Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Also have been told this was the correct grommet for the fuel filler.. Thinking about giving up a try

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-DORMAN-...-/251162445245

Quote Originally Posted by EARLY84GT View Post
    Arent the pump hanger/sending units readily available new aftermarket?
    Not anymore. Last time I checked, the Airtex E2146S has been discontinued.
    80 Fairmont Futura 2.3 4spd (soon to be 2.3T 5spd)
    86 Turbo Coupe 2.3T 5spd
    89 Mustang 2.3T 5spd (WRL Racer)

www.RaceWRL.com

Quote Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
    The numbers don't match because Ford does not put part numbers on parts, they're what's called an engineering number or i.d. number (25 years in Ford parts ) Order an E1AZ-9072-B from your local Ford or Lincoln dealer, should work with your combo.
    Yes I know. TWR2003 explained that in the next post right after mine. The Mustang grommet worked perfect with my LTD wagon filler tube and F2C tank.
    80 Fairmont Futura 2.3 4spd (soon to be 2.3T 5spd)
    86 Turbo Coupe 2.3T 5spd
    89 Mustang 2.3T 5spd (WRL Racer)

www.RaceWRL.com

Latemodel Restoration has the grommet new. Also, the vent valve, vent valve grommet, and body to filler neck seal they sell will all work on an F2C equipped F/Z.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Quote Originally Posted by TWR2003 View Post
    Speaking of the pump/sender connector - keep in mind that the stock Fairmont sender wires (2) pass thru from the trunk area thru a small oval hole with a matching right angle molded grommet. The new 4 pin connector will not fit thru that hole. What we ended up doing is making a new 4 wire rear 'harness' but used the existing right angle grommet and hole. We actually found another right angle grommet that we removed the wires from and then carefully threaded 4 new wires thru it. A tight fit but OK. Then we assembled the contacts from the new 4 pin connector and fed them thru the existing hole and attached the connector housing once the wires were thru and underneath. BTW you can clearly see how far the 2" filler pipe goes into the tank

You can still get that connector new:
    http://www.repairconnector.com/produ...ector-Kit.html
    but Ive found the contacts from all these made-in-china connectors and sockets to be total crap
    My crazy plan is to splice in the wring from a SEFI Fox Mustang but change the fuel pump connector to the one used on a CFI LTS/Marquis wagon.

At first I had intended on using the LTD/Marquis fuel pump/sender wiring but I didn't want to deal with cutting a bigger hole or welding in a section with the correct size/shape hole from a donor car. I like the fact the Fox SEFI mustang has an intermediate connector. The down side is the SEFI Fox mustang harness at the tank end has two connectors which I will have to disassemble and combined into a single connector harvested from an LTD/Marquis. I sure hope the end contact terminals are the same!
    Proud owner of the one and only Friggin' Futura

I'm not having a any success finding a ltd fuel filler neck for my f2c.. Are there any other cars that I can pick one from besides the LTD and Marquis

'82 SWB & wagon Cougar/Granada, and '82-83 Fairmont/Zephyr.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Is E4DZ-9H307-B the right part number for the pump and sending unit ? Since it's been an older post will the new aeromotive drop in pumps work ? The type where you cut a hole in the top of the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastyorkstang View Post
    Is E4DZ-9H307-B the right part number for the pump and sending unit ? Since it's been an older post will the new aeromotive drop in pumps work ? The type where you cut a hole in the top of the tank.
    Absolutely. Cut a hole in your F2A and drop it in. No messing with having to find the smaller filler neck or modifying the sending unit or anything. It's a sweet deal.

Holley and Fitech make kits also. I've been recommending people do that ever since the LTD sending unit became no longer available.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Thanks. Think I found the right one. Summits SUM-250151. I think 100 psi and 255lph is enough for my stock '89 5.0

More than enough. Spec is 40 psi and stock pump is 88 lph.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12