Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default FS: '85 Coupe 5.0 $2600

Very fun and zippy to drive. It is an auto with 3:55 gears. Flow master exhaust as you would expect. Recent tune up and battery. New tires from discount. The engine has about 160k. It also has Ford Motorsport roller rockers and valve covers. Upgraded h pipe. As '85 didn't have them yet. The car has Ford Motorsport lowering springs. Rides like it isn't even lowered. This coupe has every option , as in power locks and windows. defrost and a/c which works. recently replaced the dash pad and added a center console. Hope we can find this solid ride a good home.

It will need paint, a headliner. To make a really sweet coupe. I have a black '86 coupe now. Can't give both the attention they need.

If you have any questions feel free to
    Call or text 206-371-5311

Last edited by 1988EXOSP; 02-28-2013 at 12:29 AM.

Location......?
    The Fleet:

'79 Fairmont Boxtop: The turbo-box
    '79 Fairmont Boxtop: The wife's car. 200/auto, factory sunroof.
    2010 Chevy Silverado: The DD/Tow rig.

1988EXOSP: Per the guidelines posted at the top of this forum, a city and state and an asking price are required for this ad. Please update this ad, within 24 hours, or it will have to be removed. Thank you.

1. City and State Required for ALL Ads – You have two options: add your City and State in your profile (City and Province for Canada, other countries…we’ll just wing it), or you must put it in the ad itself. You may then delete your location in the ad once the item has sold.

4. Posting a CAR FOR SALE (whole or roller) – The following is required:
    • Location of vehicle in ad
    • FS/For Sale in ad title (you can choose the FS: Prefix in the drop-down menu next to the thread title box).
    • ASKING PRICE OF VEHICLE. Sellers playing games has gotten out of hand. Put an asking price. Haggling is fine, guessing games are not.
    • There is no minimum post requirement to sell a car. We want these cars to have every opportunity to find a good home. You are encouraged to be as descriptive as possible in the body of the ad and to use the album upload features as outlined here: to post pics.
    • This forum is NOT for parting out cars. Threatening to part out cars or mentioning the option to part out a car is not acceptable and all references to parting out in this forum will be removed immediately and without warning.
    • When selling a car, please put Model Year, Trim Level (GT/RS/Ghia/etc.), body style, interior and exterior colors, transmission type, etc. in the main body of your ad. The more details, the better.
    • Pictures, and GOOD pictures at that, are STRONGLY encouraged.

I changed the header to include my location ad now it doesn't say it. Why would it disappear? Any who, the car and I are in Tacoma, WA

still for sale?

Yes it is

New User

man i wish you were in michigan i would have it in my garage

Why does someone from Florida wish a car was in Michigan...
    2013 Focus ST3 2.0 turbo 6 speed

85 LTD, 90k miles, 3.8/c5,For sale... Or restomod if it doesn't sell

87 Conquest TSI widebody 2.6 Turbo/5speed, also maybe for sale

94 Tempo 3.0v6/5speed 92 GLS clone project

90 gmc sierra 2wd short box. 73k showroom condition, fender flares, 31" BFG All terrain. 350ci 4.10 gear

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

I was thinking the same thing....

That car would be awesome if it were a stick, but, probably twice the cost as well. I love the color and those 10 holes look to be in super condition along with the tailpipes. Don't think you can go wrong at that price if it doesn't have any rust and runs well.
    Nice.
    If you've been thirsting for a 5 speed coupe, this would be a great car to hold you over until you can find one. I don't think you can go wrong at this awesome price on a car that looks as in good shape as this one does.
    Very nice and price right!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrome_Rush View Post
    Why does someone from Florida wish a car was in Michigan...
    Last edited by vascj; 03-05-2013 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ahurl90 View Post
    man i wish you were in michigan i would have it in my garage
    If it were in Michigan, you and I would be arm wrestling for it!
    1986 Mustang GT w/T-Tops

Thumbs up

We don't salt our roads here in Washington state. The only surface rust any one gets is under the trunk or hatch. 300 bones for carpet and a headliner will make the interior flawless! And then there is a paint job. But for an auto it is a fun car to drive. The rear end change to the 8.8 with 3:55 make that aod work right. I just can't keep it. I would like to put more time and attention in to my '86 5spd coupe. Thanks for the bumps!!!!
    Last edited by 1988EXOSP; 03-05-2013 at 09:38 PM.

Does it have emission equiptment on it? im here in colorado will it pass emissions

Wow, really nice! Good price too.
    1986 GT T-Top.
    In the middle of its resto...

Quote Originally Posted by STANGMAN116 View Post
    Does it have emission equiptment on it? im here in colorado will it pass emissions
    Yes all the smog is there. 100% stock. Don't know if it will pass. This car hasn't been required for smog for about 4 years now. It does have cats in place.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangmania View Post
    If it were in Michigan, you and I would be arm wrestling for it!
    I guess I get winner lol. It really is a nice car as is. Some paint and its good to go. You can always slap a 5 speed in it.
    2013 Focus ST3 2.0 turbo 6 speed

85 LTD, 90k miles, 3.8/c5,For sale... Or restomod if it doesn't sell

87 Conquest TSI widebody 2.6 Turbo/5speed, also maybe for sale

94 Tempo 3.0v6/5speed 92 GLS clone project

90 gmc sierra 2wd short box. 73k showroom condition, fender flares, 31" BFG All terrain. 350ci 4.10 gear

New User

i still got to update my location,used to live in florida but transfered to michigan because of job,gave up nice sunny days for snow but i can tell you i got hooked on snowmobiling and it is a blast.lol

Quote Originally Posted by ahurl90 View Post
    i still got to update my location,used to live in florida but transfered to michigan because of job,gave up nice sunny days for snow but i can tell you i got hooked on snowmobiling and it is a blast.lol
    You must be young. LOL
    1986 Mustang GT w/T-Tops

Any idea on shipping to NJ? Very interested, just to far to drive. Lol

Wow,great price for what appears to be a great car!
    putting together a little something special......stay tuned!

92 notch-WIP
    87GT-S Trim,4:10s,AOD=12.70@107
    89vert-sold
    84SVO-WIP
    84 notch-aka-FREAKSHOW
    85GT shell-for sale
    78 Zephyr-WIP
    86 Capri RS-WIP

Finally,the list of fox wants is complete!!!

FEP Member

Distance is the biggest issue by far...great ride

If this car was a 5 spd it would've been gone already!!!

Quote Originally Posted by STANGMAN116 View Post
    Not sure what CO requires for emissions testing, but in ID (I just got off the phone with my DMV office), all 1981+ vehicles must meet emissions standards.

Quote Originally Posted by 1988EXOSP View Post
    Yes all the smog is there. 100% stock. Don't know if it will pass. This car hasn't been required for smog for about 4 years now. It does have cats in place.
    Sounds like the "visual inspection" aspect would be easily passed.
    Craig "IDMooseMan" Peters
    1979 Mustang Ghia Notchback, 2.3L, Holley 5200, 4-spd, 3.08:1 7.5" diff, A/C, PS, PB, AM/FM/8-Track, Sunroof, Rear Defroster
    USAF SSgt 63170 1983 - 1992; Co-Founder, Vice President, Omega Delta Sigma, ID-A 2/2015
    To those that serve and have served, "Thank You", to those that haven't, "You're Welcome"
    2.3L Horsepower Potential Thread
    Buyer/Seller Experience Link
    Build Thread
    The Four-Eyed Game - 2018 Version

That's a nice looking coupe you have there. And IMO the automatic is a plus, since it makes the car more usable as an everyday driver.

Since you wrote that you added the console, did the car originally come with a console? If not, are the bulb outage display and the clock functional?

And do you have the original Y-pipe exhaust? An H-pipe won't pass the visual part of an emissions test, at least not in California.
    82 9D Black Magic 5.0
    82 1C Black Magic 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by arj View Post
    That's a nice looking coupe you have there. And IMO the automatic is a plus, since it makes the car more usable as an everyday driver.
    Why is it that a 5spd isnt as good as an every day driver? I dislike the feel of any automatic as it makes me feel disconnected from the "driving experience." Just my opinion. At any rate, great coupe, good luck on the sale

Quote Originally Posted by bmf347 View Post
    Why is it that a 5spd isnt as good as an every day driver? I dislike the feel of any automatic as it makes me feel disconnected from the "driving experience." Just my opinion. At any rate, great coupe, good luck on the sale
    Well like I said, my attitude towards automatics is just my opinion also. And your opinion might have something to do with living in North Dakota. If you were to routinely deal with the traffic in some parts of California, you might find that the manual transmission's "connection to the driving experience" becomes a nuisance. To each his own though.
    82 9D Black Magic 5.0
    82 1C Black Magic 5.0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast