Close

Thread: new to FEP!

New User

Default new to FEP!

I just inhereted my grandfathers 82 mustang gt all original which he bought brand new! Its sat for about 15 years and i just got it running again about a month ago. purrs like a kitten but its going to get a full rebuild. interior is like new condition. body just needs paint and a new hood. Ive read on mustanggt,org that you can out the carb and intake off a 85 mustang into the 82. is this true? easy? if so can anybody offer me any help?

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by tsbulldog1; 12-26-2012 at 04:18 PM. Reason: editing pictures

Welcome to the family. Hopefully you will start a build thread. Would love to follow as you rebuild.
    1985 5.0 Coupe - will eventually be hated by Ford purists

New User

i deffintely plan on it. looking for a few good build ideas first. Going to be a budget build as well so thats why im working on some stock upgrades.

Welcome to FEP. Definately start a seperate build thread. As far as build ideas, stock never goes out of style and it's easier to hide the horsepower, too.
    Craig "IDMooseMan" Peters
    1979 Mustang Ghia Notchback, 2.3L, Holley 5200, 4-spd, 3.08:1 7.5" diff, A/C, PS, PB, AM/FM/8-Track, Sunroof, Rear Defroster
    USAF SSgt 63170 1983 - 1992; Co-Founder, Vice President, Omega Delta Sigma, ID-A 2/2015
    To those that serve and have served, "Thank You", to those that haven't, "You're Welcome"
    2.3L Horsepower Potential Thread
    Buyer/Seller Experience Link
    Build Thread
    The Four-Eyed Game - 2018 Version

what up

New User

Thanks man. I will deffinetly let everyone see my progress. It took me along time to get that car from my grandfather lol. Im gona build it stock jus like he'd want it too. Hes passed on now so im gon get it goingg for him. Thanks for all the welcomes to the site

FEP Super Member anthonydalrymple's Avatar

Welcome! Nice project!
    '89 5.0 5-speed 'vert, seeing rust for the 1st time in it's life as well as 4,500+ elevation....

Welcome and what a special car being your grandfathers car that he bought new. Can't wait to see what your going to do with it!!!
    65 Mustang
    77 Mustang
    84 GT Turbo
    85 Mustang Convertible
    86 Mustang LX

New User

Quote Originally Posted by rkuhn View Post
    Welcome and what a special car being your grandfathers car that he bought new. Can't wait to see what your going to do with it!!!
    Thanks soo much. im looking forward to sharing it with everyone.
    im going to post some more pictures tomorrow, want to show everyone my MINT interior.

It looks rough but as long as the quarters and roof are solid, don't sweat the bolt on panels. Looks like it's in decent shape for a starting point. Welcome.

thats a great looking project, and welcome to the site! I bet your grandfather would be excited to see her restored to her former glory im looking forward to seeing more pics

Welcome from the deep south.

Welcome! That's an awesome car. Crazy how one part can rust real bad, but the rest of the car fine

It's great that you want to fix it up in memory of your grandpa. I wanted my grandpas 92 GT but he always told me it would have to be sold. He let my dad and I bring it to our house to clean it up and get it ready to sell after the 2-4 years he'd had it. Dad and I really got to liking the car, we're going to give my grandpa the money when we get it. He's not in a hurry to sell, so we have some time. Main reason I wanted it was to have one of the cool cars my grandpa has. Keep it in the family.

Can't wait to see more progress on your 82!
    -Sam
    1982 Mustang GL two hatchbacks, 3.3l and 5.0l
    1983 Capri RS Black Magic Ttop
    1984 Capri RS Sunroof
    1984 Mustang GT 'Vert
    1985 Mustang LX SSP CHP 8337
    1985 Mustang LX SSP CHP 8362
    1985 Mustang LX 3.8l 'Vert