Close

Threaded View

Default Weird VIN, strange rego fun and games

ITZOLD, my Mustang should be a notchback but its a hatchback, coded as a P10 on the vin number as a Notch.

I've run a New Zealand CARJAM report on ITZOLD to secure it perported history.

"The vehicle has been re-registered — de-registered in the past and then registered again.
    Odometer readings are inconsistent and jump backwards sometimes. Possible reasons could include: entry error at an inspection time or border check, or around the clock, or a wound-back odometer. Odometer readings are incorrect? You maybe able to fix it".

The original US Market www.getvin.com report I ran showed vin1FABP10B4CF109967 was an Original order Oct 28 1981, no concers, but no km history, it was exported to Japan but no reference to this.

Neither show up any problems, although it lookes like someone tried to convert the odometers km reading into milesduring one bi annual inspection.

I have a 1982 VIN 1FABP10B4CF109967 Mustang, but it is wrongly registered as a 1983 ex Japanese Domestic Market (JDM) car.

It was built in Dearborn. Since 1990, its been in New Zealand (that funny group of islands below Tasmania, Australia).( Its full of JDM stuff, the Special Vehicle Engineering fold back door mirrors seen on British and German , Dutch and French market Mustangs, speed chimes that kick in at 100 km/h on the Canadian speedo, front repeater lights, yellow inspection paint on all the chassis bolts, grey stickers in Japanese on the fuel filler, valve cover and other areas. Std rear window wiper, tilt wheel, power steering windows and brakes, intermittent wipe, AM/FM stereo, laminated glass, rear window heater, heavy duty battery and TRX wheels and tires).

Engine is BR101037, but again the NZ rego authorities have made a mistake, and its on the rego papers as BR101031

Detail is Stamp2, DateO116Y, Small Code 2J213, Engine No BR101037

See

Diff is 2.73 OG24 code Sterling non lsd

Chassis has 9 June 1982 stamped on it

The NZ registration also makes a claim that the body is permantly punched with M11B10133FJ

Trans is a C3, which should be a C code I guess.

I don't know for sure, because I haven't extracted the Buck tags yet as I might have to disassemble the parts in the way of the drivers side light housing. The door post tag is gone, I've not found the build sheet.
    Last edited by xctasy; 06-18-2012 at 12:25 AM. Reason: thumbnail wouldn't allow full size pictures, and 21213 is in fact 2J213