Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VIN Decoder

Is there a new link to the decoder? I get webpage not available.
    1985 Capri RS 5.0 5 Speed
    1994 Thunderbird LX 4.6
    1978 Country Squire 7.5
    2004 Mustang GT 4.6

Had a power outage when you tried. Power is restored. Try again.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Had a power outage when you tried. Power is restored. Try again.
    Worked great! Thanks for the update Fox!
    1985 Capri RS 5.0 5 Speed
    1994 Thunderbird LX 4.6
    1978 Country Squire 7.5
    2004 Mustang GT 4.6

It's not working for the vin on my 1980 fairmont. Some help would be greatlet appreciated

Are you sure that you typed it in correctly? I just checked the decoder with my '78 Fairmont VIN and got correct results.

BTW, if you post a picture of your door tag and your buck tag (mine was screwed to the radiator support directly above the passenger-side parking light) in this forum http://vb.foureyedpride.com/forumdis...s-and-Decoding you'll get a lot more information about your car.

Oh! Welcome to FEP!

Mike

Added: VIN/buck tag on my Fairmont - http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?168778
    Last edited by 4-barrel Mike; 12-23-2015 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Added info

I tried 3 or 4 times so I'm pretty sure I had it typed in right. I'm just trying to find some info on it bc it's one of the only ones I've seen with a sunroof. I just got it this week though so I'm still learning about the cars obviously. Thanks for the help, I'll have to get pics of them when I get home!

A 1980 VIN should be 11 characters. The 1st character is "0", the 2nd character is "E", "K", or "X", or possibly "A", the 3rd and 4th characters are "91", "92", "93", or "94", and the 5th character is "A", "B", or "D" .

What error message (in bold red on the page) are you getting, specifically, after you click the decode button or hit enter?
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

That is how my VIN is set up. It says "VIN must be for vehichles within scope of this site."

Please post the VIN. Thanks.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

OK, you typed the letter "O" for the first character but it's not a letter it's the number zero.

0K93B178519
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Well that was a dumb mistake on my part, thanks for the help guys! I'm very new to this but love the cars!

Funny thing, tho. If you take his initial input, click on the VIN link in your siggy, click on the next link, paste the VIN into the ap, recognize that it's an 'oh' and substitute 'zero' for 'oh' BEFORE clicking "DECODE", you still get "VIN must be for vehicles within scope of this site" No big deal, really, but confoozin'.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by 4-barrel Mike View Post
    Funny thing, tho. If you take his initial input, click on the VIN link in your siggy, click on the next link, paste the VIN into the ap, recognize that it's an 'oh' and substitute 'zero' for 'oh' BEFORE clicking "DECODE", you still get "VIN must be for vehicles within scope of this site" No big deal, really, but confoozin'.

Mike
    Do it as you say worked for me.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Quote Originally Posted by Copperhead Capri View Post
    TABLE="class: t5
    Was there something you were trying to copy and paste? If so, it doesn't look like it worked.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123