Close

Default Wheel Help... Again.. 18" Saleen's This Time

I am lookin to get some 18" Saleens now. Mainly because i would spend $1,100 - $1,300 depending on the spacers needed when i buy new 4 lug rims and tires, but now i can get a set of 5 lug rims with tires for 300-550 depending on what I want plus $300 ish for the conversion pieces. Someone I know has a whole 5 lug swap w/ sn95 parts and rear end and what not.

I found a set of Saleen wheels (http://stlouis.craigslist.org/pts/2895190737.html) that have an asking price of $400 on them. I would say these rims look the best for a coupe so theyd be my first choice.
    The guy sellin the wheels says theyre 18/9 and 18/10. They have 245/45/18s for the front and 285/30/18's on back. I know I will have troubles fitting them in there, my 265's were close to my exhaust, i need to move that still... But, anyone here fit these rims with thsi large of a rear tire on a musatng? The front tires dont worry me too much, just rear and fitment w/ stock suspension setup. After looking around, it seems that theyre 24mm offset. Would a 24mm offset on a 18/10 and 18/9 be okay to run with sn95 parts?
    1986 Mustang GT T-Top 105k Miles. Grey Int. H/C/I 306 (Afr 185, RPM II Intake, X-303)

Let's admit it, Fox's are an addiction.

I got a set of 18" fr500 on mine and they fit fine the front will need rack limiters and the rears clear everything fine maybe the exhaust will be close if you are running 2-1/2". You will have to remove the quad shock or flip them. You may also have to roll your fenders. Hope this helps.
    85 Capri-408w afr205 heads demon carb 3.73 t5 18" fr500's Mach 1 brakes, aje k-member eibach springs shock struts sway bars, autometer in dash gauges
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=124386

I just read your last question. You will have to have a fox length axles with the back spacing or they will stick out. Get ranger axles and cut and flip the bracket bracket. It's cheap and easy.
    85 Capri-408w afr205 heads demon carb 3.73 t5 18" fr500's Mach 1 brakes, aje k-member eibach springs shock struts sway bars, autometer in dash gauges
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=124386

With the one wheel bent, I think I would keep on the search... They are used and unless you could ride in the car and tell how they feel, I wouldn't... And hey from another StL stanger.

Chad
    four 5 Customs - Custom Upholstery StL

85 Hatch 5oh EFI transplant
    93 LX Vert.... Deceased

I'm running FR500's, 18x9 with 275/35ZR18 on the front and 18x10 with 285/35ZR18 on the rear. Plenty of clearance on the inside, I've got a good inch and a half between the exhaust and the tire, and it fills the wheel well nicely on the outside. You WILL need to roll the fender lip, especially if your car is lowered.

I do have 2.5" exhaust, but I fabbed up my own system, so that could be the reason I have a lot of clearance. I'm using Ranger axles and stock drum brakes in the rear, 99-04 spindles/calipers/rotors in the front.

Thanks for the help everyone.Totally decided against those. I may go with some Polished Bullit lookin wheels, 17's. Still searching.. But, Rob, I have 3" exhaust that isnt even on each side, whoever did it was a lazy son of a b****. With my Welds with 265's, I could BARELY fit my index finger between the drive side exhaust pipe and tire. I may just run dumps. I need to replace my muffs anyway and so some exhaust work, so maybe I will just do that. Who knows. For now, I am still looking around for wheels and what not and have to wait a few more days to get everything so my mind wont be made up yet lol

Really diggin those FR500's on your car though!
    1986 Mustang GT T-Top 105k Miles. Grey Int. H/C/I 306 (Afr 185, RPM II Intake, X-303)

Let's admit it, Fox's are an addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick84'GT View Post
    Thanks for the help everyone.Totally decided against those. I may go with some Polished Bullit lookin wheels, 17's. Still searching.. But, Rob, I have 3" exhaust that isnt even on each side, whoever did it was a lazy son of a b****. With my Welds with 265's, I could BARELY fit my index finger between the drive side exhaust pipe and tire. I may just run dumps. I need to replace my muffs anyway and so some exhaust work, so maybe I will just do that. Who knows. For now, I am still looking around for wheels and what not and have to wait a few more days to get everything so my mind wont be made up yet lol

Really diggin those FR500's on your car though!
    Sucks about your exhaust. I spent most of an afternoon cutting, fitting, tacking, and welding, to get mine exactly how I wanted it. It helps that I went with the Dynomax race bullets, so I could position the muffler pretty much however I wanted to, to get the angles I needed.

Thanks for the compliment. I thought long and hard about what wheels I wanted, and eventually ended up with those. First ever brand new set of wheels. I enjoy posting pictures of it, because right now I'm 1262 miles away from it