Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: my 79 cobra

Got the car back from the welder today. Had the drivers back floor repaired and front area where tranny mounts were cutout. Also the area around the sunroof that was rusted away. Now I can concentrate on installing the new carpet, headliner and repairing the dash pad.

Finally had a chance to get the carpet installed. Was not able to find a Vaquero ( Russet) color carpet, so installed Maple. Turned out well! Now have to figure out how to load pictures from the new camera and post them! Old dog, new tricks! Also disassembled front seats and found the frames so rusted will probably not be able to salvage. Have the houndstooth fabric and vinyl to make new covers and will probably use the lowback bucket seats from an 81 coupe. The 5 speed is working great. Replaced the speedo drive gear and now speedo is spot on. And best of all, I am back on the road!

Quote Originally Posted by neald View Post
    Thats cool. I think you will be in good shape then. Keep us posted
    With the T5 tranny in the car now and road checked in 5th gear at a "WEE BIT" above 70 mph, the tach was running just below 3000 rpms! Had to hold it down, cause exceeding the speed limit is wrong, and admitting it is "wronger"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234