Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What I been doing with my 93 gt..

Well I drove a perfectly strong running engine up to Lou's Shop and beat the Snow I dropped it off Sunday . I went up today to gather the parts up for Todd to finish up the powder coating on a couple of things and couldn't believe my eyes He had the whole entire engine tore down to the block and said everything was going has planned and only snapped a couple of the old header bolts when removing them ! One of the things I wanted to know if it was the original engine or not ? because when I bought the car the owner said it was replaced with a new Jaspar engine that it only had 44k on it? Well It couldn't be proven until today . Lou had his doubts but when he got down to the pistons he noticed some number that seemed different and turns out that this is not the original engine just like the lady said turns out to be a 308 bored 40 over ! So i'm a happy camper Lou also said he would clean up the firewalls/strut towers with some por15 and spray them up with a little red paint to clean up some surface rust that hasn't been touched in 20 years ..I'm getting ready to send out my 19lb injectors that were on the car to get cleaned and serviced also decided to get a smaller crank pulley for the car to add some extra horse power and decided to remove the air silencer/smog pump and going to advance the timing ...... We'll see what kind of horse power this engine brings.... Here's some pics of what we did so far !

These are the mods going in car..
    Build parts...
    Gt 40 heads (F3ZE) rebuilt
    original 93 cobra intakes-powder coated
    1.7 crane rockers new
    255 walbro fuel pump new
    accufab 70mm tb
    75mm 19lbs maf new
    bbk ceramic shorty headers new
    95 amp alt
    169 Piece Polished Grade 8 Stainless Steel ARP bolt kit
    Ford motorcraft waterpump new
    h-pipe high flow cats
    Aluminum drive shaft
    Aluminum two core radiator new
    93 cobra valve covers-powder coated
    felpro gaskets
    stock Gt cam & 19lb injectors
    .................................................. .

I was up at Lou's shop over the weekend here's how far we got it's starting to look like an engine again waiting and the injectors at this point... I realized after we started putting it back together that it's going to be alot of work now keeping it clean ! Here's some pics....

We were working on the car again yesterday and got the Radiator, fan shroud, fan is all in and came out nice.He had to make some custom brackets and such. Also installed and wired the alternator and put together the upper intake, throttle body, egr, iac,distributor etc. If the injectors come by Saturday a good chance when can get it all back together have the oil changed/radiator fluid back in and try to firing this motor back up !

He found that a 1.5" carb stud works great for mounting the throttle body.
    There are 2 options:
    1 regular steel, 1 black oxide ARP ? I went with the black oxide ARP, here's a closer pic
    The moment of truth might be this weekend if we got everything we need to finish up the build and than time to turn the key !
    Last edited by 9redfox3; 01-03-2013 at 08:50 AM.
    [308,GT40 Heads,Cobra upper/lower Intakes,Accufab 70mm TB,1.7 Crane Rockers,255 Walbro,75mm 19lbs MAF,BBK Shorty Headers,High Flow Cats,Flowmaster 40's,3.55 Gears,Aluminum D/S,Tokico shocks/struts,MM Subframe Connectors.]
    DD: 2011 v6 mustang

Coming along nicely!!!!
    86 Capri 5.0/5spd: Too many mods to list
    93 5.0/5sp LX: Silver, 3,980 miles: now stored
    84 Thunderbird TurboCoupe: she's back!!
    84 Capri RS- T-top car built for my wife
    83 Thunderbird Heritage 5.0
    79 F100, new parts hauler and toy vehicle
    78 Bronco Custom: 2-wheel conversion project
    73 Mach1 -351C-5spd
    64 Galaxie 500 390 Z-code
    55 Ford Customline Sedan-long term project

^ 19lb injectors will support 270 -280rwhp which is more than the engine will make.Let's just say i'll get peak performance from them and if I ever decide to upgrade to a Vortech T trim (Which has been already discussed ) setup on the car, well the bigger fuel pump is already in place and it's just a matter of deciding on what injectors to get for now I had the original ones cleaned and serviced for $17 dollars a piece at this place here...

http://accurateis.com/store/index.php
    [308,GT40 Heads,Cobra upper/lower Intakes,Accufab 70mm TB,1.7 Crane Rockers,255 Walbro,75mm 19lbs MAF,BBK Shorty Headers,High Flow Cats,Flowmaster 40's,3.55 Gears,Aluminum D/S,Tokico shocks/struts,MM Subframe Connectors.]

Looking good,I'm you'll be enjoying your new found power and good looking bay this season.

Looks very nice, you didn't touch the bottom end, right??

Quote Originally Posted by oldford_69 View Post
    Looks very nice, you didn't touch the bottom end, right??
    No I Didn't get into that or a cam.... This motor only got 45k was running very strong when I brought it up to Lou's shop never had to add oil to it,always full.Guys it looks like Monday we are going to start it up and check for any leaks and take it for a ride !I'll to try to get it on video with more pics...

Thanks for all the nice comments...

We finally got the car finished today It looks and runs Great ! I want to thanks "Shifter Lou on the build and Todd "Stang79 on all the nice detailing powder coat work ! Here a little video not the best quality but you get the idea !

A couple more pics of end results of the build !

I couldn't wait to get the car back in my garage .........
    Last edited by 9redfox3; 01-29-2013 at 09:48 PM.

Looks great. Nice job indeed!!
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

FEP Super Member anthonydalrymple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by escogt View Post
    Looks great. Nice job indeed!!
    X2! Very nice!
    '89 5.0 5-speed 'vert, seeing rust for the 1st time in it's life as well as 4,500+ elevation....

nice ride

Nice vid nice ridepost more!

Thanks guys ! I can't wait to get it out this spring and enjoy it,the car is a lot more fun to drive .... She got some balls now !

Quote Originally Posted by 86foxvert View Post
    Nice vid nice ridepost more!
    LOL" ok it was a little warmer today decided to got out and start it up... !

Man you and your friend did a great job, but ya know what would really look nice in the engine bay, and give ya better breathing would be a BBK chrome air intake, which draws cool air from behind the side fender like the one I put on mine.

Where did ya pick up those heat shields that go to the plugs??

FEP Senior Member

Love your GT! Looks like new and sounds awesome

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

Esuper clean aero! Nice combo of black valve covers and cobra intake.

Quote Originally Posted by oldford_69 View Post
    Where did ya pick up those heat shields that go to the plugs??
    I believe that I got them from here and I wanted to keep the stock air box in for now It goes with the rest of the black....

http://www.amazon.com/Silver-Protect...859160&sr=1-21

Here's a nicer pic of the engine after I cleaned it up removed finger prints and grease ....

Just an Amazing looking Engine and Bay !!

Beautiful work

Nice well thought combination

Thumbs up Looks fantastic!!

Quote Originally Posted by EJSVO View Post
    Just an Amazing looking Engine and Bay !!

Beautiful work

Nice well thought combination
    I concur!!
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

Nicely done. Car looks great and sounds sweet!

Wow very nice

I Was up at Lou's over the weekend with my car there was a guy there that took a couple Photo's of my car thought I would share them with you ...

Car need to be clay bard again it got dirt in the paint I can feel it Todd going to get me some good detailer to remove the dirt .....

The motor got on the rebuild 230 miles with out incident runs perfect thanks "Shifter Lou for doing a good Job !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast