Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

They will work and clear perfectly. Best I've done with a set was on a 336 ci engine, 12psi made 676hp.
    1986 CHP SSP Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Ourobos View Post
    They will work and clear perfectly. Best I've done with a set was on a 336 ci engine, 12psi made 676hp.
    Duplicate
    Last edited by from6to8; 05-16-2017 at 07:18 PM.

Okay as to them working I'm sure they will work but in the regards of what someone told me as to to do a 331 Stroker versus doing a 306 for the heads I intend to use would it be beneficial to even due at 331 in regards to the 170s running out of flow before the extra cubes are taken advantage of? recommended a 185 CC head which the trick flow doesn't seem to even make any more they make the 190 but I wonder what the same combo just swapping from a 170 to the 190 how much more horses would be gained?
    Last edited by from6to8; 05-16-2017 at 07:17 PM.

They are the perfect street head, them and an afr165.
    1986 CHP SSP Coupe

They are the perfect street head, them and an afr165.
    I understand but if you can elaborate on what you think the same setup the difference is being 185 or 190cc heads vs. The one seventies what if any do you think would be gained would it be more mid-to-upper horsepower and torque but you know maybe worse on the lower end or what what's your thoughts?

Yes, more possible power on top for a high revving engine or larger cube engine..

An engine is just an air pump, and port velocity is more important than raw air flow - and the 170 is perfectly suited for any 8.2 deck engine, except a balls out race build
    1986 CHP SSP Coupe

Yes, more possible power on top for a high revving engine or larger cube engine..

An engine is just an air pump, and port velocity is more important than raw air flow - and the 170 is perfectly suited for any 8.2 deck engine, except a balls out race build
    Gotcha. Yes I'm trying to plan out my combo carefully as opposed to when I did my combo back in 04 for the 302. I went with the performer rpm 2 intake, had an E cam already, the TF 170's, 75 mm maf, 70 tb, 24 lb injectors, Mac 1 5/8 shorties, basani X, and flowmasters. First tune that I had for 9 yrs made 286 rwhp with about 295-301 ft lbs of torque. After some issues that arose over the years and diagnosing and playing around with the idle and the fp, ect, I learned that I could have effected the tune by doing those things. I finally in 2014 after fixing a broken spring on the no. 2 cylinder and putting the car back together, I went to a different tuner after changing the cam to a custom grind. It made 291 hp and 313 ft lbs of tq. Car drove good and strong though I didnt touch the bottom end with 182 k miles since it checked out fine.

I over the years also of learning much more than I knew in 04 came to the realization that I could and should have properly matched my combo better. I for one after the engine swap in 02 from a v6, had the E cam initially and the shorties and X pipe. I added the heads and intake in 04 and at that time admit that I was looking for the latest greatest in intakes and read up on the performer 2 and wanted to be different. I decided to go with it and it would work for my combo but moreso on mid to top end performed it's best. So yes now with the 331, I want to pair things up better for sure. Not sure if I mentioned but I will more than likely end up with 3 stangs. I want an SN95 cobra as well and want to do a 400W for it. The 95 I have now is a Saleen clone. I always wanted a few cars setup differently cosmetically and mechanically. Lastly, I want a Terminator. So yes i plan on having with the 331, around 335-375 rwhp, with the 400W around 500, and the Termi around 675. So i can actually afford to just use most of my 302 parts for the 331 and not have it a max build because the other 2 cars will be meaner on the street.

What intake gaskets is everyone using with these heads? I'm about to replace mine not sure which ones to get?

EDIT

I finally found that Trick flow recommends Fel-pro 1250 gaskets. I already have a set Magnum MS8100 gaskets which are same specs as 1250's .060" thick and port size of 1.20"x 2.00" So I'm going to give them a try.
    Last edited by Ryan86GT; 05-17-2017 at 08:33 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12