Close

Default Lincoln Five Lug Swap

Hey All,

New member here. I have been doing some reasearch but not finding exactly the information I need. I have recently purchased the complete brake and axle assembly from a '90 Lincoln LSC. I have already swapped the brackets and pulled two passenger axles from an Aerostar. I have a few questions before I go too far.

Housing: are the four link mounts exactly the same as my '82 GT, I've seen some posts that say yes and some that say they are slightly different, which one is it?? I don't want it hacked.

If it will work I will need the dimensions of the quad shock mounts. Distance out from the edge of the housing to the center also the height from the top of the tube.

Spindles:

From what i can gather they are the same as '84-86 SVO. I assume i will need the ball joint "sleeves" and use my current ball joints???

From what I have read if I go with this setup I will be "limited" on my wheel selection but I have found nowhere that tells me what wheels I can and cant use. I've already jumpped the gun and have bought drilled and slotted rotors for it but I don't want to do it and find out I can only use SVO or Lincoln wheels.

Any input would be helpful.

Dennis

You can use the lincoln rotors with 87-93 Mustang 5.0 spindles. I just did the swap.
    Have:
    1986 Mustang GT Coyote swapped
    1985 Mustang LX coupe
    2016 F150 Supercrew Sport 5.0

As for wheel choices, the "general" rule when using the stock, integrated bearing/rotor assembly is a Ford wheel with a large cover over the lug-nuts, similar to the stock phone-dial and/or Pony rim design. So, 94-96 Cobras work; the SVOs work; similar wheels to these designs. What theoretically doesn't work without spacers are the 98-01 Cobras; the 5-spoke "Bullitt" wheels; similar wheels of that design. Of course there are exceptions, that is why it's a "general" rule.
    Last edited by qtrracer; 11-23-2012 at 09:47 AM.

Thanks for the info. Anyone know about the rear housing or can get dimensions for the quads?
    Dennis