Close

Talking 1983 Convertible Restomod

I have a 1983 GLX Mustang. It has a 3.8l v6 right now but I have a 5.0 roller motor that I'm going to throw in there over the winter. In the next few weeks I'm going to weld in a 8 point roll bar, throw in a rear seat delete, and new black carpet. This will finish up the interior. Hopefully the winter after this next one I can get her painted. I'm thinking AZURE BLUE like on the 03-04 mach 1 mustangs. "I've always loved that color. Anyways I always to forget to take pictures when i'm working but i've managed to get together a few of what ive done so far.

This is what I'm starting with...
    [IMG]http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/169509_10151114131354419_526120383_o.jpg[IMG]

Too much red for me...The interior was in great shape just not the way I want it...

Seats are in great shape too...to bad i'm not going to use them.

Original miles...not feeling the woodgrain

Started removing the dash...

And removed the seats...

One of these bolts was tight as hell....

Then the carpet...floor pans look great Too

Only rust I found was on the bracket for the backseat it will be removed one I can get the f*&%ing thing off

Added new speakers while I was workin on the dash

Finally found a steering wheel I liked.

Whiteface gauges

Got a great deal on a faded 140 speedo so I put that in...

Added some LED's

Started painting some of the interior I want to keep

Hard to tell but this had a crack in it towards the bottom right...fixed with plastic epoxy them sanded it before I painted it. Wish I had the before pic

Installed the new steering wheel after I painted the dash..

I wanted something unique to put on the passenger dash bezel...turned out awesome!

I will post more tomorrow...Sorry the images are pretty big.

Great job on the repair of the dashpad! Had the same rusted bolt bracket and used alot of "rust buster" , waiting and impact driver. I see your door panels also had speakers. What kind of shape are the door panels? Our 83 had the red and white interior and we went with all red. Also the back seat has a much better fit where the back and bottom cushion come together. Looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by 4foxes View Post
    Great job on the repair of the dashpad! Had the same rusted bolt bracket and used alot of "rust buster" , waiting and impact driver. I see your door panels also had speakers. What kind of shape are the door panels? Our 83 had the red and white interior and we went with all red. Also the back seat has a much better fit where the back and bottom cushion come together. Looks good.
    Thanks, the door panels are actually in pretty good condition.