Close

Threaded View

Default how to deal with abandoned car

Ok this might be a bit of a rant but tell me what you all would do in this situation. Has to be legal.

About a year ago a buddy of mine blew the transmission in his chevy pickup. At the time he was getting kicked out of his now ex's house and needed a place to put it so he could work on it. So I allowed it to be towed to my house. I have 2 acres so it's not like I am tripping over it. Anyway I went out of my way and bought him the transmission he needed for his truck. He is unemployeed and I figured I'd help him get back on his feet again and just pay me for the trans later when he got a job. I bought the trans a few weeks after the truck showed up at my house. Since then all that has been done was the old trans was taken out. That's it. I've been nice about it and let it go until now. I've asked him repeatedly when is he going to get it running so it can leave my yard. Always some excuse as to why he can't. Or he tells me he will be here a certain day at a certain time and then never shows. He lived in walking distance from my house. Takes him 15 mins to walk here. I have every tool here he would possibly need and I have offered to help him put the new trans in. Still nothing. Today while in town I seen him driving another friend of mines car and he gave me the finger. WTF. Well I want this truck out of my yard. I'm tired of asking for it to go. What can I do? Has to be legal.

I've done everything short of put the transmission in my self for him. It's a 2 wheel drive truck so it should only take 2 hours tops now that the old trans is out. I will not be putting it in for him.
    Last edited by freelancenoob; 07-30-2012 at 02:45 PM.