Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Twister II

Whats the history on the car? What dealership was it purchased from originally? Can you take a closer picture of the old ignition box, not the red MSD. Almost looks like one of the FMS/MSD boxes. Does it have long tube headers?
    Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

If it is indeed one of the 3.08 cars, there is a high probability that it came from Summit Ford. That was the dealer that ordered the 10 with 3.08 (five w/ T-roof, 5 w/ solid roof).
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

I think I see long tube headers in one of the pics from the old craigslist ad.

by the vin i was told it came from summit ford, still been draggin ass and not got all the paperwork from my buddie with the info, and yes it has longtubes and ill see about getting an ignition pic

a couple pics from getting it out this weekend

and here is a pic of the FMS ignition

Nice! Has it been converted to true duals? If not I would like to see a picture of where the long tubes attach into the exhaust. I am asking this because if the car came from Summit Ford, they put that FMS/MSD box on and long tubes as part of their Dominator Package.
    Steve
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

Does the VIN end in 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, or 97?

it is true duals but i know all the exhaust was changed by my friends dad, and the vin# ends in 67

If its 1FABP28M0FF109867 then it did come from Summit Ford. Unfortunately though the mileage is off because that VIN was reported having 75,357 miles in 1988.
    Steve
    Previously owned:

Quote Originally Posted by bluesfannoz View Post
    Nice! Has it been converted to true duals? If not I would like to see a picture of where the long tubes attach into the exhaust. I am asking this because if the car came from Summit Ford, they put that FMS/MSD box on and long tubes as part of their Dominator Package.
    Since it has some of the Dominator stuff on it, could it be a Twister/Dominator? Were there any such thing?
    1982 Dominator GT
    *1st Dominator ever sold and
    autographed by Jackie Stewart *
    1993 Corvette
    2005 Roush Mustang
    2008 Escape
    (DD)

If its 1FABP28M0FF109867 then it did come from Summit Ford. Unfortunately though the mileage is off because that VIN was reported having 75,357 miles in 1988.
    good to know that the dmv ****ed me

BITCHIN PURCHASE! WHAT A SCORE AT ANY PRICE. HISTORY RIGHT HERE AND YOU GOT IT. AWESOME. I WILL STOP OVER FOR MY NUT SACK KICK.
    HARVESTER OF EYES

DAMN IT! LET THE RABBITS WEAR GLASSES, SAID THE CRIES OF THE CARROT.
    YOU SHOULD NEVER SMOKE IN PAJAMAS, YOU COULD CATCH ON FIRE AND BURN YOUR FACE.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Tony View Post
    good to know that the dmv ****ed me
    It's easy for me to say, and I realize you don't want to hear some of this stuff, but you are better off knowing now. Rather than be surprised later. You still have an awesome car, and you should be proud of it. All these cars have a past, unless you are the original owner.

It's kinda like woman...all these cars have had other people in their lives before....wait a minute. Keeping with the cars are like woman analogy, maybe we shouldn't give him any bad news about the car. If you had slept with someone's wife, you wouldn't tell the guy would you? HHHMMM.....
    1982 Dominator GT
    *1st Dominator ever sold and
    autographed by Jackie Stewart *
    1993 Corvette
    2005 Roush Mustang
    2008 Escape
    (DD)

Quote Originally Posted by bull-vette View Post
    It's easy for me to say, and I realize you don't want to hear some of this stuff, but you are better off knowing now. Rather than be surprised later. You still have an awesome car, and you should be proud of it. All these cars have a past, unless you are the original owner.

It's kinda like woman...all these cars have had other people in their lives before....wait a minute. Keeping with the cars are like woman analogy, maybe we shouldn't give him any bad news about the car. If you had slept with someone's wife, you wouldn't tell the guy would you? HHHMMM.....

its cool, the car aint going anywhere and i know where this car has been and that there is know way it had 75k put on it in its first 3 years and would make it showing 110k on it now when i know it has not even had 2k put on it in over 20 years

I won't argue with you on that. Its been known to happen. Both Autocheck and Carfax are reporting that. I have the VINS for all the Twisters that Summit Ford sold. I had long ago run autocheck and carfax on all of them. I didn't just recently run this. I would recommend documenting as much as possible from the original owner to challenge that.

its cool, the car aint going anywhere and i know where this car has been and that there is know way it had 75k put on it in its first 3 years and would make it showing 110k on it now when i know it has not even had 2k put on it in over 20 years
    Steve
    Previously owned:

Haven't seen this mentioned before but the original speedometer has been swapped out sometime in this car's lifetime. That one that is showing 10,799 miles is not the original speedometer, it is a Ford Motorsport 140 MPH speedometer. The factory original speedometer only went to 85 MPH.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Haven't seen this mentioned before but the original speedometer has been swapped out sometime in this car's lifetime. That one that is showing 10,799 miles is not the original speedometer, it is a Ford Motorsport 140 MPH speedometer. The factory original speedometer only went to 85 MPH.
    every dash pic of a twister ive seen including a mustang special models book i have has that speedo

I won't argue with you on that. Its been known to happen. Both Autocheck and Carfax are reporting that. I have the VINS for all the Twisters that Summit Ford sold. I had long ago run autocheck and carfax on all of them. I didn't just recently run this. I would recommend documenting as much as possible from the original owner to challenge that.
    looks ill have to see if i can put together a mileage timeline then

every dash pic of a twister ive seen including a mustang special models book i have has that speedo
    also looking i see that most of all special interest mustangs that came from summit ford were equipped with a 140 speedo and FMS ignition, i wonder if that has something to do with it

Could be that Summit Ford installed the 140 MPH speedometer but it otherwise was not standard issue for the Twister II.

Yes I have been told there were. Hopefully the previous owner has all that paperwork.

Quote Originally Posted by bull-vette View Post
    Since it has some of the Dominator stuff on it, could it be a Twister/Dominator? Were there any such thing?
    Steve
    Previously owned:

That is not correct. Only if you purchased the additional Dominator package did you get those items. There were a number of the T2's sold from Summit without those pieces. This is the first one of the five I have located so far that had those items.

also looking i see that most of all special interest mustangs that came from summit ford were equipped with a 140 speedo and FMS ignition, i wonder if that has something to do with it
    Steve
    Previously owned:

You likely have what could be a one of one car there if you can get documentation from the original owner that he bought it from Summit with the Dominator package.
    Steve
    Previously owned:

You likely have what could be a one of one car there if you can get documentation from the original owner that he bought it from Summit with the Dominator package.

supposed to be meeting up with my buddie this week sometime to get the documentation he has and see what all is there

Were you able to get any documentation?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast