Close

Default 1980 Mustang 2.3T Coupe for 1986 Capri 5.0/1986 mustang gt

We recently purchased this 1980 Mustang coupe 2.3T and my husband was planning a 5.0 swap. However, after research and the response we received when asking about it's "rarity", we have decided we really don't want to swap out the drivetrain, but we aren't interested in a 2.3 turbo. It's not any "special" model, but is a rather unique combination of options for that year.

With this in mind, I am hoping someone would be interested in trading their 1986 Capri 5.0/1986 mustang gt, preferably a 5 speed.

The '80 has 79,686 miles on it. It's a 2.3 carburated turbo and a manual 4 speed and it is amazingly rust free. We are officially the second owners, although there was one owner in between who never titled the car in his name (he was a friend of the original owner, kept the car at the original owners house). He rebuilt the motor and the turbo. It's not currently running, he said there was a fuel problem which we haven't really had time to investigate yet. It has a moon roof and is two-toned Dark Cordovan (brown) and Black on the bottom. There is apparently an aftermarket air dam on it as well.

The hood must have flown up at some point and is bent and the cowl is cracked, but we have another cowl piece for it. Even the dashpad is in great shape! It has red leather interior and a console, no radio currently installed. Here is a link to the production numbers/decoding thread I posted about it. Some pics are there, although I have to take better interior pictures. The only problem with the interior is the headliner is falling and the drivers seat track is missing (because the guy had installed a racing seat) All the VIN, door and buck tag info is there as well.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=144201

If you would be interested in trading your 5.0 Capri for it, please let me know. Something that needs work is fine, just not a ton of body work.

I am located in Wenonah, NJ. It's about 20 min. outside of Philadelphia and 20 min outside of Delaware. I would be willing to travel to swap if someone would split the expense of a tow (if necessary, again, we haven't tried to get it running yet)

Thanks!
    Carly
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Philly5.0girl; 02-06-2013 at 12:32 PM. Reason: add pictures
    1994 GT

Oh yeah, I forget to mention the side exhaust *sad trombone*
    1994 GT

PM Sent
    1986 Mustang GT w/T-Tops

I am also willing to trade for a 1986 mustang gt

Thanks
    1994 GT

Deal pending
    1994 GT

Deal fell through, car is available again.
    Let me know what you got.

Thanks
    1994 GT

The car also runs and drives know.

Thanks
    1994 GT