Close

FEP Super Member 79mustangcobra's Avatar

Default Not for Sale on Invoice

Foxchassis I saw this on another website and thought this may interest you. It is from a 1991, but I thought it might be relevant.

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum...p?topic=5330.0

This is the reason why

"Update: I received my Marti report yesterday for the '91. Midlife, you pretty much nailed it.

According to Kevin Marti, "Your car was marked not for sale only because the EPA testing for the new model year was not complete and it was not legal to sell a vehicle until after that testing was released. Once it was, another window sticker would have been generated for this vehicle with the EPA data and pricing shown on the sticker."
    1979 Mustang Cobra 5.0
    2P Red and 1C Black

Stock never goes out of style
    MCA #70281 - 79-93 MCA Concours Judge
    Proverbs 3:5-6

My Mustang Story
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...71#post1688371

Interesting. Makes sense to me. Though I wonder why vehicles would be sent to dealers before EPA ratings were available, and the car could then legally be sold. Seems kind of silly to have a car sitting on the lot or in the showrom if you can't sell it.

Going to move this one to a different forum as it is not four-eye related.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Blog Entries

Almost bought one of the Plymouth Seabring convertibles when they first came out. The one I wanted had the same sticker, and they told me I could not buy it for several weeks. Passed it up.
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

I was a Mgr in a ford store for 17 years the sticker with not for sale is the pre-sticker the car that came in early in the production came to the dealership with this sticker then later the sticker with price came to the dealer and we had to go on the lot and change them out,great find these sticker were to be destroyed as soon as the new with the price came in. Hope that helps explan the sticker.