Close

Default 1983 Mercury Capri

You are viewing a 1983 Mercury Capri. Fresh Paint 2011 Mustang Yellow Buffed and Very Nice, Fresh and a TRUE 347 Stroker I just had redone with New High Performance Bearings, New Oil Pump, New Seals and Machine Work all Redone on Block, There is over 10000 invested into 347 alone including, Scat 4340 Forged Crank, Eagle 4340 H-Beam Rods with ARP Wave-loc Bolts, J&E Forged Pistons, Brodix Aluminum Heads with Port Work, Comp 282 Duration Camshaft with .585 Lift, 1.6 Comp Aluminum Roller Rockers, Chrome Moly PushRods, New High Volume Oil Pump Runs 65-70Psi Oil, Edelbrock Victor Jr Intake Port Matched to Heads, Holley 750 HP Carburetor, MSD Ignition, AN Fittings Through-out, Edelbrock High Flow Fuel Pump, Hooker Super Comp Headers, Ford Racing Dress Up Kit, High Volume Water Pump, Canton 7 Quart Oil Pan, ARP Bolts Throughout, On and On, puts out a little over 425 Horse to the rear wheels when it was last dynod, Best Part all NEW COLD R134 A/C and I mean COLD, Trans is a Pro-Built Tremec with Stage 3 Clutch, Hurst Performance Shifter, Hardened Input Shaft, Rated to over 600 HP, Suspension is all set up with QA1 Adjustable front suspension, and Granatelli tubular front end, all adjustable, 4 Wheel Disc Cobra Brakes with aerospace drilled and slotted rotors, Ford Racing Tubular Control Arms and Shocks in Rear, Sway Bars, Sub Frame Connectors, Richmond 3:73 Gear, Interior is Original and Very Very Nice with MSD Tach Drive to let the factory tach work with the highly modified engine, fold down rear seat, very nice later model bucket seats in front very comfortable, Drag Lite Rims with New Tires,
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by MercCapri83; 12-06-2012 at 12:59 PM.

Love the color schema. Welcome to FEP
    I'm an FEP Paid Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

1984 Capri Turbo RS - Alive after 7 years! Build Thread
    2018 Mustang GT - daily driver

Not gonna lie,I love it!
    putting together a little something special......stay tuned!

92 notch-WIP
    87GT-S Trim,4:10s,AOD=12.70@107
    89vert-sold
    84SVO-WIP
    84 notch-aka-FREAKSHOW
    85GT shell-for sale
    78 Zephyr-WIP
    86 Capri RS-WIP

Finally,the list of fox wants is complete!!!

Is this a for sale ad, LOL? It reads like one. That car is awesome. Amazing how fast you can get to $10k building an engine. By the way, that color yellow was not available on a mustang until 2013. There was no yellow in 2011 and the 2012 yellow was not yellow at all, it was gold.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Very nice, but would be much better if the sale panels and window frames were blacked out too.
    -EVIL SSP-
    '85 KY Highway Patrol SSP Coupe
    Walk around/exhaust clip

-David

@ homer, it is not for sale lol sorry. and yes, it is amazing how fast you can hit 10K on an engine lol. And also, thank you for informing me on the color, I appreciate it

@85_ss_302_ Coupe, Now that you mention it, that would look pretty sick, I might take that into consideration!
    Last edited by MercCapri83; 12-07-2012 at 11:32 AM.

best of the best
    here's to the freakin' weekend,I'll drink to that

Welcome to FEP, Nice Merc!

Robert
    1984 RS 347 Capri, To many car parts to list, check out my car build page here for the story on my car and a full parts list/setup!:

My RS in Action

Quote Originally Posted by MercCapri83 View Post
    @ homer, it is not for sale lol sorry. and yes, it is amazing how fast you can hit 10K on an engine lol. And also, thank you for informing me on the color, I appreciate it

@85_ss_302_ Coupe, Now that you mention it, that would look pretty sick, I might take that into consideration!
    For me, seeing the painted vertigo window frame of the door just breaks up the lines of the car. I would go all black with the window frame and sale panel, or at the least do the window frames.

Last edited by 85_SS_302_Coupe; 12-07-2012 at 07:03 PM.
    -EVIL SSP-
    Walk around/exhaust clip

-David

Welcome! This is a great shot!

Thank you everyone! And thank you for the input!

Very nice! +1 on blacking out the window area and sail panels. What's up with those sail panels? Custom made? I'd go back to the original Capri sail panels, one of the better features that differentiate Capri from Mustang! I have the best of both worlds, a Capri-bodied '83 Mustang! All JMO, of course! ;-}
    1983 Mexican Mustang 5.0/4-spd
    1982 Capri RS 5.0 H.O.

Tcruise, Thats what im thinking about doing now. Those black sail panels would look nice on my car! And you do have the best of both worlds! Thats awesome!

I prefer the all body colored look personally. Including the trim above the sail panel.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Would you be able to send me a link for some black window panels? I cant seem to find any. That is a clean color you used! I'm planning on going about the same color, and then switch to a Cowl inducted hood.

Liking the color, but then again I'm kinda partial to yellow...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Current rides:
    89 LX 5.0, 5 -spd..the Lemon
    86 RS Capri 5.0 Auto...
    86 LX Colorado SSP 5.0 5-spd (Sadly Sold)
    85.5 SVO, Finally Got Boost
    83 RS Capri 5.0, 5-spd (another sadly sold)

Really like your car, although I kind of agree with the window frames needing black paint. I think it would make the tinted windows flow. Sail panel paint is optional, I think I would like it either way personally. The tinted windows really make your car stand out and the black trim/accents makes the yellow really pop!! BTW, I think you have a twin, if it only had tinted windows as well....

http://iowacity.craigslist.org/cto/3437193355.html

84 LX convertible: 5.0 swap from a Lincoln Mark VII : 11/2011-11/2013 (Sold....)
    My Baby-77 Cobra II-302 5 Speed

That's a gorgeous Mustang! I will defiantly look into painting the panels!

I believe those are SVO sail panels if nobody has mentioned it yet.
    -EVIL SSP-
    Walk around/exhaust clip

-David

oh my god my car finnaly resurfaced. Id love to see it. and is that still the old paint or did you repaint it recently? still looks good i really feared somone parted it out or something! good to see it is still together!
    (I'm also insane so please disregard post as directed by prescription!)
    1980 79 cobra tribute car. 466 BBF C6 and to much torque Lol
    Past/ 83 Capri = 347/w roush 200 heads victor Jr intake and a tfs3 Cam, Full length subframes. Qa1 front sup with coilovers,11" Disc brakes front and rear, Tube rear control arms, 8.8 w/3.27's soon to be 3.73's
    and Nitto 555r's

Nope different yellow but the same car (looks better anyway). id love to see it sometime. where are you located?
    (I'm also insane so please disregard post as directed by prescription!)
    1980 79 cobra tribute car. 466 BBF C6 and to much torque Lol
    Past/ 83 Capri = 347/w roush 200 heads victor Jr intake and a tfs3 Cam, Full length subframes. Qa1 front sup with coilovers,11" Disc brakes front and rear, Tube rear control arms, 8.8 w/3.27's soon to be 3.73's
    and Nitto 555r's

I love this car man, I dont think I would ever part it out. And I live out in Fl

I knew this was a for sale ad.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775