Close

Default found some new mesh

Found these tonight. They look to be a copy of the old epsilon mesh style. They are 18x8 and come in the 5 lug 5x114.3 pattern. They have an option that allows for a staggered rear wheel in the same width. Obviously for looks to give a staggered look. From what I have read they have a 2" lip up front and 3" in back. So not to bad. They only come in fro.t wheel drive 38mm offset, but with a 1" spacer it would be the perfect offset for a fox car. These could be used with the cheaper 5 lug swaps though. So not much work to run them.
    http://www.kyowadesigns.com/view-whe...o-matte-silver

Spacers would not be needed with the mesh wheels axis just started making in 17x8.5 in the 5 lug pattern and those have a 3" lip all around. I kind of like these better though. You can look up those on the axis website.
    2013 Focus ST3 2.0 turbo 6 speed

85 LTD, 90k miles, 3.8/c5,For sale... Or restomod if it doesn't sell

87 Conquest TSI widebody 2.6 Turbo/5speed, also maybe for sale

94 Tempo 3.0v6/5speed 92 GLS clone project

90 gmc sierra 2wd short box. 73k showroom condition, fender flares, 31" BFG All terrain. 350ci 4.10 gear

Blog Entries

I like the AXIS Klassic, kind of old school BBS look -

Bryan
    1985 LTD Police Package

Those Kyowa's kind of remind me of the honeycomb T/A style wheels found on the Bandit T/A. Nice!

[QUOTE=downtime!;1368253]I like the AXIS Klassic, kind of old school BBS look -

Do the offsets listed work for a 4eye? They are some nice looking wheels.

I do like that the axis wouldn't need slavers and should fit with the cheap 5 lug swap since the center caps are flush with the face. I like the other ones a little better. But would need longer wheel studs a d spacers. They would fit better then the axis though. Escpecially on the Ltd. The 8.5 width and 15mm offset may give me an issue on the back.

90 gmc sierra 2wd short box. 73k showroom condition, fender flares, 31" BFG All terrain. 350ci 4.10 gear

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome_Rush View Post
    Found these tonight. They look to be a copy of the old epsilon mesh style. They are 18x8 and come in the 5 lug 5x114.3 pattern. They have an option that allows for a staggered rear wheel in the same width. Obviously for looks to give a staggered look. From what I have read they have a 2" lip up front and 3" in back. So not to bad. They only come in fro.t wheel drive 38mm offset, but with a 1" spacer it would be the perfect offset for a fox car. These could be used with the cheaper 5 lug swaps though. So not much work to run them.
    http://www.kyowadesigns.com/view-whe...o-matte-silver

Spacers would not be needed with the mesh wheels axis just started making in 17x8.5 in the 5 lug pattern and those have a 3" lip all around. I kind of like these better though. You can look up those on the axis website.
    A one inch spacer is @25.6mm that would put you at @ 12mm offset. Most Mustangs require @ 19mm offset on a 8" wheel depending on how the 5 lug conversion was done. I would think a 18-20mm spacer would be a better choice for most Mustangs, but again depending on the actual car, 5 lug conversion, wheels, etc. will determine what you have to do.

Personally I like the Axis wheels and would love to put a set on my PC. Unfortunately I need the 35mm offset in the 8.5" with my combo.

Trey
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

I do like that the axis wouldn't need slavers and should fit with the cheap 5 lug swap since the center caps are flush with the face. I like the other ones a little better. But would need longer wheel studs a d spacers. They would fit better then the axis though. Escpecially on the Ltd. The 8.5 width and 15mm offset may give me an issue on the back.
    I don't believe the 15mm offset on the 8.5 will work well on the Mustang at either end. The front should require @20-24mm again depending on the setup again. You could run a 1/4" (7mm) spacer and they might fit, but you will need to check your fender clearance. The rear will be very similiar. With the right setup and the right hubcentric spacers and lug nuts, you could probably get them to fit pretty well.

Trey
    ​Trey

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

I don't know. I had the 8.5" 93 cobra reps with 26mm offset with an 8mm spacer and it fit fine. What's another 3mm. And that was with a 245/45/17. Running a 235 would make up for the difference.

Also, what 5 lug mustang wheels do fit with the Lincoln rotor swap? I hear mixed things
    I recall reading if the wheels have center caps they will fit because the caps are out so far it wont interfere. Is this true? I was looking at a set of gt wheels from a 97 with the center caps and think they would look good as a second set.

Also, what 5 lug mustang wheels do fit with the Lincoln rotor swap? I hear mixed things
    I recall reading if the wheels have center caps they will fit because the caps are out so far it wont interfere. Is this true? I was looking at a set of gt wheels from a 97 with the center caps and think they would look good as a second set.
    Those should fit without issue. It's generally the smaller 2"-2.5" centercaps that have issues, as the dust cap protrudes out far enough to knock these out, or inhibit putting them on.

You can also do the Ranger front swap, it's a smaller hub, and would allow the use of any 5-lug wheel, but you stick with the smaller brakes.

I don't know. I had the 8.5" 93 cobra reps with 26mm offset with an 8mm spacer and it fit fine. What's another 3mm. And that was with a 245/45/17. Running a 235 would make up for the difference.
    My comments were never that it wouldn't work, just that you will need to check it. Unfortunately I know nothing about the LTD. I have never owned one and probably never will. Nothing against them, just not what I want or need. As for the Mustangs, every combo seems to be a bit different, so what fits mine, may or may not fit yours. There are some general guidelines that will work, but again every car is different from amount of lowering, type of struts, coilovers, stock springs, wheels, tires, spindles, etc.

I will admit that most of my experience is in the 5 lug conversions and the aftermarket wheels that fit that. I have honestly only installed non OEM 4 lug wheels on 1 car my entire life. I guess that is because I just like the look of a 5 lug wheel better than the 4 lug especially when the lugs are exposed.

I would just recommend to anyone attempting something new, to try a test mount of the wheel first without a tire and see how they fit. I would hate for anyone to buy a set of wheels, mount tires and then find out that they won't work! I personally am not a big fan of wheel spacers, but I do understand that sometimes they are the only way to get what you want to fit. I have used them myself, but I generally try to keep them as thin as possible and only buy hubcentric spacers.

Good Luck!

Trey
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Those look almost identical to the original (84-early 85) saleen hayashi wheels.

It's a shame they aren't available in 17x8.5, 18's look a little donkish on most foxes, IMO

If they were 17's they would look fantastic on a 5-lugged 4-eye saleen (or clone) for that subtle updated look.

EVIL8286's white '86 clone comes to mind
    86' 2R T-Top GT - Weekend Fun/Track Days/the occasional Auto-X (CP)
    94' Civic Hatch - Daily Driver/Auto-X Toy (SMF)
    95' White F150 Lightning - Tow Rig

I don't mind the look of 18's on the sedan as it is a bit bigger looking anyways. I really like the fact that you can get them with a staggered lip though. I really dig staggered wheels. Its just for looks oncthese. Bit the look is really all I'm after anyways. Your right on the style though
    Its close to the epsilon style, but of is dead nuts identical to the hyashi. I also really like that these don't have the step lip. Its just flat going across. I really like the axis to though.

Wraith, the only difference between the Ltd and mustang are a few inches in length and sheet metal. The suspension is 100% the same. The wheel arches are a bit lower and not as rounded as the mustang which causes fitment issues with the 10" wheels. I have definetely done my homework on what will fit it. Not with just word of mouth, but with a wheelwithout a tire on it and actual measurements. The axis will fit but will require a little fender massaging in the rear and possibly a more narrow tire then a 245.

Sgt rob, I already have everything to go to the 87-93 v8 brakes bought which is why I wondered about the Lincoln rotors as oposed to the sn95 swap and spending cash I already spent.