Close

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Yes they come in 17's.

Weaps:

Thanks very much for the Wheel information.

I will do a Web Search tomorrow when I have time -

Probably going to be off-line for a few days - Job related -

Continue to make progress - You have plenty of Fans and Supporters here at FEP

I'll check back, depending on Job progress, probably late evening Wed East Coast time

Later

Well I'm 99% sure my fuel tank has a leak at the driver's corner where it is pinched together. I have a horse shoe driveway and I drove around it and checked the tank and sure enough it was wet. If it ain't one thing it's another.

You will get it fixed my friend it just one more small pump in the road . Just think how nice of a car you will have when your done

Well I swapped out the fuel tank when I got home from work today. The cobra tank must have cracked from the impact. The is about a 2"-3" crack and fuel came pouring out of it when I tilted the tank in that direction.

I started installing my Mac catback system that came in today as well. I'm hoping to get that finished up tomorrow.

Weaps:

Extremely glad to see that you have eliminated the Fuel Leak situation.

MAC cat back sounds like a great addition.

Mac catback was installed today. I know Mac gets a bad rap a lot, but I'm pretty darn happy with this exhaust system. The true fit cat back design is awesome. Especially when you have to tweak things a little here and there. It makes it a breeze. I love how this car sounds when it takes off.

fuel pressure stays steady now that the gas tank isn't sucking air lol

Here is a short vid of the car idling.

http://youtu.be/jVaNvJ3_tJI

Wow sounds real nice

Weaps:

Very, Very Neat Sound !

That sound should cause those Brand X "Heartbeat" drivers to need a Pacemaker

Has to be a good day when everything , particularly exhaust system components, actually line up and fit nicely.
    Last edited by EJSVO; 03-16-2013 at 01:27 PM.

Thanks gentlemen

how is the car going did you get a chance to do anything to it on the weekend ?

Quote Originally Posted by huck01955 View Post
    how is the car going did you get a chance to do anything to it on the weekend ?
    Sorry. No updates. I had a birthday party Saturday and I had family in from out of town. My parents are flying in from Chicago Thursday, so the car likely won't get worked on for another week.

However, I am dropping the car off Friday at 8am to get an alignment.

Weaps:

Family first !

Absolutely No excuses necessary there - Ever -

In this day and age being a good dad, husband and son is perhaps the most important part of real life.

Because your children will be growing up faster than you realize and Mom and Dad aren't always around time spent together is something very special.

Enjoy your family and friends - Take a break from "turning wrenches"

You have done an Enormous amount of work in an incredibly compressed timeline.

"Project Insanity" is taking a brief "Siesta" in So Cal

Spring is almost upon us and there will be plenty of time for Car building and fun ahead !

Go and have a great start to the Spring vaca week with your family-

Very nice build so far man. Awesome fab work. Will definitely be following this build when it starts back up.

Well I cant say it as good as are friend EJ wish I could say it half as good lol great job EJ and I agree with what your saying I just love to see it coming together . hope you have a good visit with your family

Thanks fellas! This site needs a "thanks" button

Well I've been pretty quiet the last week or so because my parents were in town. I got the car aligned last Friday and she drives nice and straight now. I also installed my Addco tubular front sway bar.

I have also been fighting gremlins all week with my Dad giving me a hand. It was cool having him out there with me, but Mom and Pops had to head home today.

Anyway, I took the car on the freeway for the first time on Wednesday. I drove about 5 miles before the car started over heating. My gauge wasn't working and I was driving without a hood on the car because I was afraid of it flying up since the hood pins aren't in yet.

The car had to limp home stopping and letting the car cool off a few times and keeping the heater on full blast until I made it back. Turns out after all of my hard work I was too lazy to change the thermostat when I had the chance. Swapped it out the next day and now the cooling system is working good. I also swapped out the 2 sensors, but the gauge still doesn't work.

Also the whole time I was trying to limp home the car kept dying out when I would slow down. The next day after changing the thermostat I noticed a tapping noise and tracked it down to the fpr regulator. Turns out the way I had the regulator set up was causing an issue, so I bought an A1000 and the problem is not only fixed, but the car accelerates so much smoother now.

I'm hoping to give the car it's first real test by driving it to work Monday morning next week.

Weaps:

Good to hear father and son turning wrenches together !

Regards your initial foray onto the Freeways -

That is why those first trips out of the driveway are called "Shakedown Cruises"

I can completely relate to the overheating issue.

When I put my "Built & Blueprinted" 289 HiPo in my 1967 Shelby GT 350 back in 1975 it was overheating after only 10 miles. Drove me bonkers - !!

Thought maybe it was something internal . I was checking Head gaskets , Rad hoses , the Radiator, Coolant , looking for leaks the whole deal . Even dropped the Pan to check the mains thinking maybe I had trashed the bottom end.

But the Cause was just so simple - Yet avoidable.

- I made the mistake of not checking the New Thermostat I bought at my local parts store when I picked it up.Counter guy read the wrong Part # and since I was tired and didn't check. It came back to bite me. Big Time

Overheated on the local Expressway ( the East Coast version of your Freeways ) and I had to shut down let it cool and then crawl home.

I spent two days trying to figure out why my New engine was overheating given all my correct cooling system parts. When I finally determined it must be the Thermostat had malfunctioned - Upon removal the problem was obvious. Shame on me for being lazy.

But what the overheating did expose was a Bad Ign Coil which helped explain the intermittent misfiring and shutdown of the engine during the ride home

So the good news is you have found the Gremlins and making more progress.

Very good to hear.

Enjoy the Holiday weekend

Glade to hear you had a good time with your family .And glade your wining with you car no matter how much you go over things some times you just miss the odd thing . Glade you got a chance to drive it soon you will have it 100 %

Thanks guys. Still plucking away at it.

Have you had it back out yet ? the snow is almost completely gone hear one or 2 more days and it should be gone .Just the odd little spot. We are to get some rain in the next day or so it will help clean up the salt they use I would love to get my car out and go for a drive before tag expires

Well I guess I can't complain too much about the hack job someone did on this gauge bezel since it was free. (Thanks Joe). If you look at where the defrost button is the person who initially installed this hacked the hole too big.

Anyway I got my oil pressure and water temp gauges installed today. Test driving it to work Monday morning. Wish me luck lol

Sorry for the blurry cell phone pic.

Pic of the Addco tubular sway bar

I couldn't stand another minute of that hideous green primer, so I murdered it out! lol It will be at least a year before I can afford a paint job, so this was just a quick band aid. It will be easy to touch up until I can get it painted. I may do the front end before the Knottsberry farm show we'll see.

Also the 86 door panel is just temporary until I can modify the sn95 panels. I actually like how the 86 panels look, so if I can come up with a creative way to hide the wiring and make a control panel I may work it out.

All in all it's coming along. I drove the car about 20 miles yesterday with no issues. Temp was around 185* and oil pressure was a solid 80psi when cruising and dropped to 25 or so while at a light.

Wow my friend it looks sweet . I love the dash as well the car looks great and the seat Hope you have fun taking it to work your friends will be drooling all over it so it a good thing you dont have a high dollar paint job

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast