Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

PUSH IT TO THE STREET! and then call him and tell him its on the street and might get towed..
    Marshall - Posting from Dominican Republic

79 Pacecar 2.3 EFI turbo
    80 Capri 5.0
    81 Fastback roller

Unfortunately he sounds like a Hoover and he's just trying to suck as much kindness (and money, things, etc) out of you (and everyone else I imagine) as he can. If you lay down the law you will see if he truly is your friend, or if it's time for him to move on to the next person to scam stuff off of. I hope it works out and he cleans up his act, but if not, at least you will know the truth and can stop supporting him.

Sorry buddy.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

FEP Super Member

If it's really only a $200 truck it's worth more in scrap- call a scrap yard that will come get it and load it up with any scrap you have - and sell the new trans- keep monies from selling everything as a final payment for rental space on your property

IF you feel like being nice right a letter to him saying he has however many days to pick up the the truck (be sure to include the VIN number on the letter also)- if it is not picked up by the last day - it will be reported as an abandoned vehicle and let the cops take it from there make 2 copies- you and him sign both copies - that is your proof for the cops
    Last edited by zac_f83; 07-30-2012 at 08:19 PM.
    71 Dodge Demon Green/Blk big turbo slant 6 in progress
    83 GT Red/Blk HCI 306/ 3550/ 4.30 8.8
    93 LX Reef Blue/ Grey stock bolts on's/ T5/ 3.55 8.8
    page 1 of my 83 GT build thread
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=85989

93 LX build thread
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...73#post1569973

Kill it with FIRE

....honestly tho drag the damn thing to the curb in front of a fire hydrant or somthing like said previously
    <Dayne>
    1985 Monte Carlo SS 5.7
    1993 Civic Coupe JDM B16A1
    1982 Mustang GT 5.0
    1980 Mustang Notchback 5.0
    1993 Civic SI D16Z6
    1991 Camaro RS 3.1
    1978 Honda Accord CVCC 1.6
    1983 Camaro Berlinetta 2.8
    1981 Mustang Notchback ...Engineless...again

Sounds like a piece of chit living off the state. F him. Another vote for the abandoned vehicle.
    2017 Lincoln MKZ AWD
    2003 Town Car
    2017 GTI
    Currently Foxless

i'm not sure if pushing the truck into the street would be the best decision. he is clearly avoiding you. i would probably read up on the laws or call the police and ask them how to handle the situation. you push that truck into the street he might come after you in the future for any costs associated with towing or storage.

also, make sure he actually transferred the ownership into his name.

cale

Believe it or not, some people get insulted if you try to do them a favor(that they didn't request). Sell the trans and tell him you want the truck gone within whatever time frame. Don't tell him to fix it, just that you want it off your property. Let him know you will have it removed at the deadline if he doesn't. Don't do him any more favors.

Well I tried to call him today. He ignored my calls. So I sent him a text saying he has until sept 1st to have the vehicle gone. Towed or fixed, it's up to him. Also explained that since I have not yet been paid for the trans that if the truck is still here sept 1st I will sell the trans and file with the state for abandoned vehicle. That got his attention because he called me right after that. Apparently I am a no good POS and i'm a horrible friend blah blah blah. Much more colorful wording than that. Told me he would like to see me try and claim the truck and that if he ever sees me on the street again.....

This is the last time I try to help someone out like this. I have half a mind to file with the state now and not give him the 31 days. Some people are just so... nvm I don't think the wording is appropriate for on here.

What is an abandoned vehicle?
    A vehicle is considered abandoned if it has been in the same public location for at least three consecutive days. Most often, it will be damaged or missing critical components, such as the engine, wheels, tires or plates.

You may be able identify a vehicle as abandoned if:

It has been in the same location for at least three consecutive days
    Is missing the engine, wheels, tires or any other part of the vehicle that make it inoperable
    Has a broken window or windshield that limits visibility
    Has one or more flat tires
    Does not have valid license plates
    Is not registered
    Note: This doesn’t include any vehicle kept within a building when it is not in use

How to report an abandoned vehicle
    To report an abandoned vehicle, call your local police department with the location and description of the vehicle.

How to obtain to title an abandoned vehicle
    If you want to claim ownership and title an abandoned vehicle, you must request an application packet from the Special Title Section at an MVC Agency. You must state whether the vehicle was found on public or private property.

In order to operate an abandoned vehicle on New Jersey roads, it must first pass a state inspection process.

If you own a repair facility and a vehicle was abandoned on your property, you may have it removed and stored or you may sell it at a public or private sale.

For more information or to request an information packet, contact:

NJMVC Special Title Section
    P.O. Box 017
    Trenton, New Jersey 08666-0017
    (609) 292-6500 ext. 5069
    Last edited by freelancenoob; 07-31-2012 at 01:42 PM.

Now is the time to place the vehicle on the street. That way he does not damage anything removing it from your property.
    No longer visiting. Cheers.

Seeing as he has already made a threat towards you I would contact the local PD and explain to them the situation. That way it is on file if he ever truly does try to threaten you or does mess with your stuff.

Also ask them what you can do to get the truck gone seeing as he has made a verbal assualt on you. I wouldn't act as a total pansy but a weakling. Then if this moron ever did come after you it's on record as to how worried you were. Then you could deliver the beating he just deservies if he came after you. I would not give this guy a chance to do crap with the truck. Get it gone ASAP and wash your hands of him NOW!!!! He will only drag you down. I have seen when the person in the WRONG files a complaint first and wins. Don't let him abuse the system and win.

Just my views on it. I'd hate to see something happen to you or your family due to a jerk like this.
    2004 Mach 1 The garge queen
    1988 F250 5.8L 5 spd 4x4 A true work horse!
    1980 F100 stepside Yard ordament
    1983 Capri L 5.8L FINALLY!!!
    ^Ready to play!!!!

"Apparently I am a no good POS and i'm a horrible friend blah blah blah. Much more colorful wording than that. Told me he would like to see me try and claim the truck and that if he ever sees me on the street again....."

This, after giving him a year's free storage and buying a trans for his truck. Do as the others have advised and file a complaint with the PD. I'd have the truck removed immediately after that conversation.

Like I said. Drag it to in front of where he's staying, and drop it there. No longer your problem.

The truck is not registered or titled in your name, get rid of it.

Take a friend along. If he starts any crap, call the cops.
    83 TC "Clone"
    85 Marquis LTS
    86 LTD Wagon

I just might have to do that. As for messing with anything here at the house i'm not worried one bit. I have security camera's that watch over every bit of the property. If he ever did do anything I would have proof of it.

There is a legal process for removal in all states for abandon vehicles. Call you state Motor Vehicle Commission for rules.

You can't sell it since the truck is NOT your legal property. You can file for ownership via a mechanics lein or abandon vehicle based upon your states law however that can be a long and cumbersome process. You can "give" the car away to a scapper since it is an abandon vehicle on your property. The key here is "give" away since there is no legal contract between you and the truck owner for you to maintain the truck, its condition and safety. That's probably better and easier than towing the truck to the street and calling the city since the truck will be gone immediately and you will NOT have to deal with the city when the owner gets a call from the city and he starts pissing & moaning YOU towed the car to the curb. You might get some cash from the scrapper under the table just make sure that there is no receipt or record they paid you!

All in all check with the DMV concerning your rights as a property owner and how you can legally dispose of an abandon vehicle on your property.
    Mike
    Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

1995 Ford Powerstroke F350 "Centurion" STRETCHED Crew Cab Dually

I like "Cut & Coach Built" vehicles!

www.musclecardeals.com

Sorry man, but at least you know the truth and this guys true volors came out. You probably saved yourself from more trouble down the line. People like that will always be like that. Again, I'm sorry.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

Quote Originally Posted by freelancenoob View Post
    Apparently I am a no good POS and i'm a horrible friend blah blah blah. Much more colorful wording than that. Told me he would like to see me try and claim the truck and that if he ever sees me on the street again.....

If you are friends with the borrowed vehicles owner, you may want to let him know what Flip is up to.
    -Michael
    '79 Fairmont 5dr 'car guy safe' MM Tech Tips StopTech Brake Bias StopTech White Papers

dude, I'd cut your losses. you dont need a friend like this man!
    - Ed

'85 Capri RS - "1BADMERC" -'00 GT40P motor & heads, Edelbrock RPM/Holley 650, E303 cam, full length BBK ceramics,5spd/flowmaster 2-chambers/373's
    5 Lug conversion, cobra discs on all four corners, 1" drop

My cowl hood thread:

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=131334

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12