Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by quickerstang View Post
    update, I blew out the exhaust gasket, again . Thought I would drive it to work and getting on the freeway on the way home it was like boost then bam lots of noise. This is the third time I blew out that gasket.I think the turbo is ok as it still makes boost. Oh and it turns out I was only running 15lbs of boost and not 18lbs. LOL, I cant wait to get it to 20, that should give me at lease 25-30 more hp
    There is not suppose to be a gasket between the head and the exhaust manafold. It is metal to metal.
    Kendal

FEP Member

Quote Originally Posted by KCoker View Post
    There is not suppose to be a gasket between the head and the exhaust manafold. It is metal to metal.
    I don't think this car is the "machined manifold to machined head" !! He is running a header so I assume this is using silver style NA gasket.

Let us know IF you are continuing to try that one - OR IF you have gotten the Copper SCE or Esslinger style.

Mark

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheSVOTrust-MarkHaas View Post
    I don't think this car is the "machined manifold to machined head" !! He is running a header so I assume this is using silver style NA gasket.

Let us know IF you are continuing to try that one - OR IF you have gotten the Copper SCE or Esslinger style.

Mark
    I didnt see that part.
    Kendal

FEP Member

Quote Originally Posted by KCoker View Post
    I didnt see that part.
    It getting harder and harder to keep our own project straight -let alone others cars !! LOL

I had to go back to earlier posts , download photos and blow up to see issue.

Mark

So I drove the SVO to work today cause I didnt feel like putting air in the new edge's tire this morning. I must say that that little car rips. It is still a loose as hell s*@tbox, but it gets sideways in second and barks 3rd. Now if I could just get rid of all the rattles and the dang sunroof that beats on my head

Started the SVO after like a month and a half to take it for a spin and the fuel pressure seems very low. Like 15 lbs? When I burp the throttle it jumps to like 25-30lbs. Not sure if it is the sender in the autometer guage or what. I will have to hook up a mechanical to check for sure. Any suggestions, thoughts? It has been a while since I have drove it, and now I have to work on it before I can.

update, I put a mechanical guage on it today and pressure is fine. Drove it down the street for the first time in a long time. I still love how when the boost comes on in second gear it gets sideways. Wish these things were not so damn tempermental. Maybe I would play with it more

Smile

That's great news glad it was something simple .
    IF ITS FORD POWERED YOU GOT TO LOVE IT

Update, the SVO is getting some love. I am doing the torque box thing ,well you know why. This thing will be seeing the 1/4 mile coming up shortly

btw, that sound deadning stuff is like friggin gasoline, first spark and I had a big ol fire in there

Nice work my friend!! I'm glad your planning on getting in some quarter mile action with her. Can't wait to see some ET slips on what she will run, Good luck on your 1320 adventure!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LilRed86coupe View Post
    Nice work my friend!! I'm glad your planning on getting in some quarter mile action with her. Can't wait to see some ET slips on what she will run, Good luck on your 1320 adventure!!!
    thanks, I will post time slips and videos

put the interior back in it today.

was playing with the svo today
    this is what happened

I hate when that happens... Looks great!

Had a little play time in the SVO
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYDdjYfKqcs

Love the sound of the turbo during spool down....
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Almost hit that dumpster!?

I'm curious where you got the replacement turbo?

Makes me want to go work on mine!

Quote Originally Posted by PaceFever79 View Post
    Almost hit that dumpster!?

I'm curious where you got the replacement turbo?

Makes me want to go work on mine!
    I had it built by the guy at performance techniques in san bernadino, ca. It is a t3/t4 hybrid. I can provide the specs later if interested
    Last edited by quickerstang; 10-28-2014 at 07:06 PM.

Ok, I just thought I would update you guys on the running aspect of my SVO

I was having problems keeping it running smooth, iratic idle, stalling just running like crap and it has been diong that for a long time. Every once in a while the car wouldnt start. So I put a volt meter on it and it was running at 12.5 volts at idle and revving it up also. Then the fan came on(I have a supercoupe fan and radiator due to the big ass intercooler), when the fan came on voltage dropped to 11.5. I think I found the cause and I installed a 3g Alt. and sure enough car ran smooth, idled great and didnt want to stall after I get on it and push in the clutch( well most of the time). I also found that when I get in the boost all 18 lbs. of it I want from a AFR of 12.2 ish to the AFR of like 10.4 and sometimes at like 4000 it will even drop into the 9.8 range. So the good news is I have it pretty much running awesome, and the good news is I will have to make some passes down the street and dial in my AFR for the track on the 2nd. Sorry such a long read, but I hopes it helps someone

Default 1984 project SVO

Oops wrong thread!

I wouldnt suppose you bought this car near Santa Barbara/Carpinteria by chance?
    1980 Cobra - bone stock
    1982 GT - Under construction
    1984 SVO - "Outlaw" Edition (not sure what that means, yet)
    1986 GT - 302/T5, mostly original, 55,000 original miles
    1990 Bronco - 357/AOD/GT40 converted/MAF converted/SEFI converted, long travel suspension to be installed soon

Keep us posted on your progress.
    IF ITS FORD POWERED YOU GOT TO LOVE IT

Quote Originally Posted by quickerstang View Post
    So I wanted a bigger intercooler and decided on the NPR. Here is a pic next to the stock radiator

I went with the supercoupe radiator and fan for cooling

for piping I went with stingers NPR/volvo kit
    I know this is a really old thread and the original poster may no longer be on the board but wanted to see if anyone knows what year super Coupe this radiator is from and if the original air conditioning could have been preserved with the addition of this NPR intercooler. I have this same intercooler on the shelf a day I've been toying in my mind on how to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by foot2floor View Post
    I know this is a really old thread and the original poster may no longer be on the board but wanted to see if anyone knows what year super Coupe this radiator is from and if the original air conditioning could have been preserved with the addition of this NPR intercooler. I have this same intercooler on the shelf a day I've been toying in my mind on how to make it work.
    Don't know anything about the AC but the Supercoupe only existed in one single bodystyle over a 6 year run. There should only be one radiator.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast