Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by jtjohn03 View Post
    Anynody ever run a proline brand wheel? They're cheapy ones($99) from pepboys. I like the looks of them but the only width they have on the wheel im lookin at is 7.5in how badly would this limit my tire selection. I'll probably wanna go wider when i have to buy new ones. Also would this width look funny under the car? Im running a 8in wide weld with a really wrong offset so im not sure how they should look with the right offset. Thanks again.
    Are you sure those arent front wheel drive offset. Usually when 7 or 7.5 is the widest they go its because they are front wheel drive offset.
    2013 Focus ST3 2.0 turbo 6 speed

85 LTD, 90k miles, 3.8/c5,For sale... Or restomod if it doesn't sell

87 Conquest TSI widebody 2.6 Turbo/5speed, also maybe for sale

94 Tempo 3.0v6/5speed 92 GLS clone project

90 gmc sierra 2wd short box. 73k showroom condition, fender flares, 31" BFG All terrain. 350ci 4.10 gear

Quote Originally Posted by 82CapriRS View Post
    Sorry!

I saw the wheel spacers (look to be about 1 1/4") and assumed, because of the width, it was Fox components behind them.

So... without taking the wheels off, what's the easiest way to I.D the spindles?

Can you post pics?

Thanks,
    Jim P.
    If the spacers are 1 1/4" then it's almost certain there are Fox components under the car. With a picture of the front caliper, I could probably tell you if it's a Fox or Sn95. If the rear is drum then it's a Fox most likely. All Sn95's are rear disc.

Quote Originally Posted by jtjohn03 View Post
    Anynody ever run a proline brand wheel? They're cheapy ones($99) from pepboys. I like the looks of them but the only width they have on the wheel im lookin at is 7.5in how badly would this limit my tire selection. I'll probably wanna go wider when i have to buy new ones. Also would this width look funny under the car? Im running a 8in wide weld with a really wrong offset so im not sure how they should look with the right offset. Thanks again.
    The stock wheel for most GT's were 7" so 7.5" is a bit bigger, but you will limit your tire choices. The big question on the Proline wheels is what are the offsets offered in your bolt pattern. The odds are they are FWD wheels, but depending on the offset will determine if they will fit your Fox.

Just for reference LRS and others sell wheels that will definitely fit your Fox, look great, and are pretty inexpensive too.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...Mustang-Wheels

Trey
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller