Close

Default 1986 ASC Mclaren EuroCoupe

1986 ASC Mclaren EuroCoupe. This is a late car. The car is for the most part as I bought it. Other than the beating it took from thieves in storage and I have located a ASC Mclaren wing,86 hatch and different front bumper cover for the car. I also will include a hood that I was told was bought from ASC Mclaren that was some sort of R+D hood, it is cut different by the scoops possible for some sort of scoop set up. The engine is just sitting in the bay. Gas tank is out, but included. The car was bought for it's wheels, then was being parted out. So I guess I saved it. Overall the body is solid with some surface rust. Please serious buyers please call 269-929-3350. $1250.00

David
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by svt1996cobra; 04-24-2012 at 07:00 PM.

Default more pics

There are dents in the roof, a big dent in both 1/4's this would need to be a labor of love! ASC Tags still in place. But hey it's 1 of 47!

David

P.S Buyer would agree they are going to restore and not part out the car, I would have first buy back option at fair market value established by the people of this board.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by svt1996cobra; 04-24-2012 at 08:21 PM.

Default ASC

Quote Originally Posted by svt1996cobra View Post
    There is dents on the roof, a big dent in both 1/4's this would need to be a labor of love! ASC Tags still in place. But hey it's 1 of 47!

David

P.s Buy would agree they are going to restore and not part out the car, I would have first buy back option at fair market value established by the people of this board.
    Judging by the body stripe, your car is not a Eurocoupe but instead the Full Package model. Eurocoupes only received a 1/8" stripe located on the body molding. Is there a plaque on the dash? You can post the VIN over at the ASC McLaren website and either Mike or Sandy could verify the car. GLWS

Best Regards,
    Jim
    1986 ASC McLaren EuroCoupe #19 of 47
    1979 Mercury Capri Ghia 302/C4

Quote Originally Posted by mustangjim View Post
    Judging by the body stripe, your car is not a Eurocoupe but instead the Full Package model. Eurocoupes only received a 1/8" stripe located on the body molding. Is there a plaque on the dash? You can post the VIN over at the ASC McLaren website and either Mike or Sandy could verify the car. GLWS

Best Regards,
    Jim
    Jim,

Thanks for the input. This is one of the cars assembled at Northetowne L-M, the cars were sent directly to Northetowne from Ford (as ASC would have ordered the car, thus having the ASC tag) then Northetowne assembled the cars. Mclaren recorded the vins as ASC cars. Most the Northetowne EuroCoupes came with full package seats as they were left overs from the full package cars. From that point the cars included for the most part whatever the end user wanted or didn't want.

David

David,

I see that it has been a while since this car has been posted on...still have it around??? Looking through numbers and everything posted about these McLaren's someone really needs to save this car before it becomes part of a scrap heap or so rusted that it cannot be fixed. Let me know if you still have it and maybe something can be worked out. My dad lives in ohio and I get there pretty often.

thanks,

Adam
    84 lx convertible - 306 w/auto...moderate motor build completed June 2013
    93 lx - Sold
    In search of a CC or BM project that isn't rusted out...need a Capri!!!

Daily Drivers
    04 Mazda 6 Sport
    12 F-250 XL w/CC and 6.2L

Quote Originally Posted by 84lx351w View Post
    David,

I see that it has been a while since this car has been posted on...still have it around??? Looking through numbers and everything posted about these McLaren's someone really needs to save this car before it becomes part of a scrap heap or so rusted that it cannot be fixed. Let me know if you still have it and maybe something can be worked out. My dad lives in ohio and I get there pretty often.

thanks,

Adam
    Adam,

I still have the car. It isn't going to go to the scrap heap I promise. I would happy to place the car with someone that would like to fix it up!

Give me a call!

David

pm'd ya!
    84 lx convertible - 306 w/auto...moderate motor build completed June 2013
    93 lx - Sold
    In search of a CC or BM project that isn't rusted out...need a Capri!!!

Daily Drivers
    04 Mazda 6 Sport
    12 F-250 XL w/CC and 6.2L

I am willing to work with someone that would plan to restore the car. Give me a call.

269-929-3350

David

How's the interior? More/better pics of dents please. Is the spoiler in the pic the one that's included or is there another one? Do you have the tail lights?

Automatic/5-speed? Do you have ANY idea on what will it take to get it running? When was the last time it ran?

Oh what about the ascMcLaren specific quarter window treatments? Do you have those?

Thanks

Default Mclaren

Quote Originally Posted by n20capri View Post
    How's the interior? More/better pics of dents please. Is the spoiler in the pic the one that's included or is there another one? Do you have the tail lights?

Automatic/5-speed? Do you have ANY idea on what will it take to get it running? When was the last time it ran?

Oh what about the ascMcLaren specific quarter window treatments? Do you have those?

Thanks
    The interior is rough, dash pad missing, seats are in poor shape, carpet would need to be replaced.

The car was a 5 speed, it is a EuroCoupe. The car was being parted out and they hacked up the engine bay looms. I have no idea when it last ran.

It was built at Towne L-M so it never saw the Mclaren plant. It never was equiped with the window treatment.

if you are interested, please give me a call.

David

Photobucket pictures of the car.

http://s1169.photobucket.com/albums/...ASC%20Mclaren/

David

PRICE DROP. For the car only, no front bumper or Mclaren wing. 700.00

David

Default mclaren

Guys, I hate to, but it looks like I may throw this on eBay (not that I will have better results). If interested contact me before Sunday.

Thanks,

David

Still would like to place this car with a FEP fan! Car has a clear Michigan title in my name.

David
    Last edited by svt1996cobra; 04-12-2013 at 01:11 PM.

SOLD!!!

Thanks FEP

David