Close

Default springs wont let go

Is it common for the front springs to be rusted to the a arm. I have sprayed PB Blast on them for two day.

Yes. I had to soak mine for a couple weeks. Don't be surprized when the spring comes out broken at the bottom.
    1984 SVO - .63 T3/T4, NPR, LA3, Boport 1.5
    1984 GT - 306

is PB Blast ok or is there a more powerful rust inhibitor on the market?

Thats what I used. Maybe try tapping them with a 5# hammer or even heat. I wasnt' in a rush on mine. I just hit them with spray everytime I walked by them.
    1984 SVO - .63 T3/T4, NPR, LA3, Boport 1.5
    1984 GT - 306

I use Aerokroil. Some NAPA 's have it, but you can get it from them mfr' directly @ www.kanolabs.com

hit them with a BFH and a pry bar, they will come out
    stock 00 explorer 5.0 with 120k,comp XE274HR cam Edelbrock preformer air,fms shorty headers,x pipe and 40 series,under drive pullies, fresh t-5,king cobra 10.5 clutch,Hurst short throw shifter,fms alumin drive shaft, bbk frame conectors, 8.8 4;10 , MM camber caster plates, MM XD ADJ lower control arms

Quote Originally Posted by GIXER7502006 View Post
    hit them with a BFH and a pry bar, they will come out
    +1. That's what we had to do on my buddys 88 LX.....

Justin
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 CFI/AOD (originally)
    Now: 306, AFR 185s, Edelbrock Victor Jr. 302 Intake, Pro-Systems 4150HP, FTI/Ed Curtis custom cam, 170amp large case 3G Alternator, PA AOD with Silverfox SPT-MAC valve body, 3500rpm Stall, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, MM C/C plates, Tokico HP's, MM full length SFC's, SN95 Cobra brakes front and rear, 31 spline Fox length 8.8" with 4.10's, MM rear lowers and FRPP uppers, a few other MM suspension goodies, Jet Hot ceramic coated FRPP shorties, Pypes X-pipe, SpinTech Pro Streets and some other go fast parts.

1984 Mustang LX 5.0 4bbl/T5 (Sold)

LS swaps are the hair implants of the car world. Sure the owner is proud, but everyone else is laughing.

Got the spring out held it with one hand a took the air chisel around the bottom till it popped.

big breaker bar, lots of cool words that can't be repeted outside of the garage.

Is there anybody in the st.louis area that would like to sell their MM Spring Installation Tool?

not to bust on this thread but when you put the new ones in what if the spring doesnt sit exactly in the lowest part of the arm perch. Will it settle in after a few rides?