Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Reproduction Goodyear Gatorback 22560R15 now available

According to this:
    http://www.sspmustang.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13026

$300 per tire. Not in our budget any time soon but some of you others Im sure will be interested.
    MF: Shoot pool Fast Eddie.
    EF: Im shootin' pool Fats. When I miss you can shoot.

Well ,There is always "Christmas" OR PowerBall !

Good to know that they are being reproduced.

How about Motorcraft Series 65 Batteries Next ?

At least until the economy improves - Hopefully Soon

More $$ Per Tire than my Pilot Sports -

Which I replaced my Original "Gatorbacks - Lost to Age Hardening with several years
    ago

Later:

E. J.

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

Well, now I know where I can get tires for my DD 90 LX when its time.Thanks

I wouldn't spend that kind of cash on tires for a daily driver...
    2013 Focus ST3 2.0 turbo 6 speed

85 LTD, 90k miles, 3.8/c5,For sale... Or restomod if it doesn't sell

87 Conquest TSI widebody 2.6 Turbo/5speed, also maybe for sale

94 Tempo 3.0v6/5speed 92 GLS clone project

90 gmc sierra 2wd short box. 73k showroom condition, fender flares, 31" BFG All terrain. 350ci 4.10 gear

Way too much money for an outdated tire. I'd rather buy two bfg gforce kdw tires that those repro gaters.
    1985 Mustang GT Mild 331 4bbl 5 spd, 1985 SEFI LTD LX AOD.
    Cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/565542
    Mid Size LTD LX Facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/groups/233213650060739/

These tires for a daily driver is a moot argument. No one in their right mind would spend $1200 for a set of 30 year old tech tires for their daily driver. For those that have a show car, or even a really nice weekend show car that they want to be correct but might drive 5 miles to a show and don't want to chance 25 year old tires coming apart and bending a 1/4 panel, they are a great option. I'll probably end up with a couple sets for the cars I'm going to keep, I like the original look and am not looking for the best performance tire or wet weather tire. Originality is key and these are just the ticket.
    Chris Lott
    '81 Cobra T-Top - Black
    '85 Dominator GT - Black, 24k miles
    '85 Predator GT302R #150R - Light Regatta Blue
    '85 Predator GT302 Convertible #119 - White w/blue stripes For Sale
    '86 Texas DPS Mustang (Unit # unknown) - undergoing resto

nice to see them reproduced for the folks with original/show cars. definitely would be a waste for someone to spend that for a dd car. on the bright side, they are cheaper than the repro trx's.
    Current: 81 Cobra T Top, 79 Cobra.
    Past Toys: 1964 Falcon Vert, 1966 Mustang(owned twice), 70 Conv, 1978 Mustang II(first car), 80 Cobra, 81 Cobra, 82 GT T-Top, 85 GT 3,900 miles, 85 Predator/Twister 5S-0149, 86 Saleen 177, 86 SVO, 86 Mustang GT, 86 Mustang GT Vert, 87 Mustang GT, 89 Mustang Notch, 2003 Mustang GT Roush Clone, 2006 Mustang V6(Stainless Works LT's, MBRP cat back, 3.73's, tb, cai), and my favorite 2002 Mustang GT MPH 302 stroker, KB 2.2, TKO 500 640rwhp/591torque.

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

Nothing looks better on these old foxes than these gatorbacks, whether on a show car or a daily driver, so personally it's worth it to me. My car won't be driven in bad weather anyway and my commute is very reasonable. They have a great sidewall profile and tread look, that I'm looking forward to. Yes, lots of better tires out there, as well as cars, but, might as well be consistent. A few hundred dollars every few years is worth it to me.

This is good news. When I get a set, I can actually drive to a show without wondering if I am going to destroy my car due to a tire failure.
    The question now is, should I keep my originals mounted up & put the new Gatorbacks on another set of 10 holes or dismount the originals?
    Last edited by 86GT2r; 08-12-2012 at 12:22 PM.
    Andy G.
    1986 Mustang GT vert, 2R, original owner, 5 spd, 19k miles
    1986 Mustang SVO, 1C, comp prep, 3rd owner, 48k miles
    1989 Ranger GT -SOLD-
    2004 T-Bird, triple black, SST

Quote Originally Posted by 86GT2r View Post
    This is good news. When I get a set, I can actually drive to a show without wondering if I am going to destroy my car due to a tire failure.
    The question now is, should I keep my origainals mounted up & put the new Gatorbacks on another set of 10 holes or dismount the originals?
    imo with your low mile car i would keep the originals and find another set of nice 10 holes.
    Current: 81 Cobra T Top, 79 Cobra.
    Past Toys: 1964 Falcon Vert, 1966 Mustang(owned twice), 70 Conv, 1978 Mustang II(first car), 80 Cobra, 81 Cobra, 82 GT T-Top, 85 GT 3,900 miles, 85 Predator/Twister 5S-0149, 86 Saleen 177, 86 SVO, 86 Mustang GT, 86 Mustang GT Vert, 87 Mustang GT, 89 Mustang Notch, 2003 Mustang GT Roush Clone, 2006 Mustang V6(Stainless Works LT's, MBRP cat back, 3.73's, tb, cai), and my favorite 2002 Mustang GT MPH 302 stroker, KB 2.2, TKO 500 640rwhp/591torque.

The question now is, should I keep my origainals mounted up & put the new Gatorbacks on another set of 10 holes or dismount the originals?
    Quote Originally Posted by 02pnygt View Post
    imo with your low mile car i would keep the originals and find another set of nice 10 holes.
    I agree with Kerry. I would dismount your originals (store them) & get another set of 10 holes for the reproduction Gatorbacks.
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

Default Goodyear Gatorback Tires

Just an FYI, for anyone interested. PPI now has listed "New" Goodyear 225 60 15" tires for our cars. They are listed on PPI's website. It states that they are newly made but I'm not sure who the manufacturer is.

FEP Senior Member

The question now is, should I keep my originals mounted up & put the new Gatorbacks on another set of 10 holes or dismount the originals?
    Do it right, pull off your original wheels/tires/caps and get a set of refinished 10 holes with NOS center caps. Wheelcollisioncenter in Bath, PA knows what's up with 10 holes. Also, Fox Magazine ran an article about a company up in Canada that does them right. Good luck.

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

Tom, I would love to send the ones on my 90 up to the company that does them right in Canada, but, shipping is a killer. I'm on the lookout for a nice set locally so if you come across some please lmk.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by noac View Post
    Do it right, pull off your original wheels/tires/caps and get a set of refinished 10 holes with NOS center caps. Wheelcollisioncenter in Bath, PA knows what's up with 10 holes. Also, Fox Magazine ran an article about a company up in Canada that does them right. Good luck.
    Good info. Any idea what it would cost to have 4 refinished (minus shipping)?
    I think the best bet is to leave my originals mounted & install the repos on another set of 10 holes, as you folks suggest. Thanks.
    Andy G.
    1986 Mustang GT vert, 2R, original owner, 5 spd, 19k miles
    1986 Mustang SVO, 1C, comp prep, 3rd owner, 48k miles
    1989 Ranger GT -SOLD-
    2004 T-Bird, triple black, SST

What a coincidence. I actually just heard today that the self adhesive windshield tint-strips with your car name are also being reproduced along with cassette tapes, Members only jackets, stirrup pants, leg warmers and the mullet is back. Who knew?

All in the same month that Milli Vanilli (minus one member) got back together is too much.
    Last edited by homer302; 08-13-2012 at 09:58 PM.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Goodyear makes them in batches for Kelsey as the master distributor....as I understand it.

Discussed in this section a couple weeks back. Good news indeed for those that like to run on OEM Gators
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

yes!!
    "Good news indeed for those that like to run on OEM Gators"

Wow. Is it possible to get a Moderator to merge the 15 different threads about Gatorbacks being reproduced into 1 "master" Gatorback thread. Every forum I click on there are 5 more.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    Wow. Is it possible to get a Moderator to merge the 15 different threads about Gatorbacks being reproduced into 1 "master" Gatorback thread. Every forum I click on there are 5 more.
    Yea, but did you hear that there are new Gatorbacks being made!

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

thats FUNNY!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewM View Post
    Yea, but did you hear that there are new Gatorbacks being made!

Quote Originally Posted by Jalapeno86 View Post
    Just an FYI, for anyone interested. PPI now has listed "New" Goodyear 225 60 15" tires for our cars. They are listed on PPI's website. It states that they are newly made but I'm not sure who the manufacturer is.

Alink would be great I have no Idea what PPI stands for.

P---Piss
    P---Poor
    I---Items

since nobody like Gatarbacks

Homer...as much as you hate Gators, why do you click on them
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

I don't like gatorbacks either. But they are necessary to win shows. Plus they beat all the other tires out there, considering most 225-60-15's today are rated too low and built too poorly in some sweat shop in Asia.
    No longer visiting. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by 85GTTops View Post
    But they are necessary to win shows.
    Not true. I have earned two Golds (in two trys) in MCA Concours Driven with my SVO and I am running Goodyear Eagles. A good friend of mine has received his grill medallion for MCA Concours Trailered for his SVO with the same type tires.

Does it help to have the "correct" tires, yes, but you can "win" without them.
    86 SVO 2R Comp Prep
    86 SVO 9L Comp Prep
    86 SVO 7B Comp Prep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast