Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Arizona FEP Cars and Coffee?

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in having a Cars and Coffee type gathering sometime in the near future? We could try and find somewhere that is centrally located on a Saturday morning sometime.

If anyone is interested post a reply, and if you know of a good place to meet, post that up too. All we really need is a Starbucks parking lot in a safe neighborhood (or something like that).

I would like to meet some fellow Fox Junkys, and check out your cars. Hopefully we can make this happen while the weather is nice.

Mike (TopGear86)
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Hey there, my name is Robert.
    This is my first post. Cool site. I just bought an 86GT Hatchback a couple weeks ago. I'm here in Mesa, Az. Would be cool to see other Mustang enthusiasts. Maybe show my life partner a nice foureyes so she can see what I want mine to look like. I had two 85 GT's before this one, over ten years ago. I love them.
    Anyways, would be cool to check out other stangs, I'm down almost any weekend.

Hopefully someone with a nice FourEye replies (lol). Mine looks good in pictures, but it has needs when you get up close. But it starts, runs, drives, and stops...and it's all mine so I can't complain. I know there are other members from AZ with some really nice foxes. Not just Mustangs, but Thunderbirds, Capri's, and Fairmonts. Hopefully some of them are down with a get together too.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Lol I know what u mean, mine is not in the greatest shape either. My brother loves mustangs too, he had an 02'GT. He lives out in Goodyear, maybe when I get my mustang running ill take it out there and we could meet up somewhere.

Sounds good! Is anyone here part of the Copperstate Mustang Club? If so, what do you think? I guess I'm just looking for an excuse to drive my car, and talk Foxes/Mustangs face to face (In addition to over the interweb) with guys and gals that also enjoy the greatest car ever made.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Hello,
    I'll have to check on here more often. I would be up to see some four eyed cars over coffee. I don't have a "mobile" four eye as I just purchased another 85 Capri and Im in the process of stripping my Mustang to build it. If you ever meet up I would be interested though.
    Last edited by 8550capri; 01-11-2013 at 01:11 AM.

Love to meet up. I am up in Surprise. Need to get my Mclaren out more often as it is.

Default Copper Star Coffee Shop

Ok, So, I was going to start a new thread about getting together for coffee, until I saw that Mike had beat me to the punch.
    I tried to think of something neat, somewhere in a centrally located area for all of Metro Phoenix.

(Dang this is one big, spread out metropolitan area!)

Anyway, there is an old converted service station on 7th Ave. a couple of blocks north of Indian School, called The Copper Star Coffee that is now a pretty fair coffee shop.

It is about as centrally located (in a safe area) as I know.

How many of you foureye'd fans could make it there for coffee sometime between 8:00 & 10:30AM on Saturday, the 11th of May?

If there is enough interest I will talk to the owners to see if a parking area could be reserved for us to park together.
    Last edited by BLK BRD 88; 05-09-2013 at 02:06 PM.
    I never seem to get the nut that holds the steering wheel fixed

I'm in!
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

86 50CPRI

I could probably get my Capri up and going enough for a little road trip. Sounds like fun!

Quote Originally Posted by 86 50CPRI View Post
    I could probably get my Capri up and going enough for a little road trip. Sounds like fun!
    Nice! We need a Capri.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

I will try and make it but it is going to depend on if the wife has our new baby. Would also be driving my 92 since the fairmont is on jack stands.

Update on the address for the Copper Star Coffee Shop. 4220 N. 7th Ave.
    It is about three blocks north of Indian School in the middle of the Melrose district.
    Bring your wife or girl friend to the get together, and if she isn't interested in talking about cars, she can stroll through the quaint shops along 7th ave.
    Here is the coffee shop's home page
    http://www.copperstarcoffee.com/

Ron
    Last edited by BLK BRD 88; 04-26-2013 at 11:54 PM.

I may be up for a coffee or so. My Capri is in pieces so I would have to say it wouldn't make it.

86 50CPRI

wife says she wants to go...hmm may be a bonding thing. Either way..looks like Im commited.

Quote Originally Posted by svtrichie View Post
    I will try and make it but it is going to depend on if the wife has our new baby. Would also be driving my 92 since the fairmont is on jack stands.
    Keep us up to date about your daddy status!

Quote Originally Posted by 8550capri View Post
    I may be up for a coffee or so. My Capri is in pieces so I would have to say it wouldn't make it.
    I think that I speak for all of us who will show up that Saturday morning when I say, you are very welcome with or without your foureye.

Quote Originally Posted by 86 50CPRI View Post
    wife says she wants to go...hmm may be a bonding thing. Either way..looks like Im commited.
    Great, mine plans to come also.

Ron

FEP Super Member 79mustangcobra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TopGear86 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in having a Cars and Coffee type gathering sometime in the near future? We could try and find somewhere that is centrally located on a Saturday morning sometime.

If anyone is interested post a reply, and if you know of a good place to meet, post that up too. All we really need is a Starbucks parking lot in a safe neighborhood (or something like that).

I would like to meet some fellow Fox Junkys, and check out your cars. Hopefully we can make this happen while the weather is nice.

Mike (TopGear86)
    Hi Mike,

I will be back in AZ in November when my fiance does an IronMan race in Tempe.

Maybe we could get together then?
    1979 Mustang Cobra 5.0
    2P Red and 1C Black

Stock never goes out of style
    MCA #70281 - 79-93 MCA Concours Judge
    Proverbs 3:5-6

My Mustang Story
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...71#post1688371

Quote Originally Posted by 79mustangcobra View Post
    Hi Mike,

I will be back in AZ in November when my fiance does an IronMan race in Tempe.

Maybe we could get together then?
    Sounds good to me, just keep me posted when we get closer to November. That would be excellent!

Btw, your lady has to be pretty hardcore to take part in an ironman challenge. I had a buddy that did one and he said it was the hardest thing he's ever done. Once she finishes it will be quite an accomplishment. Very few can handle that challenge. Is she training hard?
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

FEP Super Member 79mustangcobra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TopGear86 View Post
    Sounds good to me, just keep me posted when we get closer to November. That would be excellent!

Btw, your lady has to be pretty hardcore to take part in an ironman challenge. I had a buddy that did one and he said it was the hardest thing he's ever done. Once she finishes it will be quite an accomplishment. Very few can handle that challenge. Is she training hard?
    She is pretty amazing. This will be her second one. She did one last year in KY. She ran the AZ Marathon in January, the Boston Marathon, and she just finished the one here in Nashville. She loves it.
    1979 Mustang Cobra 5.0
    2P Red and 1C Black

Stock never goes out of style
    MCA #70281 - 79-93 MCA Concours Judge
    Proverbs 3:5-6

My Mustang Story
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...71#post1688371

My hats off to her, being able to do that is a huge accomplishment. I assume you guys fly out to AZ? I think this year you should drive the Cobra (lol), that way us AZ guys can check it out.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

I just wanted to give this thread a bump because our first meet is only a couple days away. If anyone else in the Phoenix area is interested we will be meeting this Saturday (5/11) at the Copper Star Coffee Shop on 7th Ave near Thomas. I hope to see all you Phoenix area guys and gals (and your awesome cars) there.

http://www.copperstarcoffee.com/
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

I have to bump it again because that coffee shop is actually three blocks north of Indian School on 7th Ave.
    Sorry for the original confusion.
    The manager there is not willing to let us park in front as I had hoped, but there is parking on both sides of Heatherbrae, which is beside the coffee shop.
    Ron

not going to be able to make it. With the wife expecting in just two days, I dont want to leave the house very far. But will make it another day. Someone take some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by svtrichie View Post
    not going to be able to make it. With the wife expecting in just two days, I dont want to leave the house very far. But will make it another day. Someone take some pics.
    Hey Ritchie,
    Sorry you won't make it tomorrow, but I sure do understand your situation.
    Let us know when she delivers, and until then you will all be in our prayers.
    Ron

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast