Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Neither here nor there

I kinda think if I had a RST, I would be just using the forward scoop they came with being a rare Capri, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Capriman86 View Post
    I kinda think if I had a RST, I would be just using the forward scoop they came with being a rare Capri, but that's just me.
    Bestill my heart.. Lol

Official FOX-A-QUE Threads
    : 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009

I wouldn't. I'd keep the stock hood and scoop, and locate a different hood, either flat to bolt a bulge scoop to or a factory bulge scoop hood, and go with it.

My '84 came with a flat hood, I robbed the '83 of it's hood and scoop and used it for a long time. When my I gave the '83 to my brother (Casper83RS), he bought a hood scoop for the flat red hood, so I traded hoods back. He got his factory white hood w/ scoop, and I got the flat hood with scoop to mount. Yea, it looks better with a forward facing scoop than it does without a scoop at all, but the non-functional portion of it kills me.

The power bulge scoop looks 10x better, and it would help vent heat better when you open up the fake heat extractors and actually make them ventilate.

Neither here nor there

Quote Originally Posted by SVT Rob View Post
    I wouldn't. I'd keep the stock hood and scoop, and locate a different hood, either flat to bolt a bulge scoop to or a factory bulge scoop hood, and go with it.

My '84 came with a flat hood, I robbed the '83 of it's hood and scoop and used it for a long time. When my I gave the '83 to my brother (Casper83RS), he bought a hood scoop for the flat red hood, so I traded hoods back. He got his factory white hood w/ scoop, and I got the flat hood with scoop to mount. Yea, it looks better with a forward facing scoop than it does without a scoop at all, but the non-functional portion of it kills me.

The power bulge scoop looks 10x better, and it would help vent heat better when you open up the fake heat extractors and actually make them ventilate.
    Yeah but a TRS vs. our cars is a bit different, I know ALL capri's are rare but some are more so then others.

I won't ever cut the vent holes, I can't imagine it lets enough heat out to make that big of a difference and its just more dirt and water to mess up the engine bay in my opinion.

Yeah but a TRS vs. our cars is a bit different, I know ALL capri's are rare but some are more so then others.

I won't ever cut the vent holes, I can't imagine it lets enough heat out to make that big of a difference and its just more dirt and water to mess up the engine bay in my opinion.
    I understand, Jeff. Believe me, as I've gotten older, I've started the whole "stock appearance" theme, I don't know why. I've done a lot to my car, but it can still be reversed.

The factory faux heat extractors are actually in a GREAT place to vent some heat, if they are opened enough. The power bulge hood scoop would help that immensely, with the low ramp in front and high ramp behind the vents, causing a low pressure area at the vents for heat to swoop out.

I can see not doing that on a vehicle that gets driven daily (I would still do it, I never cared about the engine bay looks, until just recently LOL). I don't know. I love the look of the stock hood, but I do want some heat extraction, and my fake vents to not be fake.

Thanks guys.

JTurbo, I love the all-original work you did (heck I look at your threads every couple of weeks to see what I'm missing/need to do and where things go. Croke's thread too.)

This topic brings up an interesting challenge? Do I keep it 100% stock when I restore it, or do subtle mods as I go? The hood is one where I'm going to be subtle The car came with the bulge hood already (not the original hood) so I'm going that route and will probably paint it body color, though I wanted to see what Flat black on charcoal would look like.

FYI here is what I started with, so I'm not actually changing a perfect car!

I'm an FEP Paid Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

1984 Capri Turbo RS - Alive after 7 years! Build Thread
    2018 Mustang GT - daily driver

Quote Originally Posted by capri debris View Post
    IMO, there is no other body mod you can do to a Capri to toughen up it's looks than to put a buldge on it.

Here's some pics of mine:

I have an 83 Capri RS. I love your car. I really want that same front bumper and side skirts, could you tell me what year and model those are from?

Quote Originally Posted by 1983Capri351W View Post
    I have an 83 Capri RS. I love your car. I really want that same front bumper and side skirts, could you tell me what year and model those are from?
    The front lower air dam is stock OEM 84-86 Capri RS. The lower air dam is the same as the 79 Pace Car, the 80-81 Cobra, and the 82 GT. There is a Xenon and Kamei front air dam that are very similar and work well with the OEM Capri front bumper cover as the "True RS" air dam bumper cover is different than the full bumper cover of non RS cars in 84,85, & 86. The side skirts are Saleen or Saleen style pieces as well as the rear valance is a Saleen or Saleen style piece.

Hope that helps!

Trey
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Thanks for the quick and accurate info!
    1983 Capri RS 351W 5spd - Sunday Driver
    1984 Mustang LX 351W 5spd - Sold
    1985 Pontiac Fiero V6 5spd - Sold
    1995 Impala SS 5.3l Auto - Sold
    1995 Saturn SC2 Race built Turbo setup - Sold
    2004 VW Passat W8 6spd - Sold

No problem.

Here are a couple of pictures of my Kamei front spoiler that will mount to a stock 79-86 Capri, and 79-82 Mustang full bumper cover.

Name:  1984 Capri front bumper 006.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  95.4 KBName:  1984 Capri front bumper 011.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  93.5 KBName:  1984 Capri front bumper 004.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  106.1 KB

The Xenon spoiler is more like the OEM, but personally I think they all look good. You don't see the Kamei spoiler often as they quit making them many years ago.

Trey
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller