Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Hang in there Craig, you will get back to your coupe.
    Dave

If common sense was common wouldn't it just be sense?

1983 Capri L T top 5.0 efi aod
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1981 Black Magic 400 c6
    93 F-250 351 5sp 4x4

I'd like to know when that will happen, Dave. I thought I was so close this year. Then the truck accident, and now cars for both daughters. I'm not being selfish, but I'd like to have my projects completed with my money one of these days.

Granted, my gals need their own cars. My oldest works two part-time jobs, one for pizza delivery and the other for the school district. Depending on funding, she may or may not have a job at the school during the upcoming school year. My youngest would like to have more options for work locations. She works on campus at Eastern Oregon University between classes and track practice. With her car, she'll have the option of working there in Oregon or here in Idaho during the summer break. Her summer break period is different than most other universities. She has been filling out job applications today. No one can tell me that my "kids" are lazy. Both want to graduate on time and get on with their lives.

When it comes to my Mustang Project Fund money, whatever my daughters need to get their lives started, they can have.
    Craig "IDMooseMan" Peters
    1979 Mustang Ghia Notchback, 2.3L, Holley 5200, 4-spd, 3.08:1 7.5" diff, A/C, PS, PB, AM/FM/8-Track, Sunroof, Rear Defroster
    USAF SSgt 63170 1983 - 1992; Co-Founder, Vice President, Omega Delta Sigma, ID-A 2/2015
    To those that serve and have served, "Thank You", to those that haven't, "You're Welcome"
    2.3L Horsepower Potential Thread
    Buyer/Seller Experience Link
    Build Thread
    The Four-Eyed Game - 2018 Version

Haha, the sooner they can get educated and get good-paying jobs, the sooner they can send money home to Dad, for his project car.

It sounds like your money was much better spent on the daughters, rather than the Mustang. The car won't notice the additional wait, plus the older you get, the longer you can tolerate having your project car down - it just doesn't seem like as long...
    You want a beater Corolla, or something well known for reliability, for the one who delivers pizza... I hope she goes to the rich suburbs to do that job.
    '88 Mustang GT convertible, T5, 3.08:1 gears. 5.0 Explobra Jet: A9L Mass Air conversion, Fenderwell Mac cold air intake, 70mm MAF meter = 4.6 T-Bird/Cougar housing + '95 Mustang F2VF-12B579-A1A sensor, aftermarket 70mm throttle body and spacer, Explorer intakes, GT40P heads with Alex's Parts springs and drilled for thermactor, Crane F3ZE-6529-AB 1.7 "Cobra" roller rockers, Ford Racing P50 headers, Mac H-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump, UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant with Ford OEM cable, 3G conversion ('95 Mustang V6), Taurus fan, rolled on Rustoleum gloss white paint...
    Past Four Eyes: Red well optioned '82 GT 5.0, Black T-top '81 Capri Black Magic 3.3L 4 speed, Black T-top '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.Over 200,000 miles driven in Four Eyes, and over 350,000 in Fox Body cars.

That's why a lot of car guys don't get started until after they have gotten their kids through college. Parents first goal (a lot of parents...not all) is to set their kids up for success, then they can enjoy the hobbies they are interested in. At least you already have the car and can put a little time and money into it when you can.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

FEP Super Member 79mustangcobra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mustangxtreme View Post
    Hang in there Craig, you will get back to your coupe.
    X2. Hang in there
    1979 Mustang Cobra 5.0
    2P Red and 1C Black

Stock never goes out of style
    MCA #70281 - 79-93 MCA Concours Judge
    Proverbs 3:5-6

My Mustang Story
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...71#post1688371

I'd like to know when that will happen, Dave. I thought I was so close this year.
    Sometimes you have to step back and just work on the little things just to stay engaged. But some paint, clean up and restore small pieces. Granted it won't look like you are making much progress but in the long run it will help get the car completed. Just don't tear the car down more than you can reassemble in a couple of days. This will help keep you from getting discouraged.
    Dave

1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1981 Black Magic 400 c6
    93 F-250 351 5sp 4x4

Thanks for the encouraging words, gang. We picked up Jennifer's car today, had lunch, then made a road trip to the DMV. Car is officially in "her" name now.

We're looking at a car for Salena on Thursday. Maybe I should rearrange my Project Plan to start with the interior stuff first? She doesn't need to be running for that work. Or, I could probably take her to the rear end shop to have the 3.73:1 gear set and Trac-Loc unit installed. I should look through the Mustang parts and separate the rear gear set and interior stuff from the rest. That might help me stay motivated.

I think Jennifer will want to use my pressure-washer to clean her car, so maybe I'll have her spray my Ghia, too.
    1979 Mustang Ghia Notchback, 2.3L, Holley 5200, 4-spd, 3.08:1 7.5" diff, A/C, PS, PB, AM/FM/8-Track, Sunroof, Rear Defroster
    USAF SSgt 63170 1983 - 1992; Co-Founder, Vice President, Omega Delta Sigma, ID-A 2/2015
    To those that serve and have served, "Thank You", to those that haven't, "You're Welcome"
    Build Thread

Craig, I'd probably start on the interior first. Either way plan it out before doing anything. This might help guide your direction.
    Dave

1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1981 Black Magic 400 c6
    93 F-250 351 5sp 4x4

Dave, the major thing I want to do with the interior is the headliner and sunroof drain tube fix. I had planned on replacing all weatherstripping while the engine and transmission were out, but I think I'm going to move that sub-project into the "Interior" section of my project plan. Then, it is mainly adding speakers and a CB radio setup. Prior to, or during, the speaker/CB install, I planned on replacing the heater core. There was a slight hint of "sweetness" when using the heater/defroster when she was drivable. Since I'm not driving her, I have the heater core bypassed.
    Build Thread

FEP Supporter

I'd agree to get started on the interior too Craig! Concentrate on one portion at a time. These projects can get overwhelming in a hurry!

What are you plans for a headliner? NPD doesn't offer Vaquero replacements that I've seen

Oh, the window and door seals aren't too bad either
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

SMS Fabrics may have some material. They will send you samples to help you select the correct stuff. It won't be cheap however.
    Dave

1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1981 Black Magic 400 c6
    93 F-250 351 5sp 4x4

I may have to look at JoAnn's Fabrics again. I should've bought the material I found a while back. It was very similar in color and texture, but I decided to wait. I may have to buy a neutral color and rattle-can it with LMR's product line for Vaquero interiors.

All of my previously bookmarked location no longer have Vaquero listed. I may be stuck with buying what's available and painting to match. Not my first choice, but I'll need a headliner at some point. Due to the sunroof leaks, I'm sure the headliner board needs to be replaced. Everything I'm seeing in ABS replacements has the interior light in the wrong location. My interior light is closer to the windshield and the headliner boards I find for sunroof cars have the interior light between the sunroof and rear window. I'll either have to cut a hole in the proper location for my car, or extend the wiring to reach the existing hole. I may try to be different and add a second interior light. I'm not doing a full-on, concourse restoration here, so maybe I'll add a disco ball, too.

Nah, I'll save the disco ball for another day.
    Build Thread

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234