Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

That's great news. After the Sport gets new paint, I was mentioning having the Sport checked out a couple of months ago. I'm going to have the seats recovered, then get it appraised. I have no idea what the value will be.
    '88 T-Bird Sport Twisted Wedge heads,3G,,Trick Flow R intake,Scorpion rockers,Ed Curtis cam,BBK headers,Mass Air with 24's,X-Pipe, Flomaster mufflers,75mm t-body,T-5, MGW shifter,Mach 1 chin spoiler,Bullitt gas lid,deep Cobra R wheels,Taurus fan,3.73 gears,140mph speedo,CHE control arms, custom Hood with ''72 Torino scoop, custom trunk lid with integrated spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by east_over View Post
    I bought one of those in 92 with 86K on it and used it for my daily driver for 15 years. When I sold it in 07 it had 280K on it and was still running fine. The 2.3 four is just a tuff little motor, esp the ones with the roller cam followers. The only problems I had with it was that ford's electronic ignition wouldn't hold up for more than 40K under the boost conditions of the turbo. Absolutely forget about the advance/auto zone/ napa replacements. I finally installed a msd 6al2 and ALL of those problems went away. Anyways your car looks absolutely GREAT, and reminds me of the good times I had outrunning the Jap crowd..
    Quote Originally Posted by who-nxt View Post
    Yes, miles are not nearly as important as how well it has been maintained. Our '99 Ranger Sport parts delivery truck now has 463,xxx miles and counting. I KNOW it hasn't been treated as well as this 'bird, but the maintenance has always been done on schedule.
    Now, that is truly encouraging news from the two of you!

My only real concern lately is that it seems to run kind of hot when driven in the Phoenix area & when climbing the mountains up to my home near Prescott.
    The P.O. said that it is normal for the gauges on these to spike for no reason, but it still alarms me when I see the heat gauge & oil pressure gauge needle pointing so high.
    Ron
    I never seem to get the nut that holds the steering wheel fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnietbird View Post
    That's great news. After the Sport gets new paint, I was mentioning having the Sport checked out a couple of months ago. I'm going to have the seats recovered, then get it appraised. I have no idea what the value will be.
    If you do get an appraisal on it, please let us know how it turns out.
    Ron

WOW, I hope my dad and I's is that nice when it's done!

He likes the stock wheels, though I'd rather have the ones you've got. I guess I just like the "Cobra 5 spoke" look
    1998 SVT Contour #0003/Bondurant Instructor Car
    ^Currently Totaled^
    1993 SVT Cobra #2048
    1980 Capri RS

1988 Thunderbird Turbocoupe
    1970 Boss 302 Trans-Am Package

Quote Originally Posted by Jay86GT View Post
    WOW, I hope my dad and I's is that nice when it's done!

He likes the stock wheels, though I'd rather have the ones you've got. I guess I just like the "Cobra 5 spoke" look
    I generally tend toward all stock like your dad.

Those wheels were on the Bird when I bought it, and I immediately began a search for a nice set of the original snowflake wheels to put on it.
    I found a good set in Omaha & mounted them, but within a week had decided that I preferred the spoke wheels that came with my BLK BRD.
    I think that I probably like them better on this one because of its lowered profile & red calipers that didn't show through with the snowflakes.
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnietbird View Post
    . I have no idea what the value will be.
    ......................... priceless.
    Mike

Now stang-less.

88 Cougar 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by mcb82gt View Post
    ......................... priceless.
    Certainly in our minds they are!

By the way vinnie where are some pics of your TBird?
    Ron

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12