Close

Default '81 'White' Black Magic -Window Sticker

G'day all from downunder, where tomorrow it's Melbourne Cup Day (Major Horse Race)! Good luck to you all with the US election about to take place, whatever your politics and, it's also my birthday too, all on November 6th!! If you gamble have a go on No.4 Red Cadeaux.

OK, after ordering my window sticker on February 14th (St Valentines Day), I received it today, November 5th after a painful and mostly patient wait, though it did scream a couple of times whilst 'patiently' waiting! Apparently my Eminger Invoice is not to be found and so, the Marti people had to dig very deep for the information to make up my Sticker.

Anyway, I have it now and it's attached for all of you to view and ponder.

Keep up the great work Mick (FoxChassis) and keep, or get, those four-eyes on the road!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    aka Terry M Walsh
    Downunder in Melbourne, Australia

1981 Mercury Capri, 'White' Black Magic, 200-2V/C4
    1983 Ford Capri, 2.8i, 5-spd

Terry, Happy Birthday and congrats on the window sticker. Your car is gorgeous. I'm glad Joe sold it to someone who will cherish it's unique qualities.
    Dave

If common sense was common wouldn't it just be sense?

1983 Capri L T top 5.0 efi aod
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1981 Black Magic 400 c6
    93 F-250 351 5sp 4x4

That's great, Terry! Looks like it turned out real nice.

FEP Super Member 79mustangcobra's Avatar

Very nice Terry! Happy birthday to you as well!
    1979 Mustang Cobra 5.0
    2P Red and 1C Black

Stock never goes out of style
    MCA #70281 - 79-93 MCA Concours Judge
    Proverbs 3:5-6

My Mustang Story
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...71#post1688371

Happy Birthday, Terry. Window sticker looks great.
    Craig "IDMooseMan" Peters
    1979 Mustang Ghia Notchback, 2.3L, Holley 5200, 4-spd, 3.08:1 7.5" diff, A/C, PS, PB, AM/FM/8-Track, Sunroof, Rear Defroster
    USAF SSgt 63170 1983 - 1992; Co-Founder, Vice President, Omega Delta Sigma, ID-A 2/2015
    To those that serve and have served, "Thank You", to those that haven't, "You're Welcome"
    2.3L Horsepower Potential Thread
    Buyer/Seller Experience Link
    Build Thread
    The Four-Eyed Game - 2018 Version

Happy Marti Day Terry.

Lookes great. Its the day before in the Antipodes, so this is a Happy Birthday. Hope the Cup brings you fame, fortune with your Flutter!

AntipoDean

What emissions lable do you have, it lookes the same as mine

Hi Dean, yes mine is the same label as yours! (See attached)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    aka Terry M Walsh
    Downunder in Melbourne, Australia

1981 Mercury Capri, 'White' Black Magic, 200-2V/C4
    1983 Ford Capri, 2.8i, 5-spd

Quote Originally Posted by terrymwalsh View Post
    Hi Dean, yes mine is the same label as yours! (See attached)
    Boy did that sticker give me nightmares!!!!!! to get it to pass california smog
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

Yes, I read the whole drama before Terry got the car, he PM'd me, and siad it required a lot of replacing the stock gear to get a IM test pass. Which it did eventually.

That's why I'm ultra interested in the common I6 becasue smog Nazis victimise 1-bbl I6 3.3 owners, but in many cases becasue of the compliant EO classifications of modifed CARB components, let every HO 5.0 owner on the plannet fit E303's, alloy heads, headers and yet our piddly 85, 87 or 92 hp 3.3 get slapped with rectification notices.

Ugghh. I work with an importer, and unless its a non runner junker, the IM test is required before a car can be transferred overseas in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by xctasy View Post
    Yes, I read the whole drama before Terry got the car, he PM'd me, and siad it required a lot of replacing the stock gear to get a IM test pass. Which it did eventually.

That's why I'm ultra interested in the common I6 becasue smog Nazis victimise 1-bbl I6 3.3 owners, but in many cases becasue of the compliant EO classifications of modifed CARB components, let every HO 5.0 owner on the plannet fit E303's, alloy heads, headers and yet our piddly 85, 87 or 92 hp 3.3 get slapped with rectification notices.

Ugghh. I work with an importer, and unless its a non runner junker, the IM test is required before a car can be transferred overseas in some cases.
    well what pisses me off is that 1 year it passed it smog, it was so clean but it failed the visual inspection for a broken bolt on the exhaust manifold so i fixed that and took it back now they said it was blowing to high so it failed..... WTF? i said it was just here afew months ago and it passed but in that time california raised its standards ...ok so i leaned out the carb, reset the timing, it passed so the next yr i go back it failed again! (and i did nothing to it)! the nazi's were coming! i just couldnt keep up, i didnt want to change it to a injected v8 my main thing was to keep it a I6 even though the original I6 had to be replaced. but now its eating vegimite and playing with kangaroo's maybe i'll try to see it again next yr....
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

Its always easier to fit to a later emission spec Fuelie Five Oh engines.Those EO/CARB labels show an emission inspector your devotion to the cause. Carb and CFI engines don't produce the same rock solid idle and emissions sweetness of the 5.0 port injected engines. The 4-bbl 5.0 HO is probably one of the best four barrel engine ever made, and is usually an easy emissions pass.

But if you've got an I6, its got 100 hp behind what a 3.3 should be, and you can't bolt on one performance item anywhere with any EO or CARB approval so anyone with designs on making it big with one is gonna have to pay big to even get a legal 125 hp. Although I'm sure you could make a 33 hp boost on the stock 92 hp to get 125 hp with a stock 256 cam and carb, just CNC cylinder head porting but ignition, fuel mixtures. With a 264 cam, and carb approved 2.3 liter 2-bbl carb and some changes, you might see 185 hp. If some one was able to certify the alloy CI head and the right cat back exhast, there is an easy 218 hp with an EGR equiped feedback EFI 3.3.

I'm working on a emissions legit triple 32/36 Weber I6 within the current CA specs, but it requires about 30 grand to conduct the US tests. The actual issue is that the testing requires a 50 thousand mile aged version to prove that the chages don't invalidate the 1981 CA Capri and Mustangs 1-r0-26 emissions calibration.

Most of the cost is finding a benchmark car to compare the modified version to.