Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks guys..I just cant believe how rare of a car I have. I knew that is was 1 of 993 but didnt realize that there wasnt very many around. Is the black rocker panels a rare thing or is that standard?

Black rockers are standard on all '82 through '84 GTs but the code is only on '83 GT buck tags.

Thanks Fox. Im just trying to figure everything out and learn as I go.

WOOO HOOO we got us another REAL 83 GT welcome to the family, now make us proud and bring her back to life!

PS I got dibs if you decide to sell...
    Rob

current cars:
    83 GT Convertible
    83 Project GT T-Top Coupe
    84 GT T-Top Hatch
    86 GT Hatch low mile car
    00 V-6 Convertible

all white cars!

LOL 83GTRAG....no intensions on selling anytime soon. Im gonna restore her!! This is gonna be a great journey!! So now how many 83 GT verts do we know about now??

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchboxxx View Post
    LOL 83GTRAG....no intensions on selling anytime soon. Im gonna restore her!! This is gonna be a great journey!! So now how many 83 GT verts do we know about now??
    I am speaking for Foxchassis but I believe the magic number is now 10.
    Rob

current cars:
    83 GT Convertible
    83 Project GT T-Top Coupe
    84 GT T-Top Hatch
    86 GT Hatch low mile car
    00 V-6 Convertible

all white cars!

I have 18 VINs in the database. There would be more if I knew the VINs. I do not enter cars unless I know the VIN.

Five are owned by FEP members and another VIN was provided by an FEP member that found it for sale locally. Ten were found on ebay or autotrader. The final two were found on other message forums.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

86 50CPRI

those yellow accents are awesome! Seriously, I see a lot of potential there..looks like a keeper!

Congrats!! looking for some resto progress...

Thanks 86 50CPRI!! The yellow "YUCK"!! i cant wait to get her all up and going!!

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    I have 18 VINs in the database. There would be more if I knew the VINs. I do not enter cars unless I know the VIN.

Five are owned by FEP members and another VIN was provided by an FEP member that found it for sale locally. Ten were found on ebay or autotrader. The final two were found on other message forums.
    I wish I knew about this site before 2010! Since 2004, I've found close to a dozen real '83 GT converts; of the ones I recall right now, two were Bright Red, another Canyon Red, one White, another Black, actually two Black, and one Silver. The Silver one I remember the most. It was Silver/Black/Black, Cali car since new (blue plates w/dealer frames still affixed to its bumpers), and here's the unusual part; NO OPTIONS. Standard steering wheel, no A/C, no Power windows/locks, no tilt wheel. It actually had Cloth seating surfaces, but am not sure if that was an option. I still have the plate number too.

Nice to see this!!!

I purchased one from a guy in California in 2004. It was black and appeared to be in great shape so I had it shipped to me in Missouri. When it arrived I was so dissappointed to discover it was actually a red car painted black. I didn't like the red interior when I bought it but I could live with it in a black car but red on red!?!?!? I just couldn't live with that. It was a terrible paint job too. Originally it was red with black trim. The areas around the headlights were black too. So for a red car it was kinda cool. But still red on red. I sold it to a guy in Kentucky who was going to restore it because I had another one already and didn't need two and didn't like red.

The other one I bought from a widow in Indiana. Her husband bought it new and drove it for a couple of years and then parked it hoping it would increase in value over the years. Unfortunate for him he didn't make it to see the value increase. It has 16,xxx original miles on it. I had to put a new top on it because the old one was so brittle but other than that, oil, and windshield wipers, and tires, it's all original. It's grey or silver with black interior. It's my favorite of all the colors available. The seats are vinyl with cloth seat and backrest. It even has the original radio in it.

I parked the car in my buddys garage about 5 years ago and every now and then I see it and remember I have it and take it around the block. He tells me all the time about a new person who comes by and tries to convince him it's worth a lot of money.

There was a recall on these to replace all engine gaskets. I'm not sure how many of these made it back for the recall but this one did not. This car has every option that I know was available except for the netted halo headrests. (I'm not sure if that was an option on convertibles or not??) I actually had a pair of these but ended up selling them a few years back because they were not original to the car. The car came with all the paperwork including every receipt for every oil change and inspection and get this, the hand written note from the salesperson of the options to order and the cost for each option.

I was going to restore this car when I bought it back in 2005 but never got around to it. I kick around the idea of selling it now and then. I don't have a clue what the value is. I remember when I purchased the two I've owned, there were several available but it's been a while since I've seen one for sale.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12