Close

Default 1992 Mustang 2.3 .... HELP finding parts?

I recently just bought a 1992 mustang 2.3 auto with 130,xxx miles for 400$ overall good shape runs good needs a transmission , exhaust , & a starter (make alot of noises). So my question's are what years use same parts for each?

What year cars & trucks with 2.3 use same Starter , Exhaust & Transmission (auto) ?

this is a low cost cheap project to get up and going so going to be using used parts for the most part.

Will post pics later.
    86 GT WORKinPROGRESS

Is it a turbo car???
    KIT

Formerly ISS SVO

"Money is like manure, of very little use except it be spread."

Francis Bacon

1984 SVO 1C #875
    MAYBE 1986 SVO 2R GTA ED. It was a theft recovery car.
    2011 GT premium 401a package KONA BLUE 6 speed manual

I know its not a four eye ,but in my local search for 87-93 ,or even 79-93 mustang with 2.3s no luck. So I figured I would come here for help with opening my search guessing there alot more 2.3s cars that use the same parts.

Thanks in advance for all the help.
    86 GT WORKinPROGRESS

Quote Originally Posted by ISS SVO View Post
    Is it a turbo car???

No just n/a ....
    86 GT WORKinPROGRESS

The mods will probably move this... Pretty sure there's a non-four eye board here. There's also a naturally aspirated 2.3 board.
    1986 Mustang Notch, 2.3L Turbo Project

I thought about that but being that my question could be helpful to all 2.3 guys it would be ok?
    86 GT WORKinPROGRESS

I bought my starter at NAPA for about $52 plus $17 core charge. For that cost, plus you get a warranty, you might consider buying new, if it's in your budget.
    Craig "IDMooseMan" Peters
    1979 Mustang Ghia Notchback, 2.3L, Holley 5200, 4-spd, 3.08:1 7.5" diff, A/C, PS, PB, AM/FM/8-Track, Sunroof, Rear Defroster
    USAF SSgt 63170 1983 - 1992; Co-Founder, Vice President, Omega Delta Sigma, ID-A 2/2015
    To those that serve and have served, "Thank You", to those that haven't, "You're Welcome"
    2.3L Horsepower Potential Thread
    Buyer/Seller Experience Link
    Build Thread
    The Four-Eyed Game - 2018 Version

Quote Originally Posted by lil86hatch View Post
    I recently just bought a 1992 mustang 2.3 auto with 130,xxx miles for 400$ overall good shape runs good needs a transmission , exhaust , & a starter (make alot of noises). So my question's are what years use same parts for each?

What year cars & trucks with 2.3 use same Starter , Exhaust & Transmission (auto) ?

this is a low cost cheap project to get up and going so going to be using used parts for the most part.

Will post pics later.
    the trans should be the same from 89-93 as long as it has the three pin connector coming out of the trans pan for the overdrive and lockup torque converter and starter is 2.3 91-92 mustang,ranger exhaust is 87-93

You can buy parts on rockauto.com, which is generally cheaper than going to a parts house. Transmission should be the same in 5.0 and 2.3 cars, so hitting wrecking yards or craigslist for transmissions from 89-93, if you don't see anything for sale on craigslist you could put up a wanted ad for a trans and see what you get.

Some people put Flowmasters on their 2.3s and they sound decent, if you wanted a new muffler.
    -Sam
    1982 Mustang GL two hatchbacks, 3.3l and 5.0l
    1983 Capri RS Black Magic Ttop
    1984 Capri RS Sunroof
    1984 Mustang GT 'Vert
    1985 Mustang LX SSP CHP 8337
    1985 Mustang LX SSP CHP 8362
    1985 Mustang LX 3.8l 'Vert

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang Kid View Post
    You can buy parts on rockauto.com, which is generally cheaper than going to a parts house. Transmission should be the same in 5.0 and 2.3 cars, so hitting wrecking yards or craigslist for transmissions from 89-93, if you don't see anything for sale on craigslist you could put up a wanted ad for a trans and see what you get.

Some people put Flowmasters on their 2.3s and they sound decent, if you wanted a new muffler.
    trans is different between 4 cyl and v8

Thanks for the info guys.I went to a scrap yard today and got a starter off a 91, and few other parts off a capri but going post a new thread about that car.
    86 GT WORKinPROGRESS