Close

Default 92 Plymouth Acclaim 3.0 V6 kickdown linkage???? Anyone? lol

So my nephews car was acting weird. He tells me in park you can rev the engine fine, but in drive, the pedal only goes maybe 10%. I take a look and sure enough the kickdown linkage isn't adjusted properly and in drive it's limiting the throttle...in "2" it's even less and in "1" you can barely even press the pedal. The shifter cycles through from "P" down to "1" just fine and nothing seems to be binding. The throttle cable isn't binding in any way either...it's the linkage getting in the way.

If you force the pedal - which he did the first time it happened - it physically shifts the car up into neutral. We couldn't figure out how it needed to be adjusted though...there is a set screw to adjust said linkage and when trying to tighten the set screw the adjustment block broke...so we took off all the linkage for the time being - the car now throttles fine in all gears and drive fine...just won't have any trans kickdown...should be fine as he only drives in town but I'd like to figure this out.

The weird thing was even if we had been able to adjust the linkage to give full movement to the throttle it would then have been useless...that's why we were thinking something else came out of adjustment...

Can't find any pics of the linkage at the top of the trans area - which is under the corner of the battery tray.

I've circled the linkage in this pic (not his car) but you can see the rest of is disappear under the battery (arrow).

Anyone have detailed pics of this or know how to adjust it?

Any other help or insight is appreciated.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by n20capri View Post

Any other help or insight is appreciated.
    Mike
    http://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-ca...sion-help.html

Post #7 seems relevant.
    -Michael
    '79 Fairmont 5dr 'car guy safe' MM Tech Tips StopTech Brake Bias StopTech White Papers