Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Now that mustang has an interesting history!
    83 GT w/ T-Tops (JeffCleaned)
    2021 Turbo Blue Audi S5

While doing my Road Roughness meter sensor wire up, I saw a lot more.

Another strange thing...yellow paint splots all over the mechanical parts, and these strange runes under the dash and trunck carpet.

What does it all mean, a 1981 vehicle made earlier?

Last edited by xctasy; 07-04-2012 at 07:41 PM.

Since the 1980 model year ended, and the 1981 model year started, around August/September 1980, that yellow stamping on September 1980 would be right for a 1981 model.

FEP Member

And the yellow on the balljoint is to show it was tightened and "safety clipped".
    Common practice that dates to the fifties !

Seen here it is to show that the oil plug was tight !

ANd hasn't been changed

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Since the 1980 model year ended, and the 1981 model year started, around August/September 1980, that yellow stamping on September 1980 would be right for a 1981 model.
    Quote Originally Posted by xctasy View Post
    Diff is 2.73 OG24 code Sterling non lsd

Chassis has 9 June 1982 stamped on it

So, like the VIN plate, it can be proven by this evidence that the above chassis stamp was a stock item meddled with. It lookes like the 6 9 80 was over stamped with 6 9 82. Got the diff, got the engine, got the buck code.

Got lots to check now.

Does this stuff compute

In addition, some other front clip shot of stampings

But what about this encription code

Is it V1bENTi or Vilenti?
    Last edited by xctasy; 07-07-2012 at 05:33 AM.

Could that rear chassis stamp be 6 9 B2?

The yellow ink stamp is VALENTI.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Could that rear chassis stamp be 6 9 B2?

The yellow ink stamp is VALENTI.
    Hmmm, it sure could be!

What would Valenti be, a dealership or, perhaps, a San Jose prodution line worker?

Is this standard on the factory QC for these models.

I'm certain my options are two buy to Marti reports, and then do an Official Information Act owner search (A New Zealand statutory Bill Of Rights action allowing all previous owner/parties to be protected. allowing me to have the info, but the information not diseminated for public supply unless authorised by previous owners)

And one other question...Forget the roading survey gear in the foreground, but these seat belts (Securon from Amersham Bucks England) are they the standard British market versions. The car could have been prepared by Britains Special Vehicle Engineering?

Last edited by xctasy; 07-08-2012 at 11:10 PM.

Last three characters of buck tag are 99D

Paint code 9D, Polar White like this

Last edited by xctasy; 07-13-2012 at 05:36 AM.

I think VALENTI was a QC checker at San Jose Assembly (SAP).

Don't know where those seat belt buckle receivers came from but they weren't from SAP.

Not sure why the assembly plants double stamped half of the paint code. Dearborn Assembly (DAP) did it too, except it was the second half that was doubled (e.g. 9DD), but not for all paint codes every year.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

I think VALENTI was a QC checker at San Jose Assembly (SAP)
    Valenti did a great job, the car is mint

Don't know where those seat belt buckle receivers came from but they weren't from SAP.
    Cool, and thanks.

Cylinder head, diff and body dates are so different!

0F18 E0BE 6090 BB, stock on my 1981 Mustang

Head was cast on June 18, 1980!

Is it normal for there to be such a stockpile difference between engine, head, diff and body?

I mean, axle was WGG-C, 0G24 = built July 24, 1980
    Last edited by xctasy; 08-24-2012 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang Kid View Post
    Like FoxChassis said, take the front bumper and fenders off. I have hound that it is easiest to take them off as an assembly. 3 bolts on the top of the fenders, a bolt in the door jam, bolt at the bottom of the fender, the wheel wells have to come out, the small support bar inside that is bolted to the edge of the front of the fender needs to come off, 4 bolts on the bottom of the bumper, and 3 bolts that hold supports for the top of tbhe bumper. Just have someone help take it off.

Your car is a neat one for sure. Do you have any more pictures of the car itself?
    Interested to see the buck tag and hidden vin tags. The buck is usually screwed into the radiator support.
    I did a little bit of mea culpa damage three months after the hidden tag and buck code retrieval. Just a note to the wise, head Mustang Kids advice, but also make sure when rebolting it back on, you ensure the backing clasps the bolts go into are secure. I never double checked my sons carefull reassmbly. One day, with the car parked up my steep drive, I couldn't open the door because the near side gaurd had locked the door. Since I had all my computer printer and audit stuff in my passenger seat, and the car was stalled after running out of gas bleeding the engine coolant, I forced the door a little too much.

Result?

Well, it was unfortunate, but resolvable. I guess I was a bit of an a$$ for the situation happening, but I use the car extensively and just didn't under stand the impliactions of a loose front body clip.

I'd be happy if my paint lookes as good after my panel work.

In addtion, the indicator lens was cracked during the partial tilt to gain acess to the hidden vin on the frame rails.

So I gotta factor in a new indicator see arrowed. They have to be sealed an leak free for the half year inspection

Last edited by xctasy; 10-31-2012 at 09:40 PM. Reason: made the picture the standard size instead of thumbnailing it

Vehicle now scrapped. Its official.

Check this out. The page out of the diary of Dean, bad Mustang steward.

Post #346 on page 14

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ay-2015/page14

Dang!

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...urning-JPN-ese

In addition to the ZJ Fairlane tail light inserts
    Attachment 81058

There is an Export fuel filler with OGO2A on it

Attachment 81059

and an SM 7KOA4 fuel cap

There is an EXH lamp below the drivers side air vent, a CA emmissions package, and an O2 sensor

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...-spec-Bcode-I6

The Buck code and VIN plate have been on sold to the new owner...it my be rebuilt in the future by the new owner, but it is officially scrapped.

Buck Code Details

P15BR101037
    BV A H JPN
    L P U 1B
    15R 99D

This car had:-

1.Amber tail light indicators (ex 79-82 Australian Fairlane amber inners and not uncommon as some other Mustangs had them),
    2.JDM front repeater lights (ex Ford Telstar),
    3. Fold back door mirrors (a mix of 80 Thunderbird and 84-87 Lincoln Continental sedan mirrors cut and shut to suit)
    4. EXPORT fuel tank filler and cap

(still early 81 small 47 liter/12.4 US gallon tank though see Post #5 http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...93#post1774393)

5. An aftermarket O2 sensor and red tell tail light on the pre cat/primary light off cat.
    As above http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...urning-JPN-ese and http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...93#post1774393)

6. Just the normal Regular Production Options for 1981 3.3 B code

A/C,
    Light group,
    P/S,
    heavy duty alt
    pushbutton Philco AM/FM radio
    Pewter vinal uppolstery with Herring or Polar white paint "99D"
    TRX 190/65/HR 390 tires and alloy wheels but no rear anti roll bar
    Secondary AIR as per CA emissions
    Had stock Fox body primary light off catalyst E1 BE 211 ( replacement is Catco #66991 )
    ( See http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...-spec-Bcode-I6 )
    High Mount Blue 3.3
    French Bordeux C3 "BV" code trans
    6.7 Sterling axle with 2.73:1 gears
    Other standard check marks stock yellow QC check marks, Sept 1980 under dash, checker name VALENTI in trunk floor
    JDM markings/Stickers in Japanese script on rocker cover, fuel tank, tamper proof air cleaner seal,

7. Had been messed with insofar as the VIN number was not a 1981 3.3 Hatches, but everything else matched.
    8. Had dual exhaust (non standard y piece to clear the rear brake line without touching it).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12