Close

Threaded View

Default 5th Annual Four-Eyed Fox-A-Que

Happy New Year Everyone!! I am pleased to announce....

The Official 5th Annual Four-Eyed Fox-A-Que Weekend

July 20 11:30 AM-4PM
    5th Annual Four-Eyed Fox-A-Que
    Bethpage State Park BBQ Parkside (not the golf side)
    $15 PP
    N/C for the kids

July 20 5PM-onward
    Evening gathering, location to be determined, hopefully the Beach Hut is up and running again, if not, I'll research suitable alternates.

As this is the fifth one I'm putting together, the regulars know the following details....

I also know sometimes gas and hotels prohibit attendance, so please, please only commit if you know you can arrange everything you will need to come. And yes, I know MW is the week prior and wraps up the same Saturday. See the links at the bottom of this post for a link to hotels.com.

I am also hoping we continue to get some guys volunteering this year to help with the grill. For everyone that has helped me grill in the past, I thank you!

Pre-Registration deadline will be July 13th.
    As for all past BBQ's the food shopping and getting it all there and starting the grills etc, I have no problems handling. I'll also have the PayPal checkout setup by January 31, so anyone can pay. Also for this year, as its the fifth one, I am working on a t-shirt design that will be available for purchase prior.

For anyone wishing to contribute with the shopping and gathering of food, drinks, supplies or other things we may need, please reach out to me via PM or email (I am sure 90% of you have my email and phone).

--------------------------------------------

I know there will be newcomers, here is "official address to the park".... HOWEVER be aware, this takes you to the golf course side. We are meeting at the PICNIC side, which is a little ways off. We will also hopefully coordinate a group cruise in. So everyone, bring your cameras, your iPhones, Video cams, whatever you want to take pics and video of all of it.

Bethpage State Park
    99 Quaker Meeting House Road
    Farmingdale, NY 11735
    PLEASE READ THE GOOGLE/DIRECTIONS INFO BELOW ALSO, VERY IMPORTANT....

FOOD/DRINK
    If anyone has any specific dietary needs, please let me know.

Here is what's on the menu:
    - burgers/cheeseburgers
    - hotdogs
    - sausages
    - there will be ribs this year too!
    - potato/mac salad & cole slaw
    - potato chips, doritos, pretzels (there will be no dip)
    - soda, water, juice
    - the BBQ is a dry event. No alcohol at the bbq as because we'd need a permit with the amount of people. If anyone wants to bring their own cooler for later in the evening, that's fine by me, but as the organizer of the BBQ, I ask anyone to leave it at the gate/in their cars. Last thing I'd want to see is anyone intoxicated, cracking up their car, hurting someone, themselves etc. I can't have that on my conscience or liability, thanks.

DIRECTIONS
    Here are some directions (to where we are BBQ'ing):

From Long Island's South Shore
    Southern State Parkway to Seaford-Oyster Bay Expressway N (RT 135 N)
    Take RT 135 north to Exit 8 (Powell Ave).
    As you are exiting through the curve you will get to Powell Ave/Plainview Road, make the immediate left, the main road into the park will be on your immediate left.

From Long Island's North Shore
    Northern State Parkway or LIE (495) to Seaford-Oyster Bay Expressway S (RT135 S)
    Take RT 135 south to Exit 8 (Powell Ave).
    As you are exiting off the exit ramp you will be at Powell Ave, make a left (crossing you back over 135), then continue on up to the main road into the park will be on your immediate left (Do not make the left to get back on the SOB/135).

Important Links:
    Offical BBQ Website
    Park Grounds
    Hotels
    Order the 2013 Four-Eyed Fox Calendar
    Last edited by eeprete; 01-26-2013 at 11:00 AM.

Official FOX-A-QUE Threads
    : 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009