Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    FEP Senior Member

Good luck with her and keep us posted! BTW have you seen this thread?
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=124724
    Neal

Great looking car. I just picked up my 84 gt turbo last week. Not nearly as nice as yours though. I am also going all stock but down the road intercooled and some turbo work. I was fortunate enough to snatch up an extra turbo with the deal.

i have a ragtop the same year in good running order with the 87mod upgrades theses cars are as good as any new sport coupe it is domestic rice its great do it up and dont over do it keep all orinal parts but do the la3 upgrades and manual boost controler with blow off vavle it will keep you turbo safer and have fun.i feel 16 every time i drive it .i would buy everyon e i could find if i could aford it .anyone can owe a 5.0 !
    I would rather be juged by 12 than carried by 6

UPDATE:

Well, Heres a gallery of pics, including the vin, the engine bay, interior and most exterior angles, and also a bonus pic of my Dachshund.

Enjoy: http://imgur.com/a/8g6dv
    Last edited by Spoolin'; 12-17-2012 at 07:41 PM.

FEP Power Member

I spend most of my time un doing (upgrades) to svo's that take away the dirveability of the car. Just another opinion. Nice car and a rare color.
    Kendal

Wow nice car and great color combo!!! Even still has the under hood insulation Welcome to FEP and the GT Turbo club
    65 Mustang
    77 Mustang
    84 GT Turbo
    85 Mustang Convertible
    86 Mustang LX

That is a super nice and clean ride you have there. I see the windshield has been replaced (a good thing) and it looks like they have bypassed the crappy factory fan controller/relay (a REALLY good thing) and the rest is original. That is a super nice color combo too. I see the heater core is bypassed and that's a pretty cheap job as well. Just takes some labor but not money so you are good there.
    I say that's a keeper.
    I would not paint it at all. I would replace that 1 missing molding and maybe re-do the black on it and just work that paint that is on there. You will be surprised how nice it can be. Very low option wise car too which is desirable to a lot of us. Just intermittant wipers, rear defrost, and AC. I think tilt was standard on the GT but maybe not. No handling suspension, sport seats or power accessories which are usually all broken by now anyway.
    Last edited by homer302; 12-18-2012 at 08:28 AM.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Spoolin': Can you add pics of the door tag, buck tag, build sheet, owner card, etc. to youtr album, or post them in the Production Numbers and Decoding forum? Thanks. Congrats on picking the car up!
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Beautiful car and nice score.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Spoolin': Can you add pics of the door tag, buck tag, build sheet, owner card, etc. to youtr album, or post them in the Production Numbers and Decoding forum? Thanks. Congrats on picking the car up!
    I will get a door tag and owner card pictures when i can, and i'll post them there, thanks!

And yeah it is a wonderful car, i can't wait to get it on the road. It's really a blast to drive, and i look forward to the increased mpg's over my '91. It's already had the cap, rotor, plugs, wires, fuel and air filter done, i plan on doing an injector service and oil change on it the next time i drive it to work. I also need to replace the sway bar bushings, and i'd like to do the engine and trans mounts as well, they feel a bit worn, as do the shifter bushings. Also needs a fuel level sender i assume, the gas gauge is inop.

Also can't forget that damn heater core... One of my dad's friends wants me to replace his in his '88 Thunderbird, w/ A/C of course, as is my '84...
    Last edited by Spoolin'; 12-18-2012 at 06:20 PM.

My girlfriend and I are doing the heater core and sway bar bushings this weekend, since I'll have 4 days off, and I'm finally getting it registered and insured. should have it on the road by Monday!I know it'll pass state, bit I'm nervous about emissions (PA dyno test and all...) hope the cat is still good!

Quote Originally Posted by Spoolin' View Post
    My girlfriend and I are doing the heater core and sway bar bushings this weekend, since I'll have 4 days off, and I'm finally getting it registered and insured. should have it on the road by Monday!I know it'll pass state, bit I'm nervous about emissions (PA dyno test and all...) hope the cat is still good!
    She won't be your girlfriend on Monday if you make her help with that job, LOL.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

haha she offered, and I found a thread here that has a walkthrough of sorts, she's well aware of the headache that awaits me. I think I'll just have her hold the flashlight/ run tools haha.

also, I saw your build thread homer, someone li ked it earlier. absolutely amazing job with that man, I hope mine comes out even half as good

So i got it on the road yesterday, things have been okay, running pretty ****ty every once in a while, but i think it was just bad fuel. i drained all i could siphon out of it by pulling out the filler neck/ lowering the tank, and put in $40 of premium. the gas was STAAALLLEEEE, had to be like 10 yrs+ old... i guess i shoulda flushed the tank out..

Are there any common causes of intermittent rough running on these power trains? i really think that a little bit of old fuel got left in there and contaminated the new fuel i put in.. the only thing is, The last 2 times i drove it, it ran great, stutter slightly under moderate acceleration, but once it warmed up it was spinning like a top. then i let it idle for like 5 minutes and go to pull away, and it starts misfiring its nuts off, and usually dies, sometimes will idle alright, but sputters when i give it gas. sometimes clears up when i restart the car.

also, the throttle got stuck open on the ride home last time i drove it. THAT was fun...
    Last edited by Spoolin'; 12-25-2012 at 10:40 PM.

FEP Member

IF it was 10 years of sitting - GOOD chance the injector tips are "varnished" ! (No amount of new gas or cleaner will remove)

Mark
    P.S. Get a look at the pad under the hood - IF ripped up they can interfere with the linkage.

disasemble and clean, or replace?
    what size are they?

Like everyone else, all I can comment on is my personal experience. My car sat from Nov 1999 to December 24th of 2011. I pulled the tank and sent it to recycling and got a good used tank locally and replaced the pumps and I have never had problem 1 out of it. I mean it runs like a top. It was about half a tank of varnish and gum but I never pulled, cleaned or replaced the injectors. Just ran some Seafoam through it and another bottle of something but only because I wanted to, not because I had to.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

oksy, i guess ill be doing the tank when i can. is it the same as any other fox? i have a guy who chops mustangs for a living, i can probably get a tank very easily.

Im also gonna be doing a fuel filter today, to start.
    Last edited by Spoolin'; 12-26-2012 at 10:58 AM.

if you pull the tank check the sock on the bottom of pump.
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1986 Bronco 351ho
    VP Berks County Mustang Car Club
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2462250

Yeah, im def gonna do that. i have to repair the sender, i have sender for a non efi topaz on the way, im gonna swap the resistor and sock over.

well, i tried washing out the tank, and after about 5 gallons of swishing around a quart of fuel at a time, my back felt like it was gonna break, so i called a friend who located a tank with working sending units out of a running car for $75! Ill be putting that in tomorrow, and hopefully after replacing the rag joint and the ign mod harness tonight, itll be like a new-ish car! well, aside from that sloppy ass shifter...

here's a pic i posted in another thread of the ugly ass harness, because who doesnt like carnage pics:

Busy night. Dropped the tank, attempted to clean it, gave up after 8 or 9 flushes and still getting handfuls of rust. Repaired the ignition module harness, replaced the swaybar bushings, and pulled the steering coupler. gotta rebuild that tomorrow and install the tank, then all thats left is the stupid shifter bushing and inspection!

I See it came from Fred Beans in Doylestown. My Capri came from Haldeman ford in Allentown
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1986 Bronco 351ho
    VP Berks County Mustang Car Club
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2462250

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast