Close

Thread: 93 GT 51k Miles

Default 93 GT 51k Miles

My question is, are there any mods I can do to this car that won't take away from how original it is? I'd really like to add some MM SFC's, and swap the rear end to 4.10's. But this car is so clean and original, I dont want to take away it's originality. Any thoughts?

The Silver paint is starting to and has peeled in a few spots. Repaint or leave as it is and keep it garaged?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Grawg72

86 GT Black, T-Tops, 5 speed, 3.55-1, 4wheel disc brakes. Sold

1993 GT 5sp, 51k original miles

Thumbs up Great color scheme!!

I'd leave her well enough alone. She looks like a true unmolested survivor. Tuck her away & enjoy her in all her 'originality'.
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

If it is totally stock I'd leave it the way it is. Otherwise if its got some mods just do gears (3.73's I think are happy, 4.10's are excessive unless looking to perform a lot on the track...)/maf/throttle body, subframe connectors, exhaust... I think those are tasteful mods that wouldn't be too crazy if you ever wanted to sell to and not take away from the "stock unmolested appeal"... I'd have trouble deciding if I'd want it to stay totally unmolested (I feel it would grow in value pretty good if it is), or go engine modding crazy, or find a happy medium.
    Personally I'm going from hotrodding phase to a mixture of collecting and modding...

This car is a stock as it comes. Stock she stays. I'd post the other pics I have, but they are already in another thread, here is the link.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=135821 .

I'll post more when I bring her home.

Also, I was supposed to take the 86 (now sold) to the road course track next month.

Now that I am race car-less should I take this pristine 93 instead? All opinions appreciated!!
    Grawg72

Looks good! I'd take it to the track just the way it is. Just don't expect NASCAR material!

If it was mine I'd repaint the silver and leave the rest alone and drive it in nice weather only.
    Only original once as they say................

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

Meh I'm one of the ones that enjoys modding a fox for a little more umph. Just keep the stock parts and return it that way when it's time. Look at this way. It keeps the mileage off the stock parts.
    1985 5.0 Coupe - will eventually be hated by Ford purists

So after getting the car up in the air, I discovered the front has been repainted, and the lower support for the front air dam has small bend in it. That makes me think the bumper skin has been replaced, because some of the paint is peelining around the fog lights. As far as modding the car. I am strongly leaning towards Sub Frame Connectors. I also noticed a small crack (less than an 1/8") on the driver A pillar. I know the car will mostly be baby'ed. But there will be times I get on it, its a fox afterall. Then I was also considering a set of good perfomance struts and rear shocks. her ride quality is real soft and floaty.

What do you guys think on adding SFC's and different shocks and struts?
    Grawg72

Quote Originally Posted by Grawg72 View Post
    So after getting the car up in the air, I discovered the front has been repainted, and the lower support for the front air dam has small bend in it. That makes me think the bumper skin has been replaced, because some of the paint is peelining around the fog lights. As far as modding the car. I am strongly leaning towards Sub Frame Connectors. I also noticed a small crack (less than an 1/8") on the driver A pillar. I know the car will mostly be baby'ed. But there will be times I get on it, its a fox afterall. Then I was also considering a set of good perfomance struts and rear shocks. her ride quality is real soft and floaty.

What do you guys think on adding SFC's and different shocks and struts?
    In that case I think I would do those mods too. And I think a rear gear change to 3.73 would help in the oomph area......

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

Sounds like a good candidate to mod, especially with the front end work. Create what you want.

do what makes you happy,
    i would do sfc and a good exhaust,have fun

What did you decide to do?

Regardless if its original (which it isnt from what you have found) you wont really hurt the value as its not a car many people really collect. Doesnt mean its not cool, to find one in that kind of shape that is 19 years old or so is amazing.

Great looking car and if I can say its one of the BEST color combo's they came with.

Mod that puppy!