Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Subscribed.

I'd love to see a bunch of 4 eyes together, some time this weather has to break.

Everybody mark your calendars for Saturday May 11. The Greater KC Mustang club will have their next cruise that night at Bates City BBQ at Shawnee Mission Parkway & Quivira.

We went last night - I think there were only 5 foxes total... and 40 05-up cars. Pretty depressing.
    1986 Saleen #145
    now 50k miles - still 98% original.

I'm all for helping the helpless, but I don't give a rat's ass about the clueless anymore.

Previous: 79 Cobra, 82 GT, 83 GT, 85 Twister, 85.5 SVO, 86 GT, 87 GT, 91 Saleen, etc....

I've gone to that one several times, I would have gone last night, but I somehow missed the date. You saw, exactly what I've seen in the past, few foxes, and fewer ones with 4 eyes. I'd show up just to see your ride.....Damn close to my dream ride.

I'll have to try and make that if im not working

Put it on my calendar. Hopefully will be able to make it!
    Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by 1986Saleen View Post
    Everybody mark your calendars for Saturday May 11. The Greater KC Mustang club will have their next cruise that night at Bates City BBQ at Shawnee Mission Parkway & Quivira.

We went last night - I think there were only 5 foxes total... and 40 05-up cars. Pretty depressing.
    This is great! i must live under a rock, because I never hear about cruises until they are over. We all need to communicate when there is going to be one in the area. It would really help those of us that live under the before-mentioned rocks. I will at least have a chance to make this one, except that I still haven't got my car out of storage yet. Darn weather is just not co-operating.
    1982 Dominator GT
    *1st Dominator ever sold and
    autographed by Jackie Stewart *
    1993 Corvette
    2005 Roush Mustang
    2008 Escape
    (DD)

You Kansas City guys gave some nice foxes. It's one after another in this thread,if it isn't a Dominator it's a Predator, Twister II, Saleen, SVO, Pace Car, or Twister II Dominator! I wish I lived in KC.
    Cheers!

Mike (TopGear85)

Have:
    85 Saleen #73-GT,2R,TuTone,Cruise,Pos,5spd,Charcoal
    ***August 2015 ROTM Winner!***

Had:
    79PC-San Jose #2890
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Sand Beige
    86GT-9L,TuTone,5spd,T-Tops,Charcoal
    90LX-Oxford Wht,5spd,Sunroof,5.0 Hatchback
    90GT-Oxford Wht,5spd

While it's not 100%, here's a pretty good list of area events: http://clubs.hemmings.com/acckc/EventFinder.htm

A couple shows to note - May 19th @ Crossley Ford and June 22 at Olathe Bass Pro.
    Last edited by 1986Saleen; 04-16-2013 at 08:50 AM.
    1986 Saleen #145

I'm all for helping the helpless, but I don't give a rat's ass about the clueless anymore.

Previous: 79 Cobra, 82 GT, 83 GT, 85 Twister, 85.5 SVO, 86 GT, 87 GT, 91 Saleen, etc....

Ill probably be at the one at Crossley Ford

Quote Originally Posted by TopGear86 View Post
    You Kansas City guys gave some nice foxes. It's one after another in this thread,if it isn't a Dominator it's a Predator, Twister II, Saleen, SVO, Pace Car, or Twister II Dominator! I wish I lived in KC.
    Speaking for all the KC guys, thank you very much for the kind words!

Quote Originally Posted by 1986Saleen View Post
    While it's not 100%, here's a pretty good list of area events: http://clubs.hemmings.com/acckc/EventFinder.htm

A couple shows to note - May 19th @ Crossley Ford and June 22 at Olathe Bass Pro.
    Thanks for the link. That will help. We should keep this thread alive, and let each other know which events we are attending, so that maybe we can meet up. I think it would be cool to have a strong showing of four eyes.
    1982 Dominator GT
    *1st Dominator ever sold and
    autographed by Jackie Stewart *
    1993 Corvette
    2005 Roush Mustang
    2008 Escape
    (DD)

Agree. We need to get these cars out and be seen... Then people will notice and just MAYBE decide that four-eyes / foxbodies are a hot commodity!

"Out of sight, out of mind"
    1986 Saleen #145

1986Saleen,or anyone for that matter, I'm just out in Bonner Springs, send me a message if you ever want to go cruise. Our cars would look pretty good going down the road, though mine is a 50/50... and of course not a real 84 Saleen.
    BTW, I'm Adam, and we like Foxbodies.

The black one is my sons, and we are in the process of dropping a motor in it. Hopefully it will be done to make the Bass pro show with all 3. The 88 is a mostly stock 104K mile SSP. I just picked it up a couple months ago, so I will probably have it out more this year.

I will take the red and white ones to the next Bates night.
    83 Mustang GT , A5 5 speed, 31 spline Cobra rear, LMR TRX, 302 11r 190 heads, Buddy Rawls custom cam

86 Capri , 342 stroker , AFR 185 heads, Track Heat intake, 3.73 gears

Yes thanks for the kind words! I do plan to make it up to some shows with the Dominator this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by bull-vette View Post

Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

4eyedfoxdriver! I've seen your 84 - used to drive by it all the time off 134th & Kansas Ave. That would be a sight to see both cars together! We'll have to make that happen.

(I actually live just South of Basehor.)

BTW, If you see/hear of any clean local 5.0's coming up for sale, my son-in-law is looking...
    Last edited by 1986Saleen; 04-17-2013 at 08:00 AM.
    1986 Saleen #145

Quote Originally Posted by bull-vette View Post
    +1
    1986 Saleen #145

That was the guy I bought it from. I drove by it all the time and fell in love with it. I saw it for sale, and thought it had to be out of my price range, so I didn't even stop and look at it. I drove up to Nebraska to look at one, that I wasn't happy with and on the way home decided to look at this one. It turned out to be rougher then I thought from the drive bys, but that put it in my price range. It's got hail damage and rust, but it's also got all the Saleen stuff, 275rwhp and 3.90 gears, so it's a blast to drive. Some day I'll find a donor body and do it up right.

If nothing else has come up let me know when the next Sonic night is out there, and I'll bring it out.

Don't know if he's looking for a 4eyed, but My brother has an 87 GT he's thinking about selling. It's got alot of bolt ons, but the major stuff is all stock, and everything functions good.
    83 Mustang GT , A5 5 speed, 31 spline Cobra rear, LMR TRX, 302 11r 190 heads, Buddy Rawls custom cam

Just a follow-up ---- met Adam today, and my son-in-law bought Adam's brother's 87 GT pictured above. We ended up having a mini 4-eye/foxbody meet in the parking lot.

Here's 3 red-headed 4-eyes and a nice black fox!

1986 Saleen #145

Hey Bob, it was great to meet you today, and your car was probably the nicest 4 eyed I've seen on the road. Can't wait to see some of the other 4 eyes from the area. BTW, the red convertible is for my son who turns 16 next month, it was just picked up last night.

Nice meeting you as well Adam! Eric's been polishing away on the 87 - that black paint is gonna SHINE when he's done. Really nice car - glad we could make the deal work for both parties!

Both 84's have great potential! On the 'vert, I mentioned the Meguairs paint restoration how-to I used on the 86. Here's a link to the article: http://www.autotraderclassics.com/ca...+1-65310.xhtml (SEVEN part article!). Takes a bit of work, but it's the best way to save vintage paint. You'd be amazed at the difference on the black car just after the #7...

Area on right side has #7 applied/removed)

Last edited by 1986Saleen; 04-22-2013 at 07:18 AM.
    1986 Saleen #145

Wow, that's a big difference. It's looking better for sure.

We went ahead and put a coat of nu finish I had here on it and put some conditioner on the top. I figured we could always do more later, but better to do something now.

Supposed to be nice Saturday, for Bates. Anyone else planning on going? We'll get a couple of our's there.

I wont make this weekend because of work but I will have my car at the mustang show at Crossley Ford

The weather sounds good. I plan to be there, and hopefully Eric can bring the 87. Let's all try to park together - I'd suggest the small lot on the southwest corner - straight south of Bates' building, and backs up to Quivira. Let's see if we can fill the west or south side of that lot. I plan to be there fairly early, so just look for the Saleen.

Who else is in?
    1986 Saleen #145

Anybody else??? Saturday's weather sounds perfect! Would be nice to see more than 2-3 Foxbodies show up....
    1986 Saleen #145

I'm moving to the area. Leaving tonight, actually, should be there tomorrow evening. Not bringing my Capri, right now, just the Cobra.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast