Close

Default Headers from a 1990 town car

Question, will factory exhaust headers from a 1990 Town Car fit Fairmont transplanted 1985 Ford 302?

thanks in advace..

have NO IDEA how that picture got into my posting?????

Didn't know Lincoln's had headers...? Anyways if they are just manifolds, I don't think they will work. They exit in slightly different locations than fox body stuff. BUT someone correct me if I'm wrong!
    1984 Mustang GT - BUILT 351W 5spd
    1985 LTD LX - 306, 3" exhaust, 87+ Front brakes
    1985 LTD Wagon - 5.0 5spd project
    1985 LTD LX - 347 Stroker 5spd, Cobra 5-lug brakes, 17" Cobra R's....

Man ive thrown away a few sets of mustang stockers.

I would of gladly let you have a set for the price of shipping. There are a few sets goign on egay for 100 bucks. I personally would look on the corral for a used set. I wont pay more than 75 bucks for a set.

The 1990 Town Car had tubular manifolds...not quite headers but not quite manifolds. They are more popularly referred to as "Lincoln Logs" within the Panther Community.

Their popularity stems from the couple horse gains one sees when swapping from old heavy cast manifolds to these higher flowing tubes. They also bolt right up to ones factory Panther exhaust.

Now in your case if you do not have an existing exhaust these will of course bolt right up to your heads and you can build the exhaust around it.

If you are planning on mating them up to your current Fox exhaust these will not work. The bolt hole spacing is a tad off and the type of joint the manifold would make to the down pipes does not mate up to Fox type ball and socket seals.

If you plan on not using them people are looking for them out there because once again they bolt right in place of Panthers (1990/1) cast manifolds.

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...t=linocln+logs