Close

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 86 50CPRI View Post
    simply Beautiful!
    Thanks

I got my exhaust manifolds painted with high temp paint at work today. The painters hook me up and I pay in donuts. They've been eating a lot of donuts

I got the driver's side valve cover on and installed one exhaust manifold.

5.0 motor is out. I finally worked on the car today. A little thanks to Kyle for stopping by and cupping my balls while I worked J/k thanks for stopping by dude. If you weren't there I would have dumped an engine or a tool box on my rough terrain asphalt

Well I did some more work on the car today in the blistering heat. I have to say this is the filthiest piece of **** I've ever worked on. I pulled the dash out an decided that there is no way I'm going to use it. It's cracked just about everywhere there is a screw that goes into it. I was going to try and disconnect all wiring instead of cutting, but the more I looked at the harness the more hack jobs I saw, so to make my life easier I started cutting the **** out. I guess I'm going to end up using the black dash I have for sale. If I have to fab up some brackets so be it.

I also pulled the k member and all of the suspension off the car. Took a bunch of wiring out of the engine bay as well. Next step is to completely strip everything out of the engine bay and clean and paint it. Then I'll start on the hydroboost and wiring.

Well I pretty much finished stripping this thing down. Soon it will be time to build it back up.

I stripped the rest of the behind the dash junk. Heater box, pedal assembly Steering etc. I'm going to pull the carpet back out, so I can run all of the 97 cobra wiring.

I also pulled the remaining wires from the engine bay. I also pulled the fenders off in order to get the crap out that was behind them. There was also about 40lbs of dirt in them and a socket that definitely wasn't mine I'm going to weld in the new core support and then scuff the engine bay and then lay down some paint. Once that is done I'll start on the hydroboost and suspension.

Well my goal for today was to get my core support welded in and I was able to do that.

I started by cutting some strips on the shear at work this morning.

Then I did some trimming on the core support. When I was happy with the measurement I had I drilled some holes in order to plug weld the plates to the inside of the support in order to make it a slip fit.

Once that was done I went over and fit it up on the car.

Drilled some holes on the car side of the support in order to plug weld the new piece in place. Once it was plug welded I zapped it all the way around. I'll grind the welds smooth tomorrow when I get home from work. The engine bay should be primed tomorrow and I should be able to paint it Wednesday.

Nice work!
    putting together a little something special......stay tuned!

92 notch-WIP
    87GT-S Trim,4:10s,AOD=12.70@107
    89vert-sold
    84SVO-WIP
    84 notch-aka-FREAKSHOW
    85GT shell-for sale
    78 Zephyr-WIP
    86 Capri RS-WIP

Finally,the list of fox wants is complete!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGTOP89 View Post
    Nice work!
    Thanks! I should be getting to the fun stuff here real soon.

Last night I scuffed, primed and then "spatter painted" the engine bay.

Today I did some small things that took a while. I had to grind out the holes for the hydroboost and the CC plates, so it took a while , but they are in there. I also got the team Z k member in, but the bolts are loose. I want to take some time to square it, but before I do that I have to grind the head of the stock bolts in order to clear the k member. :rollseyes:

86 50CPRI

wOW!! Awesome progress!

K member is bolted in and A-arms are on. I pretty much have all of the new front suspension in. Strange 10 ways, coil over kit and 175lb springs.

I installed the new Ford Racing proportioning valve and started on the hydroboost lines. I'm not going to do much more on the lines until the motor is in, so I can route them and decide how long to make them.

86 50CPRI

nice!!

nice!!
    Thanks. I think you are the only one interested in this thread, so I'll keep posting my progress for ya lol

Ummm, no he's not! Lol

92 notch-WIP
    89vert-sold
    84SVO-WIP
    84 notch-aka-FREAKSHOW
    85GT shell-for sale
    78 Zephyr-WIP
    86 Capri RS-WIP

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGTOP89 View Post
    Ummm, no he's not! Lol
    Ok. cool sorry

Wow - First Class effort !!

Nicely done at every level

Look forward to more pics.

You should be proud of your craftsmanship !

E. J.

You are Clearly Not Alone here !

Project Insanity is on more than a few "Radars" here.

Keep at it !!!!!

Thanks guys......and I thought no one was paying attention. Sorry I don't have more time to fumble around on the site, but work, school and family take up most of my time these days. Thanks for the motivation.

86 50CPRI

Believe it or not, as I was driving home tonight from work I was thinking about this build. Im putting together a 5.0 for my 'vert, but have a soft spot for these 4V motors. I would love to do this same swap into mine, but for now it will be the 5.0. Perhaps another car..every time I go to Ecology or Pick a part, I see the early MarkVIII's, sitting there....

Believe it or not, as I was driving home tonight from work I was thinking about this build. Im putting together a 5.0 for my 'vert, but have a soft spot for these 4V motors. I would love to do this same swap into mine, but for now it will be the 5.0. Perhaps another car..every time I go to Ecology or Pick a part, I see the early MarkVIII's, sitting there....
    I may eventually convert this to the c heads with a mach 1 / cobra intake. I should have done that, but I already bought the 96 cobra heads complete, so I'll move forward with what I have for now.

Well I've been chipping away at the little things that most of us don't think about. I bought all of the adapters and fittings today that I needed in order for my brake lines to work with the hydroboost. Just have to finish installing that stuff.

In an effort to keep this car as much plug and play with the 97 cobra wiring harness I picked up a few things at the yard last weekend. I grabbed tail light harness for both sides (were supposed to be in the box of 97 wiring I bought ), a SN95 washer reservoir and an SN95 wiper motor with bracket.

The bracket for the SN's are way bigger than the fox, but the arm to connect the motor to the wiper arms is the same. I cut up the fox and SN95 brackets and used parts from both to make my new bracket. Sorry I didn't take before and after pics, but this bracket is actually 3 separate pieces welded back together.

Newly fabbed bracket (I still have to paint it )

Rubber bushings fit perfect

Motor needs to be cleaned, but fits nicely

Cool!

92 notch-WIP
    89vert-sold
    84SVO-WIP
    84 notch-aka-FREAKSHOW
    85GT shell-for sale
    78 Zephyr-WIP
    86 Capri RS-WIP

Very Clean Fab job.

Really terrific work -

Nicely done !

To your point :

It is sometimes the "small stuff" that can make a Huge difference in the outcome of any project. Believe me - I know what I am talking about:

I do Advanced Technology Fuel System project management.

Mess up your work on the Small Stuff and you can likely waste Tens of Thousands of dollars in a nanosecond.

So Never "Sweat the Small Stuff" Master the Small Stuff - Continue to do the absolute Best job you can do with any part or component , regardless of size, and the end results will exceed your expectations. That is what you appear to be doing very well so far.

Keep at it the way you are Going !!

Later:

E. J.

Thanks fellas!

Brake lines are done and wiper motor is mounted. I start school again next week, so the updates will slow down once again until weekends.

Can I get a What What?!

This is just a mock up, so I can make all of my power steering lines and to get some stuff mounted and located. The motor will come back out, so I can route the wires and plug holes on the firewall etc.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast