Close

Default its been over ten years...

since i became a member to this community. ten years ago i was a dopey 16 year old kid who had a '85 mustang GT that was inherited from my dad when he died and was sitting on the driveway, languishing. because it was languishing i wanted to know how to start fixing it up hence signing on to this site.

since then it got fixed up only to be wrecked a year later by my inexperienced hand on a freeway interchange. i got another mustang and really started learning off of it. the more i learned about it, the more questions i raised and i always seemed to find answers on this site. over 3 years ago i got rid of that mustang (but i still miss it from time to time) due to the circumstances of that the car was no longer structurally sound (because a former member drove my mustang through a school gate) and i found my next four eye, a '85 LTD LX.

with the ltd lx i utilized everything i learned over the years from this site, experience and training to make it become the sleeper that it is today. i thank this site for that

over the years, i've seen people come and go. long standing members fading away and coming back. hell i dont think i even see skye round here anymore. im sure she has her reasons. but nonetheless, the ethos of this site has remained constant, which i appreciate greatly.

while we might be seen as a group of hard-line purists obsessed over a platform which alot of other people view as disposable or a generation of mustang that even a good portion of mustang enthusiasts view as inferior in comparison to mustangs of yore and future generations. but if it werent for the fox platform and its many iterations and the 79-86 mustang, there would be no modern pony car or even a rwd v8-powered automobile that is affordable to the masses and is fun to drive.

i salute this site for what it has done to this generation of Fords that we are dedicated to. all the members who made the general motoring public aware of our generation and how versatile it really is. you dont need to look far either

well here's to another ten years!
    1985 Ford LTD LX. 4 eyes, 4 doors-cobra powered
    2006 Ford F-150 Ashley/Smith special edition--the "daily driver"
    1986 ford mustang SVO--a man can always dream right?

Well put
    putting together a little something special......stay tuned!

92 notch-WIP
    87GT-S Trim,4:10s,AOD=12.70@107
    89vert-sold
    84SVO-WIP
    84 notch-aka-FREAKSHOW
    85GT shell-for sale
    78 Zephyr-WIP
    86 Capri RS-WIP

Finally,the list of fox wants is complete!!!

I feel the same way about this site and I bet most who are here do too.

I always have to laugh when I'm on another site and someone refers to us as Nazis... they just don't understand that we are PURISTS and probably care about our cars more than they will ever care about theirs.
    '86 Capri 5.0, black with charcoal interior, 5 spd, fully restored, mildly modded.

'86 Capri 5.0, white with black interior, C4, rotisserie restored, heavily modded.

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

Yep, good group here!!

I feel like an old timer round here actually. But with that, im full of useful fox-related info and i have helped a couple of guys here especially concerning their sefi conversions. Quite honestly i have no real need to have a 5.0 mustang since my ltd lx is essentially a 4-door cobra with an auto lol. However, i still yearn to have a 85.5-86 svo to mess around with the import guys. I wouldnt mind having a 85 capri just because its different and i would want to have something with a carburetor and a manual.

We will see what the future brings. One thing for certain that the ltd lx will eventually have a 408W stroker with a full compliment of maximum motorsports suspension components
    1985 Ford LTD LX. 4 eyes, 4 doors-cobra powered
    2006 Ford F-150 Ashley/Smith special edition--the "daily driver"
    1986 ford mustang SVO--a man can always dream right?

I havent been on this site to long.As i just got my 85 this summer,But i always liked the 5.0 notch backs.And came across the one i have now.There is alot off imformation on this site.And there is always some one willing to answer your question , Dosent matter how many times it has been answerd.They help if they can.I myself have been helped many times by guys on this site,And will help if i can,I am glad i found this site and i am on it every day,Thanks everybody for your help and this site.

You've come a long way Robert.
    1985 Mustang GT Mild 331 4bbl 5 spd, 1985 SEFI LTD LX AOD.
    Cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/565542
    Mid Size LTD LX Facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/groups/233213650060739/

You've come a long way in ten years..

Here's to the next 10. Long live the four eye.
    ** Kurt **

Current:
    1980 Mustang Cobra

Past:
    1966 Mustang Coupe (first car!)
    1971 Mustang Grande
    1979 Mustang Hatchback

Hey Robert, we need to go camping

FEP Super Member

Very nice Robert.
    Also, do not be so quick to judge someone's comments as being derogatory. It is often difficult to interpret someone's intentions having only text and no body language or tone of voice to guide you.
    "If road racing where easy it would be called drag racing"
    1986 Thunderbird 5.0/AOD

Venomous Moderator Hissing Cobra's Avatar

Congrats on the 10 years! Sometimes I see the join dates from members here and I can't believe it's been that long. After being on here for about the same amount of time, I still feel the same way about it as you do. It's easily my favorite site on the web for sure and you members are the reason why.
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    420 rwhp/380 rwt (New Motor)
    11.49 @ 121.86

306/T-5/4.30's (Old Motor)
    307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

Quote Originally Posted by Hissing Cobra View Post
    Congrats on the 10 years! Sometimes I see the join dates from members here and I can't believe it's been that long. After being on here for about the same amount of time, I still feel the same way about it as you do. It's easily my favorite site on the web for sure and you members are the reason why.
    Absolutely Pete. Well said as I feel fhe same way!!
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

Been just over 10 years for me. Seen a lot of screen names come and go. Met a bunch of cool people. Got lots of help from people, and tried to help where I could.

Group hug time?
    1980 Capri
    5.0 EFI Mass Air, Rebuilt T5, Centerforce Dual Friction, B&M Ripper Shifter, Aluminum Driveshaft, 5 Lug 8.8, Cobra Brakes, Maximum Motorsports HD Lower Control Arms 94GT Spindles, 94 Front Control Arms, B Springs, Tokico Shocks & Struts, MM Camber Plates