Quote Originally Posted by mercuryzephyrz7 View Post

Do the rack bushing come out pretty easily? I wasnt sure if they were a pain to remove or not. Les Schwab quotes me $600 for the inner tie rods, rack bishings, and alignment. Hilarious. I don't know how anyone affords to pay people to work on their car.
The early rack bushings have a flanged inner sleeve that rests against the K-member. The stock bushings are removed from the rear of the unit. If they're as warn/loose as you say, they should come out pretty easily. The poly bushes should be 2-piece and install pretty quickly.

I'm trying to remember if I needed to loosen the steering shaft on mine to get the DS bushing tube out (Wasn't enough room to move the rack forward enough to get it out), but I didn't have more than 1.5 hours total in the whole process. The PS one was easy.

For $20 and a little bit of time, you can tackle that. I'd just get a new tie rod and fix that while you're under the car. Less than $50 in parts and a few hours of work you can get rid of the slop in the steering. You can also set your toe with a tape measure in your driveway, and get it pretty darn close.