Close

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Default 4th Annual Long Island Four-Eyed Fox-A-Que Weekend!

The Official 4th Annual Four-Eyed Fox-A-Que Weekend

July 21st 11am - 4pm
    4th Annual Four-Eyed Fox-A-Que

Suggested donation amount of: $15 per adult.

With Food costs what they are, I really need to know exact counts). With that said, I do know sometimes gas and hotels prohibit attendance, so please, please only commit if you know you can arrange everything you will need.

Wait... there's more... I will need TWO volunteers this year to help with the grill. Those two volunteers will be FREE. The only thing I ask is 1 hour of working the grill from you. I want everyone to enjoy as much time as possible so I want to limit anyone's grill time to 1 hr max.

Pre-Registration deadline will be July 13th.
    I'll arrange all of the food shopping and getting it all there and starting the grills etc. For anyone wishing to contribute with the shopping and gathering of food, drinks, supplies or other things we may need, please reach out to me via PM or email (I am sure 90% of you have my email and phone). Those of you that have already reached out, thank you, and I look forward to coordinating.

--------------------------------------------

As this year will be no exception and I know there will be new comers, here are "official address to the park".... HOWEVER be aware, this takes you to the golf course side. We are meeting at the PICNIC side, which is a little ways off. We will also hopefully coordinate a group cruise in. So everyone, bring your cameras, your iPhones, Video cams, whatever you want to take pics and video of all of it.

Bethpage State Park
    99 Quaker Meeting House Road
    Farmingdale, NY 11735
    PLEASE READ THE GOOGLE/DIRECTIONS INFO BELOW ALSO, VERY IMPORTANT....

FOOD/DRINK
    If anyone has any specific dietary needs, please let me know.

Here is what's on the menu:
    - burgers/cheeseburgers
    - hotdogs
    - sausages
    - potato/mac salad & cole slaw
    - potato chips, doritos, pretzels (there will be no dip)
    - soda, water, juice
    - the BBQ is a dry event. No alcohol at the bbq as because we'd need a permit with the amount of people. If anyone wants to bring their own cooler for later in the evening at the Beach Hut, that's fine by me, but as the organizer of the BBQ, I ask anyone to leave it at the gate/in their cars. Last thing I'd want to see is anyone intoxicated, cracking up their car, hurting someone, themselves etc. I can't have that on my conscience or liability, thanks.

DIRECTIONS
    Here are some directions (to where we are BBQ'ing):

From Long Island's South Shore
    Southern State Parkway to Seaford-Oyster Bay Expressway N (RT 135 N)
    Take RT 135 north to Exit 8 (Powell Ave).
    As you are exiting through the curve you will get to Powell Ave/Plainview Road, make the immediate left, the main road into the park will be on your immediate left.

From Long Island's North Shore
    Northern State Parkway or LIE (495) to Seaford-Oyster Bay Expressway S (RT135 S)
    Take RT 135 south to Exit 8 (Powell Ave).
    As you are exiting off the exit ramp you will be at Powell Ave, make a left (crossing you back over 135), then continue on up to the main road into the park will be on your immediate left (Do not make the left to get back on the SOB/135).

Here is a link to where the BBQ LOT is:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?client=s...en&sa=N&tab=wl
    Last edited by eeprete; 07-20-2012 at 01:43 PM. Reason: title change

Official FOX-A-QUE Threads
    : 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009

Neither here nor there

I'll check my plans and get back to you on this....I think I had my annual dental cleaning that weekend.

EDIT: OK............I can't wait!
    Last edited by Capriman86; 02-19-2012 at 10:14 AM.

I've added this to the FEP Calendar.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/calendar...=2012-7-20&c=1

For a reminder email ranging from one hour to three days before the event, click here: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/calendar...dreminder&e=50

Have a good time!

Did i see ribs?
    79 Capri RS
    341 rwhp,348 rwtq 11.20@127

1939 Pontiac Deluxe 6. 73,xxx original miles. Barn find. Currently the secomd owner.

2013 Focus ST
    2012 Taurus SEL
    1997 F350

Ed, thanks for putting this together again. I really hope to make it this year. Now that I have a date I can start checking to see if I can do it.
    Stan
    1986 Ford Mustang Saleen #80 Gray/gray
    1986 Mercury Capri ASC McLaren Coupe#20 Black/silver, gone.
    1985 GT Silver/gray T-top car, gone
    1985 Canyon Red Turbo coupe, gone

redlordamazon

Thanks Ed for another yearly BBQ and a very nice and informative write up. I will check the date and making arrangements to keep the date clear.

I'LL BE THERE!! Put me down for 2!

I'd like to add this will be my 3rd year going and it's by far, the best car related experience I've ever had!!

I know it's a far drive for some people and with gas prices and stuff I certainly understand. BUT - BUT, I'll tell ya it's worth it...If there is anyway at all possible to be there - I say start saving penny's now and make plans...you will NOT be disappointed!

Man I can't wait!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    I've added this to the FEP Calendar.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/calendar...=2012-7-20&c=1

For a reminder email ranging from one hour to three days before the event, click here: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/calendar...dreminder&e=50

Have a good time!
    Thank you Mick, much appreciated. Maybe consider coming up to join us? You're more than welcome to join in, with or w/o your GT.

Make no mistake Chris, ribs are on the menu.

And Stan and Chris, hope you'll be able to make it!! And of course, bring the families.

Quote Originally Posted by n20capri View Post
    I'LL BE THERE!! Put me down for 2!

I'd like to add this will be my 3rd year going and it's by far, the best car related experience I've ever had!!

I know it's a far drive for some people and with gas prices and stuff I certainly understand. BUT - BUT, I'll tell ya it's worth it...If there is anyway at all possible to be there - I say start saving penny's now and make plans...you will NOT be disappointed!

Man I can't wait!!!!!
    Awww shucks bro. You know it's great because of you too right??

Just seeing that blue blur on the Ocean Parkway...

CANNOT WAIT!

Nice to have a date set now Ed. Can't wait!
    ~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop
    1985 Mustang LX 5.0 Notchback
    1995 Ford F150 SVT Lightning
    www.cardomain.com/id/mustang4life1985

redlordamazon

And Stan and Chris, hope you'll be able to make it!! And of course, bring the families.[/QUOTE]

Ed, I am sure that one my son finds out about the date he will leave us with no choice but to make sure the date is clear. Thanks again and if the date is good I might be able to lend a hand as needed.

Ed you can count me in , i had a blast last year wont miss it !
    1993 Mustang GT ,393w TKO600 .

2015 Ford F150 FX4 3.5L Ecoboost.

Can't wait I am in
    1979 Ghia Coupe
    5.0/C4
    Polar White
    1981 Cobra
    Gen 2 Coyote/6R80
    Bright Bittersweet
    2022 Mustang GT
    10r80 Whipple
    Eruption Green

Yeah, put me down for 2 or 3, also, attemtping to get some more of my non 4-eye buddies to drive their cars down. One is a 66 Fairlane vert, the other an 07 Gt500.
    Also Ed, sign me up for an hour of grill duty. And I will be planning some home brew for the beach hut. Screw spending 5 bucks for cheap beer. Hows about a nice Mustang Ale?
    79 Capri RS
    341 rwhp,348 rwtq 11.20@127

1939 Pontiac Deluxe 6. 73,xxx original miles. Barn find. Currently the secomd owner.

2013 Focus ST
    2012 Taurus SEL
    1997 F350

redlordamazon

Hows about a nice Mustang Ale?[/QUOTE]

I think your on to something Chris

Cool another FoxAQue,I'll do my best to make it.

Really wanted to go this year.. had fun last year in my limited time and with no car..
    I already have plans to attend the MCA Nationals up in Rhode Island that weekend...
    ________
    mike

1964 Econoline
    1966 GT K Fastback (resto started)
    1969 Alfa GTV
    www.mscli.com

Guys I went to this event for the first time last year. I had a BLAST. I've been wrenching on cars for about 25 years now and I've never seen a group of guys with more passion or dedication to their hobby than the 4 eye guys.

I rode up early Saturday morning in my 86 GT convertible. Bill (Magnum517) rode with me and we cruised up together with Mike (N20Capri). The entire day was enjoyable from start to finish. The cruise along the ocean to the Beach Hut with all the 4 eyes was one of the best things I've ever done in a car.

While I was there I saw some seriously nice cars. There were several nice T-top cars that had me wanting to score a T-top. So I sold my convertible with the idea of scoring a T-top. I found an 83 T-top for a nice price and brought it home. After a short amount of time I realized that I simply preferred the 85/86 front end better and I sold the 83. About 2-3 weeks later I decided to follow my original passion for Musclecars and I scored my Challenger. That being said, I never lost my passion for 4 eye cars. The hunt is on now for an 85/86 T-top car that I can drive, cruise, and modify. I'm taking my time and not rushing into a car like I did on the 83. My hopes are to find something before the BBQ so I can attend.

The Fox BBQ was such an enjoyable event for me that even if If I don't find a 4 eye before then, I might cruise up in my Challenger just for the Hell of it. Although I'm not sure I want to ride from PA to Long Island in a big block with 4:10 gears.

One way or another I HIGHLY recommend this event!
    Greg

95 Bronco 4WD 5.0, auto, 3:55 rear- daily driver

86 Mustang GT T-tops 5.0, 5 speed, 3:27 gears

68 Firebird 400, ported 6X heads, 068 cam, Muncie 4-speed, 3:55 gears

If I was going to (remotely) be in the neighborhood, I'd consider it. But I don't think I'll be in NY until much later.

Greg, thanks for those kind words. I too have never seen a more passionate group. I am glad everyone has such a blast and enjoys the company of their four-eye brothers.

Mike, I know the MCA event was that same weekend, and it's a shame that both will take place same day. I try to time it with the syosset show in mind since that's a nice local show also to here.

And Mick, if you are ever on LI, by all means write, BBQ or not, would welcome meeting you.

I'll be there too

If I lived closer then for sure.
    Mike

1986 ASCMclaren #108
    stock short block, Victor EFI, 75mm TB, 3.08's, Borla cat-back, slot style MAF conversion, Gt-40p heads, TFS1 cam, 80lb injectors, 69mm turbo, Moates Quaterhorse, E85. 501/584 @ the rear wheels

I'm in... OF COURSE!!!!!

Thanks once again Ed!! July can't come soon enough.
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

Only time I've been on the island is flying in to or out of JFK or LaGuardia. And that was after I had long since moved away from NY. You'd think somebody that lived in (upstate) NY for almost 26 years would have been there at least once. But nope.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    You'd think somebody that lived in (upstate) NY for almost 26 years would have been there at least once. But nope.
    Shame on you...

J/K... It would be cool if you could attend.
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

Here is a registration flyer for the Syosset Ford 'Thunderbird & all Fords' car show on Sunday the 22nd of July, 2012.

'92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast