Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default fill in missing door tag & buck tag info

Seeing if I can get some help from Saleen owners to fill in missing door tag and buck tag data in the database that I have been building. I have no or limited info on most of them. Images of the tags are always better than typed out codes but do what you can. Blank out the VIN if you want. I'm looking for more than just the door and buck tags. I am also looking for build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, axle tags, mileage, factory options, ebay/CL history (dates & selling prices), etc.

http://foxchassis.com/vcldata/Saleen/Saleen.xlsx

Also looking for info on the three '84s. I know...tall order.

Thanks.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 12-04-2012 at 09:42 AM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

You should PM vintageracer to help you out. I'm pretty sure he has an EXTENSIVE list of Saleen info that he has been logging as well. Not sure if he is tracking all the VIN & Bucktag info, but I know he tracks the mileage and ebay/CL information.

.....disregard, it is '85 #116 that I am close to.....

You should also PM tbrodzeller as he is the owner of '85 #127 that just went through a painstaiking three year ground up restoration here in Indy.

I'll send the SCOA boys that browse over here to this post to help with any of the cars they own or are close to.
    Last edited by sowaxeman; 04-13-2012 at 05:58 AM.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

I've got 86 #22 Saleen Let me know what you need and I'll get it
    OR maybe you have info that I don't have!
    Last edited by 1986_302#22; 04-13-2012 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sowaxeman View Post
    You should PM vintageracer to help you out. I'm pretty sure he has an EXTENSIVE list of Saleen info that he has been logging as well. Not sure if he is tracking all the VIN & Bucktag info, but I know he tracks the mileage and ebay/CL information.

.....disregard, it is '85 #116 that I am close to.....

You should also PM tbrodzeller as he is the owner of '85 #127 that just went through a painstaiking three year ground up restoration here in Indy.

I'll send the SCOA boys that browse over here to this post to help with any of the cars they own or are close to.
    I have seen the picture page that vintageracer has on the web. All door tag info has been copied into the database. I will contact him and see if he has any more info. Good tip.

I will also contact tbodzeller about 85-0127.

I'm (relatively new) on SCOA. Might post in the thread your started.

Thanks!
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by 1986_302#22 View Post
    I've got 86 #22 Saleen Let me know what you need and I'll get it
    OR maybe you have info that I don't have!
    I do not have any info on 86 #22. Don't even know the VIN. I'm assuming it's in the same batch of consecutive VINs that 86 #21 #24 #25 and #26 are, and maybe others. I know the DSO for three of those four (don't know 86 #24) are the same; 71-0004. That consecutive batch of VINs runs from ***021 through ***045 (25 total). I didn't put 86 #26 in the list because I have the door tag and buck tag.

What I'm looking for is images of:

sticker on driver door
    buck tag on radiator core support
    factory build sheet (sometimes found under carpet, behind interior panels, etc.)
    owner card /w metal tag attached
    original or repro window sticker
    original invoice (or eminger invoice if available)
    axle tag
    "build sheet" from Ford customer relationship center

VIN
    mileage
    factory options (most are indicated on door tag and or buck tag)
    listing and or sales history (venue of sale, date, location, selling price)
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

I was a former owner of 1985-#115.

I have photos of the door tag, buck tag, rear axle tag, and I even believe one of the build sheet that traveled down the line with her.

Should I email them to you, or post them up in this thread?

Been awhile since I posted here, and I apologize for this. Sowaxeman has a thread over on our SCOA forum so I thought I would take a look.
    Take care,
    Mark

1985 Saleen #115 T-Top-SOLD
    1989 Saleen Convertible #080
    2002 Saleen S281 SC Convertible #664
    Saleen Club of America-North Central Region Director
    Saleen Club of America-General Store Manager

Only item I have from 1985 #115 is the door tag. You can post everything you have here if you want or you can email it all to me (PM me for my address). Whichever is easier. Thanks.

85-0115 is within a batch of 24 consecutive VINs (***393 through ***416). Also in that batch is 85-0111 and 85-0131. There may be others.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Senior Member

Hey Fox, I owned 86-120 and can get you most of the info for it. Unfortunately I do not have any pics of the buck tags or vin tags but I do have some of it documented. I'll see what I can find and shoot it over to you.

As far as the three 84's go, they are owned by Stu Akers of which many over at the SCOA know personally. He may be willing to provide the last 6 digits for this database.
    1986 (2A) Saleen #120.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    I'm (relatively new) on SCOA.
    Me too...but, I joined because of my obsession over the '84-'86 Saleen Mustangs. I lurked for some time especially during the restoration of '85 #127...what a beautiful job! They say nice things over there at SCOA about FEP. Nice to see the members of these two web sites eagerly cooperating on this effort. Nice job fellas!
    1985 Mustang GT, owned since 1989
    2000 Expedition XLT 219k miles
    2011 Expedition XLT

Quote Originally Posted by svo85 View Post
    Hey Fox, I owned 86-120 and can get you most of the info for it. Unfortunately I do not have any pics of the buck tags or vin tags but I do have some of it documented. I'll see what I can find and shoot it over to you.

As far as the three 84's go, they are owned by Stu Akers of which many over at the SCOA know personally. He may be willing to provide the last 6 digits for this database.
    I don't have access to the database right at this moment so I don't know what I have on 86-0120. It is within a batch of seven consecutive VINs (***315 through ***321). 86-0119 and 86-0121 are also in that batch. Maybe others as well.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

SINCE MY CAR IS SUCH AN ODDBALL IS IT SAFE TO ASSUME IT IS NOT IN A SERIES OF VIN #S OR? PLEASE LET ME KNOW FOX. THANK YOU AGAIN. DID I GIVE YOU INFO ON BOTH PREDATORS?
    HARVESTER OF EYES

DAMN IT! LET THE RABBITS WEAR GLASSES, SAID THE CRIES OF THE CARROT.
    YOU SHOULD NEVER SMOKE IN PAJAMAS, YOU COULD CATCH ON FIRE AND BURN YOUR FACE.

Quote Originally Posted by PIGBOY View Post
    SINCE MY CAR IS SUCH AN ODDBALL IS IT SAFE TO ASSUME IT IS NOT IN A SERIES OF VIN #S OR? PLEASE LET ME KNOW FOX. THANK YOU AGAIN. DID I GIVE YOU INFO ON BOTH PREDATORS?
    Yours is actually within a batch of 14 consecutive VINs (***049 through ***062). The first eight are hatchbacks. The last six are convertibles. Yours is the only one I know of in that batch. Might be others though.

I'll have to get back to the database to see what I have on the Predators.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 04-14-2012 at 03:08 AM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

My brother has 86-138. I'll try to get him to send info to you.
    86 Mustang GT T Top 2A 20k miles
    95 Toyota FZJ80 Landcruiser triple locked expedition rig
    87 Saleen sold
    84 GT350 #1808 Sold
    86 GT Sold brother has it.

I don't have access to the database right at this moment so I don't know what I have on 86-0120. It is within a batch of seven consecutive VINs (***315 through ***321). 86-0119 and 86-0121 are also in that batch. Maybe others as well.
    Checked the database and all I have on 86-0120 is the build sheet.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

DID I GIVE YOU INFO ON BOTH PREDATORS?
    Yes, you did send me the door tag and buck tag from both.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

I do not have any info on 86 #22. Don't even know the VIN. I'm assuming it's in the same batch of consecutive VINs that 86 #21 #24 #25 and #26 are, and maybe others. I know the DSO for three of those four (don't know 86 #24) are the same; 71-0004. That consecutive batch of VINs runs from ***021 through ***045 (25 total). I didn't put 86 #26 in the list because I have the door tag and buck tag.

What I'm looking for is images of:

sticker on driver door
    buck tag on radiator core support
    factory build sheet (sometimes found under carpet, behind interior panels, etc.)
    owner card /w metal tag attached
    original or repro window sticker
    original invoice (or eminger invoice if available)
    axle tag
    "build sheet" from Ford customer relationship center

VIN
    mileage
    factory options (most are indicated on door tag and or buck tag)
    listing and or sales history (venue of sale, date, location, selling price)
    As soon as I get #22 out of the back of the garage, I'll take some pics of the items you want.
    We DO have a post over on the SCOA Forums, started by sowaxeman, that's how we found out about you're "passion" for lack of a better word! We're happy to be here helping you with the registry info!
    Rick (Rib) LeBeau
    SCOA Pres.
    New Edge White SC Vert on hold for now!
    POWER in the Hands of ME!
    WHITE 1986 #22
    WHITE 2007 #22

FEP Senior Member

1986 #26

Options: Ford

A/C
    Power windows
    Defrost
    Interval wipers
    Tilt
    5-Speed
    2R paint
    Radio Delete
    GT seats
    LX dash

Options: Saleen
    Grey graphics
    Kenwood KRC-6000
    1985 Bodykit
    Stock Shifter
    Fulda tires
    Body color Rikens with machined baskets
    Koni Shocks
    Then
    1986 Prototype Bodykit
    General "B" tires
    Shift kit (Hurst)
    Saugus Pacecar

Also featured as a press car for;

Popular Cars Volume 8 Number 8 August 1986
    Mustang Illustrated Volume 1 Number 1 Spring 1986

Purschased from 2nd owner April 2011 from FEP
    Last edited by thecrimsoncat; 04-23-2012 at 01:30 PM.
    1986 Saleen #26 - Saugus Pace Car
    1988 Range Rover Classic - The Shop Truck

SO YOUR RIKENS ARE 2R INSETS ON GRAY TRI BARS ? 86-0026 ?
    HARVESTER OF EYES

FEP Senior Member

SO YOUR RIKENS ARE 2R INSETS ON GRAY TRI BARS ? 86-0026 ?
    Yes, the previous owner mentioned he had spoken with Liz Saleen years ago and she said it was the only one to come with 2R wheels. The machined surface I mentioned is the face of the spokes, Saleen used a "rough" cast center and a machined type. Mark Matusko I believe had thought #26 was the only car to get them, but I've found two (I think) other cars that came with them.
    1986 Saleen #26 - Saugus Pace Car
    1988 Range Rover Classic - The Shop Truck

Out of curiosity what info do you have on my 85-43 and 85-97. My son owns 85-79.

Thanks,
    Mark

I have almost no info on all three. 85-0079 is the one I have the most info on, and that is only because it was listed on ebay a couple of years ago, so only what I could garner from the ebay ad. I do not have door tags, buck tags, etc. from any of those three.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Got a few responses and more info from current and prior owners, some from in the lists above and some not. Thanks to all that have contacted me.

Hoping to get more.

This is the kind of data that I am collecting...

http://foxchassis.com/vcldata/Saleen/Saleen.xlsx
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Unable to logon to the database via that link, Mick. What info should I look for to determine if it's a Saleen model or not? If the buck tag is still attached, does it state "Saleen" on it?
    Craig "IDMooseMan" Peters
    1979 Mustang Ghia Notchback, 2.3L, Holley 5200, 4-spd, 3.08:1 7.5" diff, A/C, PS, PB, AM/FM/8-Track, Sunroof, Rear Defroster
    USAF SSgt 63170 1983 - 1992; Co-Founder, Vice President, Omega Delta Sigma, ID-A 2/2015
    To those that serve and have served, "Thank You", to those that haven't, "You're Welcome"
    2.3L Horsepower Potential Thread
    Buyer/Seller Experience Link
    Build Thread
    The Four-Eyed Game - 2018 Version

Here are pics of a couple Saleens on that list that a friend of mine has/had. Don't know if he still has them. Don't think he would have any of the info, but I havne't asked. The cars do exist though.
    1985 Saleen # 85 0015

1985 Saleen # 85 0079 (sold)
    -Sam
    1982 Mustang GL two hatchbacks, 3.3l and 5.0l
    1983 Capri RS Black Magic Ttop
    1984 Capri RS Sunroof
    1984 Mustang GT 'Vert
    1985 Mustang LX SSP CHP 8337
    1985 Mustang LX SSP CHP 8362
    1985 Mustang LX 3.8l 'Vert

FOX IT IS ASKING THAT I HAVE A USER AND PASS TO LOOK AT YOUR DATA BASE? P M ME IF YOU WANT. THANKS. INTERESTED IN SALEEN INFO. WILL HAVE ANOTHER FOR YOU SOONISH.
    HARVESTER OF EYES

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast