Close

Question Automania ? Allentown PA. Jan 18 - Jan 20, 2013

Has anyone ever gone to this event? I came across it on Carlisle's site. I am thinking of checking it out this weekend but was looking for some first hand reviews before I head out on a 1.5hr drive. is it worth it?

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events/automania/

Automania January 18-20 (Allentown,PA)

The 2013 Carlisle Events season schedule starts this week with its newest event, Allentown AutoMania. The event takes place January 18-20 at the Allentown Fairgrounds in eastern Pennsylvania and features a swap meet and car corral. Better yet, from a family outing standpoint, there is a farmer's market adjacent to the automotive action. These activities, combined with the camaraderie of the event itself, make AutoMania a great outing for enthusiasts of all ages.

The Allentown Fairgrounds boast 46 acres and on its property sits Ag Hall. This building has heat, making it a great way to beat the winter blues. Auto Mania is Pennsylvania's largest indoor heated swap meet and within the Ag Hall complex, show goers will find collectibles, memorabilia, original and aftermarket restoration items and much more. With attendees and vendors coming from the region over, AutoMania is the ideal way to find a much needed item for your winter resto project.

The fun isn't limited to those looking for automotive items either. Next to the automotive playground is a family farmer's market. With hours that nearly mirror those of the event itself, families are encouraged to stop in to grab a bite to eat and support local farmers.

In all, the event runs from noon on Friday through 3 p.m. on Sunday. Adult admission is $8, with children 12 and under admitted free.

I wanted to go but I'll be at the Philly Auto Show
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1986 Bronco 351ho
    VP Berks County Mustang Car Club
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2462250

Nope, haven't even heard of it before. But thanks for posting the timely remind - if I end up driving down I'll be sure to post some input. Say Hi if you see what probably will be the only black vert still going topless in the middle of January.

Has anyone ever gone to this event?
    I went last year and it was a waste of time. Save your gas and time.

-RICH-

ps if you need to get away from the wife and kidz by all means go
    84 CAPRI RS FOR SALE
    i'm a car junkie - i love junkie cars