Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Nice build and one hell of a price.

North Florida/ "Way Down Yander On the Chattahoochee"

Quote Originally Posted by quickerstang View Post
    I was digging through all my stuff today and cleaning out the garage and dound a spare fuel rail with 39# brown tops and the fpr along with some other four eye parts that will be for sale here soon

You don't have an 85.5-88 computer that will work with a big VAM and 35# injectors do you?
    Last edited by LSCR351; 12-27-2012 at 11:42 PM. Reason: updated what I am needing.
    69 Mustang Fastback= EXPENSIVE
    84 SVO= project pick up the front wheels
    86 Coupe= project show car
    87 Mark-VII Vortech'd351/T56= TROUBLE
    93 Town&Country= DD/work van
    96 F150 Lightning FlareSide= boat hauler
    99 P71 the "PO-RAUDER"=weekend ride (awaiting built motor)
    00 Excursion 7.3PSD= long distance trips
    05 F250 V10 SCSB= the Hot-Rod pick-up, trailer puller
    Wifes rides: 97 Exploraineer Sport V8= DD, 93 GT 2.3t/T5= backup, 05 F250 SCSB 4X4= toy

Very nice attention to detail on the motor work.

Update, I put the other turbo FPR on the car today and no change. I also hooked up the vacuum line up to the same place the guage is hooked up, just to make sure it wasnt that and it didnt make a differance. Guess I will be pulling the tank after all

FEP Super Member anthonydalrymple's Avatar

Hey Dono, I wonder if a broken baffle in the tank could be part of the problem....

P.S. Give me a jingle & maybe I stop by sometime this weekend to shoot the bull...
    '89 5.0 5-speed 'vert, seeing rust for the 1st time in it's life as well as 4,500+ elevation....

Quote Originally Posted by anthonydalrymple View Post
    Hey Dono, I wonder if a broken baffle in the tank could be part of the problem....

P.S. Give me a jingle & maybe I stop by sometime this weekend to shoot the bull...
    cool deal

Good news for me!

This car has really been getting to me latley, Since I dont drive it daily, it was not a big deal to get it fixed. I have had a fuel issue with it for over a year and today was the day I finally dropped the tank and found my problem. I had put a 255lph pump in it when I was having fuel problems before and it turns out that one of the hose clamps between the pump and fuel hat was finger tight and must have been leaking pressure by it. Today for the first time I had my fuel pressure go up to 60lbs under boost where it should be. It still runs a little lean up top, but this is a simple tuning issue that I can fix with binary editor.
    Last edited by quickerstang; 12-28-2012 at 08:51 PM.

What really is that I cant even go out and fart around in it today cause its raining!

Hey, look on the bright side. At least you don't have to shovel 2 feet of snow just to get to your car.
    80 Fairmont Futura 2.3 4spd (soon to be 2.3T 5spd)
    86 Turbo Coupe 2.3T 5spd
    89 Mustang 2.3T 5spd (WRL Racer)

www.RaceWRL.com

FEP Member

Makes me glad I left the snow belt.

This thing rips, I can easily smoke them all the wat thru 2nd. Cant wait till I get my bigger turbo

Please post a video of your running through 1st-2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by lumarkhood View Post
    Please post a video of your running through 1st-2nd.

I will make one soon, I need a passanger though. lol

I am going to try and get this bucket out to Irwindale on thursday and see what I can do in the 1/8th if I can get it tuned today with my Quarterhorse.

Update project SVO

So I finally hooked up my dataq that I bought almost a year ago. This is so I can log AFR and fuel pressure through Binary editor which is the program for tuning. I am still messing with the transfer funtion to get my AFR to match the guage to the computer screen, but I will get it

Here is the dataq I bought
    http://www.dataq.com/products/startkit/di145.html
    it hooks up to the analog out put of the wideband and I tapped into the 0-5V reference wire to the fuel pressure guage

This is the program that I use for tuning, it is free to download and play with, but you have to buy it to write tunes. Check it out its pretty cool
    http://www.eecanalyzer.net/downloads

no input or anything? you guys dont like the SVO's?

You have my full attention, I like svo's they rock
    IF ITS FORD POWERED YOU GOT TO LOVE IT

Still waiting on the video.
    Keep plugging along and keep up the updates. What turbo are you planning on getting?

Update. I went out for a little while today trying to get more fuel to the car after 3500 RPM with no luck. I added a stupid amount through the tune and it will not run any fatter then 13.5 AFR past 3500. I think I am just running out of injector, so I have 2 options. Turn the boost to like 15 or try out my 42lb. injectors that are for my supercharger that is supposed to go in my 99GT.
    I dont know if anybody is interested in some of the datalogs. If you are let me know. I am logging with binary editor through a moates quarterhorse.

I will post up a video when I get it better. Here is one from a while ago
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYlz5U_5yBc

Knot to shabby .
    IF ITS FORD POWERED YOU GOT TO LOVE IT

Update project SVO,,,,
    After trying to get more fuel to the motor with the laptop yesterday I came to the conclusion that my 35lb injectors are too small for my setup.

Today I swapped in some 42lb injectors I had and put the fuel back to where it should be for them and it is pretty good all the way across the RPM range. If anything I can take a little away. Now it am going to start adding timing and see if I can get some more out of it

Here is how I tune it if anyone is interested

I run the moates quarterhorse along with the dataq datalogger and the program I use is Binary Editor. It is a little difficult at first, but I never have pay anyone to tune my cars

Here is the tuner that goes in the J3 port and works awsome
    http://www.moates.net/quarterhorse-for-fords.html

Here is the dataq I bought
    http://www.dataq.com/products/startkit/di145.html
    it hooks up to the analog out put of the wideband and I tapped into the 0-5V reference wire to the fuel pressure guage

This is the program that I use for tuning, it is free to download and play with, but you have to buy it to write tunes. Check it out its pretty cool
    http://www.eecanalyzer.net/downloads

I think one of the next things that I am going to do is a speed density conversion. I would also love to do a custom roller cam setup(I have the roller ranger, but they are not a big HP cam), but I think the turbo will come before the cam

update, I blew out the exhaust gasket, again . Thought I would drive it to work and getting on the freeway on the way home it was like boost then bam lots of noise. This is the third time I blew out that gasket.I think the turbo is ok as it still makes boost. Oh and it turns out I was only running 15lbs of boost and not 18lbs. LOL, I cant wait to get it to 20, that should give me at lease 25-30 more hp

Any new updates? Been a while. I cant believe you paid $900 for that car!
    79 cobra- rockin the efi 2.3T again.

2007 lifted F-350 Lariat Outlaw 4x4
    83 Porsche 944
    01 GSXR 1000

Sold: 96 f-350, 69 baja bug, 86 XJS v12, jeep j-3000, wagoneer, 95 f-250, 89 LX 5.0 and a few others

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast