Hey guys & gals. I was wondering if any of you know the correct sizing for Weld Draglites on the front of a 1989 Mustang LX. Currently, I have the 15" x 3.5" "Skinny" rims on the front with 155-80-15 B.F. Goodrich Radial T/A's.

This combination is not ideal for daily driving and the tires don't last long at all. I'm sure this is because these tires were designed for the older Volkswagon Beetles and they're not designed to handle the weight of a V-8 powerplant nor the flexing of the aluminum Draglites, which are not as strong as steel wheels. As a result, the inner & outer edges of the tires are worn through and the inside sidewalls are delaminating from the inner membrane. This is after only 18,000 miles on them!

I now want to sell these rims and purchase the correct rims and tires. I've tried to install my 15" x 7" Weld Draglites from my Cobra but with the 4.5" backspacing, they would not clear the caliper of the larger 11" brakes that are on the '89.

So, I need to know which size Draglites I need to order. I would like either a 15" x 7" or a 15" x 8" but I'm not too sure on the backspacing for either. If any of you know what size will work, please chime in. Also, I'll need tire sizing for the rim as well and I don't want any rubbing!

Thanks,