Close

Exclamation RACERXMD's Rear SN95 SWAP!

Finally got around to beginning my SN95 rear disc swap on my '86 GT. I used the North Racecar caliper brackets. I went with the SN95 swap because I have the Moser c-clip eliminators with my 33-spline axles and wanted to keep a park brake feature. Only down side is the brackets make the wheels stick out an additional 1/4". But since I have my top of the wheel openings rolled over, shouldn't be a problem. I am using the 275x60x15s M/T Drag Radials with my 15x10s with 6 1/2" Back Spacing Billet Specialties Wheels. I currently have the rear drag springs with air bag on right rear. I still need to buy the rear calipers for a '95 Mustang and the pins,boot etc. I got the North Racecars emergency brake cables also to make the set up work correctly. Looking to change my rear springs to stock springs with one coil removed. Here are some pics for you:
    Last edited by racerxmd; 04-18-2012 at 07:14 PM.

FEP Super Member

what rear springs do you currently have in it?
    71 Dodge Demon Green/Blk big turbo slant 6 in progress
    83 GT Red/Blk HCI 306/ 3550/ 4.30 8.8
    93 LX Reef Blue/ Grey stock bolts on's/ T5/ 3.55 8.8
    page 1 of my 83 GT build thread
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=85989

93 LX build thread
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...73#post1569973

Talking

I think they are the Laurel Mountain Mustang Drag Spring kit (yellow coil springs). Also last 4 pics are from North Racecar. I went with the slotted/drilled rotors.http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=C...ke+performance

NICE !!!!

That is one thing i have considered for my 83 but currently weighing the options
    1982 TTOP GT-under construction
    1983 Mustang T-top Dominator- black/Black
    85 Gt vert . canyon red/red- Rust heaven
    1982 T-top- Yellow/black
    1984 Turbo GT- Grey/grey

I HATE MUSTANGS !!-
    THE BOSS IS BACK

how did you setup the ebrake cable. I have the same rear end but whoever put it in before I got the car just cut the cables.
    1986 mustang coupe 351w svo intake same as performer, hei dizzy, edelbrock performer cam, gear drive, WC t-5, pro 5.0 shifter, aluminum driveshaft, sn95 8.8 w/373's, weld wheels.

1989 Mustang coupe. 87 non HO 302 performer intake 600 holley carb, fms shortys, 94 gt catted hpipe and tailpipes no mufflers. aod, 8 point cage. awaiting a mild gt40 block and paint

1994 Ranger. 97 exploder block and heads, 4 barrel intake holley 600 carb, 89 f150 5 speed, 3:45s out back.

Talking

Spoke to North Racecars and was told that I need to use their Emergency Park Cable for it to work correctly. I have not gotten to that part of the install yet.Still need to buy the calipers and then finish the install.

Question

So after doing the North Race car Bracket install with my c-clip eliminator. I am Not Happy with the Results. Yes, they will work. But, they also move the wheels out too much for my liking. I am removing those brackets ( will be selling them) and install the Stock SN95 Brackets on the inside of the housing flanges. What is the preferred way to cut the SN95 Brackets? Is it Best/Easiest to cut them on a angle forward and only have 3- mounting points or do the cut straight down and have 4- mounting points? Here are two pics I found. Which would you do?
    Last edited by racerxmd; 05-17-2012 at 05:41 PM.

Anybody ever cut them straight down? I thought about doing that too. I'd rather lose a dust shield mount than an axle mount.

BTW - your 2nd and 3rd photos are not showing up.
    - Ed

'85 Capri RS - "1BADMERC" -'00 GT40P motor & heads, Edelbrock RPM/Holley 650, E303 cam, full length BBK ceramics,5spd/flowmaster 2-chambers/373's
    5 Lug conversion, cobra discs on all four corners, 1" drop

My cowl hood thread:

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=131334

Talking

That is what I did. I cut the bracket towards the bottom. Made sure I had 2 3/4" between cuts. I also cut my backing plate so I could reuse my axle flange area's on them for my c-clip eliminator to work correct. If not, then there would be a 1/8" gap between clip eliminators and axle flanges.
    Last edited by racerxmd; 05-17-2012 at 05:46 PM.

Cool. I'm copying your cut on the bracket. any issue with mounting the dust sheild now?

Great idea on the C-clip shim too!
    - Ed

'85 Capri RS - "1BADMERC" -'00 GT40P motor & heads, Edelbrock RPM/Holley 650, E303 cam, full length BBK ceramics,5spd/flowmaster 2-chambers/373's
    5 Lug conversion, cobra discs on all four corners, 1" drop

My cowl hood thread:

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=131334

Talking

I did not install the Dust Shield or the Anti-Moan Brackets. But I don't think it would be any issue on the Dust Shields other then maybe tack welding back the cut pieces of the flange brackets back on. Maybe, 2-mounting points for the dust Shields is enough?