Close

Default Need help with Holley 2bbl Carb List #9965-1

Holley 2bbl Carb List #9965-1 was the replacement carb for '79 302 V8 Mustang/Capri and '78-'79 Fairmont/Zephyr Variable Venturi carb (in California).

It's a great carb, lasts longer between rebuilds than the Variable Venturi carb it replaced.

And that's the rub. Holley no longer makes the renew kit for it and the Hygrade kit I bought for this carb appears to have no relation to the actual parts in the Holley.

Can I use the Holley model 2300 30cc fuel acellerator pump diaphram, fuel float needle valve/fuel inlet valve?

My current carb is ten years old, has never been rebuilt, and now leaks fuel from the fuel accelerator pump diaphram and floods out like the fuel float is stuck.

Just wanted to see if anyone can help me on this before I try a Mickey Mouse parts store rebuild 49 state Motorcraft 2150 rebuild...

Thanks!

Dean T
    Proud owner of the one and only Friggin' Futura

I also have a carb with this list number can't find out what it is do you know if it is 350 or 500cfm

Sent from my CPH1719 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by corey.stubbz69 View Post
    I also have a carb with this list number can't find out what it is do you know if it is 350 or 500cfm

Blowin' the dust off of a 7 year old unanswered post, lol...
    What it looks like it is (viewing some info by searching the interweb), is a model 2300 Holley 2-barrel, probably a lot like common others...
    The short answer on size is to measure the base plate throttle bore diameters - 1-1/2"=350cfm, 1-11/16"=500cfm
    The longer short answer on size is to also measure the body's venturi diameters - 1-3/16"=350cfm, 1-3/8"=500cfm
    Mike
    1986 Mustang convertible ---> BUILD THREAD
    Past Fox-chassis "four eyes":
    1983 Mercury Cougar LS
    1986 Ford Thunderbird ELAN
    1980 Capri RS Turbo

Work in progress website ---> http://carb-rebuilds-plus.boards.net/

Haha yeah it looks like the 2300 series just don't know the can thanks for the info will check it out its on a Cortina xflow that's made some work doneI'm coverting to go in my xf

Cfm