Close

Default Trade ONLY: 91 GSP SSP Mustang for 85-86 -- no cash sale

I have a 91 GSP ssp car I wold like to trade for a 85-86 car. Pic's avail. Barn find. The cars runs good, no rust or accidents. Still has decals from service on it.

The car has 121k on it and roll bar is still in it. Never been driven by the public. Never tagged by the public. I also have build sheet.

Wow, too bad all those GSPs were autos. That is a cool car. Love to own it.

smunczen: Per the guidelines posted at the top of this forum, a city and state are required to be posted in the main body of this ad. Please update this ad within 24 hours or it will have to be removed. Thank you.

1. City and State Required for ALL Ads – You have two options: add your City and State in your profile (City and Province for Canada, other countries…we’ll just wing it), or you must put it in the ad itself. You may then delete your location in the ad once the item has sold.
    It would also be helpful if you posted an approximate value of a vehicle you would accept in trade.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 12-05-2012 at 11:26 PM.

The car is blue in color with blue int. 5.0 auto trans. This car was last in driven while it was in service at Albany state. They were given the car after GSP was done with it in 1998. It was sold at auction again in 2003 and not been on the road since.

Location?
    Previous mustangs
    90 lx 5.0 swap (totaled) :'(
    89 hatch gt (sold)
    90 lx 2.3(sold)
    85 3.8 vert (sold)

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

looks like the rear bumper had been dented, or is that the way it was bolted up?
    man that car would be awesome if it wasnt an automatic, nice track car. and definitely needs a complete paint job to be streetable. po-po around here wouldnt even allow that car on the street without a big ticket or worse yet..impoundment. Cars like this I wish I were a body and paint guy.

Would it be so bad to swap in a 5 speed? Is it an effort or an originality issue?
    1986 Mustang GT w/T-Tops

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

Conversions are highly frowned upon and significantly devalue the car. No big deal if you were to keep it, but, would be a little tougher to sell down the road. To do a conversion right, costs decent money, most arent done correctly. Atleast the ones I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangmania View Post
    Would it be so bad to swap in a 5 speed? Is it an effort or an originality issue?

I agree, not a fan of messing with SSP cars.
    85 GT Vert' (CFI converted to EFI), 306 TFS 170's, Systemax II, Lunati cam, 8.8 w/3.73, Ford Racing T-5, AFM Powerpipe
    317 rwhp 304 rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by vascj View Post
    Conversions are highly frowned upon and significantly devalue the car. No big deal if you were to keep it, but, would be a little tougher to sell down the road. To do a conversion right, costs decent money, most arent done correctly. Atleast the ones I've seen.
    I both agree and disagree with you on this point. I agree that a correctly done 5 spd. swap is somewhat costly and not all of them are done right. And I agree about a transmission swap hurting a car's value if you intend to do a 100% stock resto.

I do think that 5 spd. foxbodies are much more desirable than auto cars to most of the people buying these cars. It can actually help sell a car, regardless of whether it is an original or a swap. Especially if the owner is more interested in driving the car than doing a numbers matching, bone stock resto.
    1986 Shadow Blue LX Coupe 5.0/5spd
    2012 Mustang Boss 302 Kona Blue #2995 Recaros/Torsen
    1995 Firehawk #321
    1988 4Runner SR5 V6

The car has pwr windows, locks, rear defrost. The car is located in the Atl metro area.

I restore these cars so I know them well. This car is a super complete car. Never been hacked up or mod'd

This what im woking on now.
    Last edited by smunczen; 12-06-2012 at 09:33 PM.

Location?
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 12-07-2012 at 06:11 AM.
    1979 Pace car
    1985 GT
    1993 Cobra #4993, Last 93 Cobra Builit
    1995 Cobra #1670 Bought
    2009 GT500KR #173
    And a few other's

The car is located in the metro Atlanta, Georgia area.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 12-07-2012 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vascj View Post
    looks like the rear bumper had been dented, or is that the way it was bolted up?
    man that car would be awesome if it wasnt an automatic, nice track car. and definitely needs a complete paint job to be streetable. po-po around here wouldnt even allow that car on the street without a big ticket or worse yet..impoundment. Cars like this I wish I were a body and paint guy.
    Terrible track car!! Please rebuild it or let it go to someone who will! I see so many SSPs end up on the track and I just cant understand it. I have an 87 Tx DPS car as well. I would love to have that car to go with it. Not sure that I would give up my 85 Regatta but Its not out of the question. Hmm???

Ill say this if I can't find a trade for this one. I will restore this car some time next year.
    It takes so much time and the costs are high to do it right. I have already collect several Nos parts for this car.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 12-07-2012 at 06:12 AM.
    86 ssp mustang tx dps unit m6-380
    82 ssp mustang chp unit 0366
    13 f-150 fx4

Quote Originally Posted by smunczen View Post
    This what im woking on now.
    LOVE IT!!! Wish we could get our 86 TxDPS back to that point! It will be a min before that happens. Its in pretty bad shape but it will get there one day.

New User

PM sent
    86 GT
    86 coupe

I also have a set of NOS quarter windows. Headlights, seat material, dash vent, outside window door moldings.
    13 f-150 fx4

to the top
    13 f-150 fx4

FEP Power Member 82 fairmont guy's Avatar

sweet ride , what condition 86-6 you looking for? i have a 7b coupe i would consider trading.

as you may see it is not the correct paint on the car but is also one of only 254 made so.........definately worth the time and effort. also it is an auto
    Last edited by 82 fairmont guy; 03-03-2013 at 08:06 AM.
    Mike aka "MOOSE"
    81 zephyr / ltd clip/ mustang s/c 5.0 (1 of 1)
    86 Lx 5.0 7B Coupe (1 of 254) Shadow Blue now at the body shop....
    86 GT vert 9l 5spd White/extremely dark grey two tone it's my avatar
    1989 Ranger extra cab 2wd 2.3 5spd
    2003 triple black GT VERT

GOD BLESS OUR MEN AND WOMEN WHO SERVE OUR COUNTRY......PAST AND PRESENT