Close

Default Harness Black plastic connectors

1983 Ford Fairmont coupe

Those plastic oval shaped connectors for the distributor- alternator have completely disintegrated --any ideas where I can buy new ones????

Mike

I am not sure about the distributor, but you might find the repair pigtail for your alternator here.

The male connectors on the ignition module and distributor pickup are only available with
    the module and pickup. The female pigtails are available, however you'll have to trim the
    clocking tab off the one for the distributor pickup.

The similar 3-pin connector for the alternator harness is not available new. You'll need to
    find an organ donor, or change to a different style connector. Or just eliminate the connector.
    The ignition module female 3-pin connector would physically plug in, but the problem is the
    charge wire goes through that connector, and none of the available pigtails has a large
    enough wire.
    Cheers,
    Jeff Cook

'85 GT Hatch, 5-speed T-Top, Eibachs, Konis, & ARE 5-Spokes ... '85 GT Vert, CFI/AOD, all factory...
    '79 Fairmont StaWag, 5.0, 62K original miles ... '04 Azure Blue 40th Anny Mach 1, 37K original miles...
    2012 F150 S-Crew 4x4 5.0 "Blue Coyote"... 65 coupe, 289 auto, Pony interior ... '67 coupe 6-cyl 4-speed ...
    '68 Vert, Mexican block 307 4-speed... '71 Datsun 510 ...
    And a 1-of-328 Deep Blue Pearl 2003 Marauder 4.6 DOHC, J-Mod, 4.10s and Lidio tune

thanks for the information--looks like I will have to go to a different style connector....thanks again....